Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

rfyv2vcz

Jun 22, 2012
hello.
I wonder if any body can help me with this, the name of a game where you pretended that your computer was hunted and you typed the answers of the questions (without they knowing) that some body asked you, making them think that the computer (the gohst) answered the question.
there was a link. does any body knows it?

Chase Young

Jun 22, 2012
I've been trying to remember this game for forever
you could play as like a rabbit guy, I think a bird guy, and some other thing. it was based in the woods/forest. the theme song or walking around song had the melody of bittersweet symphony. played this back in the early early 2000's. sorry I cant describe it anymore, thats all I remember. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about at all? I think it was on playstation

raynimrod

Jun 23, 2012
Hey guys, I (like most others here) can't remember for the life of me the name of a game I used to play.

I'm pretty sure it was a PC adventure game and I played it in the early-mid 90s. If I recall correctly, you play as a blonde dude, you walk around collecting little red hearts, you often had to fight wild pigs or boars as an enemy type, and some of the levels take place in an underground mine. In the mine levels, I'm pretty sure you sit in a mining cart on a track and go through the level like that.

I've been trying to remember what this game is for years, but had no luck. If anybody can shed some light on this, it would be very much appreciated ^__^.

hellopeople

Jun 23, 2012
Someone please help me this has been bugging me for a long time now....for the original xbox. All i rember is that you had to look around different areas....like a beach (with an ocean you had to swin in) to find elemental fragments(fire,water,earth and air)that you eventually could use with your weapon(its like a double headed spear thing)and combine the elements for different effects, fire and water to make steam. this is my last hope in rembering the name of it ;_;

playerr3

Nov 17, 2009
Okay so this is a really really hard request. What I come to you today in search of was a video game i played around 2003ish although its possible it was released earlier. The game's plot was controlling a wizard who used a wand as a weapon that was upgradable and when attacking it threw orbs. The main enemy were these walking mushrooms. I remember the last boss being named Dave. He wore a suit of armor and the map for the boss fight was just a small piece of land surrounded by lava. It was for PC. I can't remember much else about it.

RylenWolf

Jun 21, 2012
raynimrod said:
Hey guys, I (like most others here) can't remember for the life of me the name of a game I used to play.

I'm pretty sure it was a PC adventure game and I played it in the early-mid 90s. If I recall correctly, you play as a blonde dude, you walk around collecting little red hearts, you often had to fight wild pigs or boars as an enemy type, and some of the levels take place in an underground mine. In the mine levels, I'm pretty sure you sit in a mining cart on a track and go through the level like that.

I've been trying to remember what this game is for years, but had no luck. If anybody can shed some light on this, it would be very much appreciated ^__^.
DUDE. THAT'S MY ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTURES GAME FOR THE GENESIS.

Sorry for the quotes lol.

WOOTinator

Jun 23, 2012
Hello, I made an account just for this thread :')
I am here for 2 games

1:
-It's a PC game (don't know it it was for consoles too)
-It came from around the year 2000 according to the graphics
-The player is a burglar/thief, there's an open world and you need to rob places, you can collect gear and loot and stuff to use in your next robberies, it's an open world and it all looks very cartoony, there are people and cars. You can also choose a getaway car but I don't remember if you could drive in the game. I think the game was some sort of bird's eye view but I could be wrong. Anyway you look like some slick guy in a suit I think, and your normal getaway car is a small yellow car, and I remember atleast one item being a crowbar.
The city itself looked kinda dark and grim, but cartoony.
-I played it not too long ago (couple of years)

EDIT: I FOUND IT! "The Sting!"

2:
-It's an old racing game (Around 2000-2004?), but I remember weapons being a part of the game
-The box art cover featured I think a Dodge Viper with a minigun mounted on it's hood, and maybe an explosion in the background.

I remember there were lots of vehicles to choose from, (one of them being a black sports car with a flames decal??)
I remember two maps: A jungle and a desert. In the start of the desert map you are on a road looking at some sort of canyons/mountains/tunnels of rock that you need to drive through.

I've looked everywhere for vehicular combat games, and here's a list of which games it isn't
-Twisted Metal
-Vigilante 8
-Rumble Racing (<- This features the same "Desert" level I described, so I could've mixed it up with that game levels wise)
-Death Race
-Interstate '76
-Carmageddon
-Speed Busters
-Armobiles
-Crush Hour
-Full Auto
-The list goes on and on

Anyway it's not a very known game because else I would've found it already :')

So if anyone could help me with these two games, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: I found a game very similar to it: "ROAD WARS"
It even has the boxart that resembles my description, though I don't think this is the game.
http://www.tudocompleto.com/2009/04/road-wars-pc-fullrip.html

Anyway, look for a game that resembles this :')

WOOTinator

Jun 23, 2012
m_mniny said:
ok so first thanks for starting such a topic .. i registered an account just for this thread.
i got three games that i can't remember their names (some serious memory issues!)

