Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Tesral said:
MrDelicious said:
It was this game on the ps1 where you played as a rabbit that walked on a line and had to dodge obstacles in time with a beat
Absolutely Vib Ribbon.
You lucky Brits! They never released that game in the US. I had to, um, "modify" my PS1 and buy a Japanese copy of Vib Ribbon. Still have it.

Tylarion

Jan 31, 2013
This game I have trouble remembering was a point and click type of game. I remember it was a little spooky, there was an area with a road and trees next to it where you'd see the headless horseman. There was an area with gallows and I remember the goal being to get into a castle, where I think there was a vampire. I am not so sure about this one, but I think you had to collect gems at the castle to open some door. It was a long time ago(6+ years), for the PC and it might have been a kids game.

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
Sergio Bautista said:
Sergio Bautista said:
Sergio Bautista said:
hi there i need some help with a game i cant remember the name but it goes like this:

you are a demon(i think) with a pet demon and you go through the game upgrading your pet which yo can change if you find some special crystal or egg or something

the introduction of the game shows your character fighting with your brother and your ultimate pet fighting his pet inside a church i think.

im pretty sure it was for the ps2

i hope you can help thx anyways.

just a hint if you can plz
I'm 99.9% sure that is "Castlevania: Curse Of Darkness" Literally everything you said about it describes that game, i dont know if it is for the ps2 as well, but i know its for the original xbox and is unfortunately not backwards compatible with the 360.

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
Hello, I'm new and i think this is a wonderful thread idea, i'm not sure if either of these games have been said already at some point but there are 161 pages... so im just going to possibly re-ask. There are two games i would like to know about

1) I only ever played a demo of this game. This game was definitely for the PS1, maybe others as well i don't know. It was kinda of like a mixture between birds eye view and third person, if you people know what the term "fourth wall" means, than that is what it was. It was purely a pvp game, and you were inside a box arena, like complete with a roof and walls, and there were some floating pads in the middle of the arena, you played as one of 4, or 6, or maybe 8 people (i dont remember how many, but you were all color coated, so one person would be blue, one would be red etc...) who are all really tiny, and you shoot eachother, the catch about this game is that the map would continually shift around, so all of a sudden the box your in does a 180 and you and the computer players would fall down to the floor, it was a gravity sensitive. Now im really sorry about this but, i might be wrong about that last part, when it shifts around you might stay where you are instead of actually being affected by gravity.

2) Im not sure what platform this is for, i think ps1, but i do know its old enough to be on that system. This is a 3rd person game. Now it started out by letting you choose what character you wanted to play as, there were three, you could be a warrior (or knight or whatever he would be called) and he had a sword and was some white guy, or you could be a mage (again might have been called something else) who had a staff and was a black guy, or you could pick the white female, i dont remember if she was a warrior or an archer though. (The only reason i specified color is to be specific, i dont really care im just trying to give information). Then it put you into the first level, where it was just a short cobble road surrounded by buildings, at the end of the road was an archway that would lead you to town square i believe, but just to the right of that was small little pathway that lead you into a small basement-like area, where there were a few enemies. The only i enemies i ever fought were this big brown demons, that were really fast, i think i might have fought 2-4 in the first place, the road. Two more in the basement, and about 3 in town square before i would die EVERYTIME... That is as much as i know of it because i remember when i played it, (even as a warrior) it was very hard, kicked my butt. never got past town square=i.e. second room of the game...

for about 9 years now, ive been wondering what these games are, i kept an eye out for them, but never looked, than i stumbled across this thread today and i thought... "Why not?" Thank you so much for your help guys, and if someone has happened to have asked about either of these two game, than i am sorry for re-posting them, but i would still appreciate an answer...

zerohour1974

Mar 28, 2008
Mechanoise said:
Amazing thread, but now I'm going to give you a real challenge, as this was a game played by groups on an 80s , UK, kids Saturday morning show - similar to what ghost train and live and kicking were.

It was a general knowledge game done as a computer game, the contestants had to answer questions right otherwise the character wouldn't avoid the monsters. The character itself was a guy in a dreamworld, and it was meant to be designed on the guy asking the questions, but wearing his pyjamas. The contestants would enter different worlds through mirrors, and have enemies coming towards him, and each question that was answered correctly in time would have him avoid the threat and not lose a life.

I remember it was all side scrolling, and the last mirror was a fairground with a giant wasp, which would burst through the mirrors as a final battle when the character escaped.

How's that for obscure? I want to know what it was. I remember so much about it, yet not even 80s TV experts know it. Does it at least ring a bell with anyone?
Answer is Weird Dreams (it was modified for Motormouth the kids TV program)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weird_Dreams

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
ub3rchief said:
Hello, I'm new and i think this is a wonderful thread idea, i'm not sure if either of these games have been said already at some point but there are 161 pages... so im just going to possibly re-ask. There are two games i would like to know about

1) I only ever played a demo of this game. This game was definitely for the PS1, maybe others as well i don't know. It was kinda of like a mixture between birds eye view and third person, if you people know what the term "fourth wall" means, than that is what it was. It was purely a pvp game, and you were inside a box arena, like complete with a roof and walls, and there were some floating pads in the middle of the arena, you played as one of 4, or 6, or maybe 8 people (i dont remember how many, but you were all color coated, so one person would be blue, one would be red etc...) who are all really tiny, and you shoot eachother, the catch about this game is that the map would continually shift around, so all of a sudden the box your in does a 180 and you and the computer players would fall down to the floor, it was a gravity sensitive. Now im really sorry about this but, i might be wrong about that last part, when it shifts around you might stay where you are instead of actually being affected by gravity.