1) the first game i used to play on PC like 12 years ago or so (probably a DOS game) the setup is simple, a shoot'em up game with zombies where you choose between a male or a female character at the beginning then you shoot the zombies and rescue people.

2) the second one is on PC too but i think its older than the first .. you're a DUDE (probably blonde) and you're in the desert (probably the wild west) the view is something like a birdeye's view but its closer (you can move all over the map) .. lots of weapons (machine guns, rocket launchers .. ) oh and i remember that one thing where you go to an oasis like water-place to heal or something.

3) this one i used to play on PC too but i think its been ported from (PS1 maybe?) .. its a side-scrolling/platformer game where you control a lemming like creature who attacks foes with his hat (i think you learn more moves later for this hat thing)

p.s. im really desperate to find these games so anyhelp would be much appreciated, oh and please forgive my sucky english
This might be a little late, but:

1: Zombies ate my Neighbors
2: Re-Loaded ?
3: Don't know it :p

Fabianos

Jun 22, 2012
Joumana Khoury said:
hi
i know the game ur talking about..and im also searching for it.. i guess by the details u mentioned its the same one.. aboy fell ill and then in his dream or something he is transported to a nursery rhyme land, where he has to help nursery rhyme characters find things.. like mary who u should help her find her little white lamb ..and the king who lost his fiddlers and bowl..and the old woman who lived in ashoe .. and each house u enter u find something related to one of the characters and u have to take it back to him to hear the rhyme...
i dont know if thats the one ur talking about.. i used to play it in the 90s ..its called serah or sara...something like that ..but i cant find it either..so if u happen to find it somewhere on the net pls let me know

thanks
Hi Joumana :)
what are you talking about? which king and which boy, who gonna get married? lol
sure it's not the same game, but thanks for ur trying :)
Hope you'll find ur interesting game yalla wassina? lol
P.S. fattashet 3alayke 3ala FB la2eit noss malyon Joumana K ghayrek lol bas 7abbeit a3ref min hal mahdoume! :)

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
kiri2tsubasa said:
Memory is pretty spotty but this was a PC game in I think the early 90's. Takes place in a mental hospital. You get possessed every now and again by your ghost father, grandfather, uncle or something. Such instance include injecting yourself with one of 4 syringes, one includes the bubonic plague. You try and help ghost, one that was convinced that she had a child when she never did. One of the puzzles include getting out of an iron lung type device that generates a large amount of heat and the only way to escape is by using a lighter near a temperature control device. That is all I remember of it.
Erm, it may be a long shot but Sanitarium? I haven't played it (yet) but I recently bought it on GOG - it sounds a bit like it, at least the mental hospital bit.

k.b.

Jun 23, 2012
i have been searching high and low for the name of game. it is really driving me nuts because some of the details of the game are a little vague. this game was for either PSX, SNES, or Sega sorry i am not sure which system. well from what i remember i think it may be medieval based and the characters are on a chess or checkers board. from there i am really drawing a blank about what the game is really about but i remember playing this game quite a bit back in the day. i am really hoping someone might remember playing such a game. sorry for the really vague details.

sdfgsdfgdfsg

Jun 23, 2010
I haven't actually played the game, but i saw its trailer like a hundred times, and i still want to play it! It featured some rabbit-like(or something the same size) white creature and it had another squirrel-like(or something the same size) creature cuffed to its arm with a long chain and it(the "rabbit" that is) just went around smashing computers with it(with a squirrel) in some science lab or something.Does anybody know what the hell am i talking about?

Owen Thal

Jun 24, 2012
OK so lets see if anyone can help me. I am looking for a mac game I use to play at a friends house in the late 90's. It was a 3rd person shooter where you play as a spaceman (I think) and shoot your way through various levels. I also remember the enemies being candy or sweets themed. Does anyone have any ideas?

violetharlequin

Jun 24, 2012
Hello! I am also looking for an old game, I played it on Windows 95 if I remember correctly.
I don't have many details but here's what I've got and I hope somebody will figure out what's itcalled:
The game would start in a small window. With every level the maze would become more complex. Through your character, you had to move balls (which I think were yellow)so as to pass to the next level. I remember something about mushrooms blocking your way; also there were mushrooms that made you sick if you ate them; you would change colour. There were other nature elements in the game such as flowers. I think they also blocked your way.
You would go up and down and left and then come back, in a maze sort of like Gobman. The colours were vivid and the graphic was "clean" and by that I mean it didn't resemble DAVE or NINJA, but closer to the classic Mario for PC (the ones with 4 levels).
Thank you in advance and I really hope someone remembers! :)

Maverick Dorotheo

Apr 16, 2011
Hello to anyone out there reading this right now.

Anyways, This game I'm looking for is from the Original Playstation(or PSX).

It's a 3D platforming shooter were you play either a Black Guy or a Red-Haired(?) Girl against aliens. Both of them start off with a machine gun, collecting power-ups to get more unique weapons that recharge over time. The very first level of the game had you dropped of by a transport. There was also a bug/glitch in one of the levels where in shooting the barrels before taking care of the turrets first would lead to a piece of road dropping but your character being uncontrollable at that point.

The most memorable part of the game for me was riding a hoverbike while outrunning a huge wall of fire because of a nuclear blast.

Ben Sellars

May 31, 2012
WOOTinator said:
Hello, I made an account just for this thread :')
I am here for 2 games

1:
-It's a PC game (don't know it it was for consoles too)
-It came from around the year 2000 according to the graphics
-The player is a burglar/thief, there's an open world and you need to rob places, you can collect gear and loot and stuff to use in your next robberies, it's an open world and it all looks very cartoony, there are people and cars. You can also choose a getaway car but I don't remember if you could drive in the game. I think the game was some sort of bird's eye view but I could be wrong. Anyway you look like some slick guy in a suit I think, and your normal getaway car is a small yellow car, and I remember atleast one item being a crowbar.
The city itself looked kinda dark and grim, but cartoony.
-I played it not too long ago (couple of years)

EDIT: I FOUND IT! "The Sting!"

2:
-It's an old racing game (Around 2000-2004?), but I remember weapons being a part of the game
-The box art cover featured I think a Dodge Viper with a minigun mounted on it's hood, and maybe an explosion in the background.

I remember there were lots of vehicles to choose from, (one of them being a black sports car with a flames decal??)
I remember two maps: A jungle and a desert. In the start of the desert map you are on a road looking at some sort of canyons/mountains/tunnels of rock that you need to drive through.

I've looked everywhere for vehicular combat games, and here's a list of which games it isn't
-Twisted Metal
-Vigilante 8
-Rumble Racing (<- This features the same "Desert" level I described, so I could've mixed it up with that game levels wise)
-Death Race
-Interstate '76
-Carmageddon
-Speed Busters
-Armobiles
-Crush Hour
-Full Auto
-The list goes on and on

Anyway it's not a very known game because else I would've found it already :')

So if anyone could help me with these two games, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: I found a game very similar to it: "ROAD WARS"
It even has the boxart that resembles my description, though I don't think this is the game.
http://www.tudocompleto.com/2009/04/road-wars-pc-fullrip.html

Anyway, look for a game that resembles this :')
Not Spy Hunter is it? They did a re-release of the game in 2001. And it has a sports car with guns on it on the PS2 game cover. http://www.highrescovers.com/ps2-covers/spy-hunter-usa-1417.html

raynimrod

Jun 23, 2012
RylenWolf said:
raynimrod said:

DUDE. THAT'S MY ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTURES GAME FOR THE GENESIS.

Sorry for the quotes lol.
Haha I can see why you'd think that, but I'm afraid it isn't. This game is more from a higher up top-down perspective except for the mine levels. And the protagonist is a person I believe :p. Thanks anyway.

Anybody else have any idea?

Ricky-Tikki-Tavi

Jun 25, 2012
Ok, This has haunted me for years. I really hope someone can help me!

There is this game I played for the PC. I don't know specifics, but it was on a floppy disc and I was addicted to something Sega had called the "Sega Channel" at the time, if that helps date it. It was a point and click and took place in space, I think. I'm not sure because you end up going into some temple. The temple's walls were purple, or maybe more bluish, and there may have been some arrows on the ground. What set this apart from other Point and click adventures was that you were able to get into battles with what I remember being lizardmen. When you go to fight them, a picture of your guy doing kung fu would appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I can detail the man, too. He was dressed in purple and had a silver helmet. My memories are clouded with Darth Vader, so I remember the helmet looking like that, but it could vary. You only see the upper half of the man screaming and thrusting punches and karate chops at the screen. I would die often, though I remember getting some laser baton or something that gave me an edge in combat.

The only part of the game other than that that I remember is falling into a lava trap in one of the rooms, to which my brother told me I needed a rope to get out of it. The lava could have been sand, I should mention. The rope was acquired by killing one of the enemies.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm not kidding when I say that this has been bothering me for some time. I'm 24 and can't get the images out of my head!

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Joumana Khoury said:
hi
i know the game ur talking about..and im also searching for it.. i guess by the details u mentioned its the same one.. aboy fell ill and then in his dream or something he is transported to a nursery rhyme land, where he has to help nursery rhyme characters find things.. like mary who u should help her find her little white lamb ..and the king who lost his fiddlers and bowl..and the old woman who lived in ashoe .. and each house u enter u find something related to one of the characters and u have to take it back to him to hear the rhyme...
i dont know if thats the one ur talking about.. i used to play it in the 90s ..its called serah or sara...something like that ..but i cant find it either..so if u happen to find it somewhere on the net pls let me know

thanks

I'm not sure who this was in response to, but your description is almost definitely Mixed up Mother Goose, which was published by Sierra (which might explain where you're getting serah/sara). And I have to say, thank you for reminding me of that game. I absolutely loved it when I was three or four years old, it was one of the first videogames I ever played, yet I'd almost completely forgotten about it. It's basically King's Quest: Small Child Edition.