2) Im not sure what platform this is for, i think ps1, but i do know its old enough to be on that system. This is a 3rd person game. Now it started out by letting you choose what character you wanted to play as, there were three, you could be a warrior (or knight or whatever he would be called) and he had a sword and was some white guy, or you could be a mage (again might have been called something else) who had a staff and was a black guy, or you could pick the white female, i dont remember if she was a warrior or an archer though. (The only reason i specified color is to be specific, i dont really care im just trying to give information). Then it put you into the first level, where it was just a short cobble road surrounded by buildings, at the end of the road was an archway that would lead you to town square i believe, but just to the right of that was small little pathway that lead you into a small basement-like area, where there were a few enemies. The only i enemies i ever fought were this big brown demons, that were really fast, i think i might have fought 2-4 in the first place, the road. Two more in the basement, and about 3 in town square before i would die EVERYTIME... That is as much as i know of it because i remember when i played it, (even as a warrior) it was very hard, kicked my butt. never got past town square=i.e. second room of the game...

for about 9 years now, ive been wondering what these games are, i kept an eye out for them, but never looked, than i stumbled across this thread today and i thought... "Why not?" Thank you so much for your help guys, and if someone has happened to have asked about either of these two game, than i am sorry for re-posting them, but i would still appreciate an answer...
MK i found out that the first game is "Blast Chamber", still need the second one however...

Taito100

Jan 31, 2013
There is an old arcade 2d shoot em up game I remember playing in the mid 80s. You played as a spaceship or a robot, it is a forward scroller like commando. The first level was on a beach and you could go through portals to under ground levels.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
ub3rchief said:

Can you provide any more details like a graphics comparison? There are plenty of games from that time period that sound a lot like what you described, like Enclave (2003) for example.

And Severance Blade of Darkness (2001)

djkb420

Jan 31, 2013
Ok there's this game I'm desperately trying to remember the name. I remember just about everything about it, except the name so here it goes:

It's definitely a windows game (probably 98/not DOS)
It's a space deathmatch kind of game;
You just click with the mouse to move;
It's 2D and pretty simplistic;
There's a grid and you basically just fly around, there are planets with people and without people;
The ones without people you can gather resources from; the ones with people you can sell resources to and buy equipments;
The objective of the game is to get X amount of kills;
As a planet gets stronger it develops a shield around it making it harder to kill it.
Some of the weapons are lasers, but the weapons that I can best remember are the plague bomb, which shoots this little green swarm and when it hits the planet it slowly kills the population, the icon for it is redish and looks like one of those "biological danger" and then there's the nuclear bomb which is slightly like the plague bomb but is yellow and blue.
If I'm not crazy one of the ships you can use looks like a yellow angry smiley face.
I believe you can take people from the planets with people and take them to the planets without people.
As long as the planet is yours, it stays green (i think) and will shoot enemy ships, and if it's not yours it stays red (i think) and it will shoot you.

Im copying someone elses post, this is the game im looking for too. It was on a Microstar 300 greatest games for windows 95/98 disc. you could also upgrade your ship to go faster and carry more cargo.

fallenessence

Feb 1, 2013
Okay so in the late 90's early 2000's, I played a car game. It wasn't really racing based or anything( although i can't remember if it was possible or not mini game wise). It was like an open world RPG but you played as a car. Not a driver, the actual car. You could get money explore the world and completely customize your car if you had enough money. I remember there where cities, beaches, the pyramids, and other parts of the world you could drive to. You could explore underwater. The gars were small chibi sized cars. Like the ones being used in the Facebook game car town (I don't like the game or recommend it just saying the cars are similar in style). At the time i owned the game i believe i had a computer(which i believe was the system), and there is a chance the GameCube, and ps1 had come out. I don't remember exactly.
I would appreciate if anyone could help me find and rekindle my love for this long forgotten game. Thank you ahead of time.

Khesteg

Feb 1, 2013
There was a futuristic sport game for DOS. You had to run around with a ball in your hand on a round field, or something like that. There were 2 teams, and you could score points by throwing the ball into the holes on the wall. It was a bit violent, you could smash your opponents, if I remember right. I'm looking for it for it's intro music especially. I don't know if I remember right but I think it was the Toccata with Fugue from Bach.
Help please.

boyrobot22

Jan 12, 2013
Hi I'm trying to find this old game.
It's a text-based computer game where the main character wakes up in a cave, and when he leaves it, his village is completely destroyed and there are no survivors. The main character sets out to find out what happened to his village and tries to avenge his family.
This is all I can remember. Also, I think the game may have had 'Cave' in the title, but I'm not sure.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Datrandom

Feb 1, 2013
I remember playing a free online game where you can fuse together monsters to create a new type of monster. It's sort of like Pokemon but instead of just the monsters fighting you fight alongside the monster. It starts with a group of friends that decide to leave their town i think in order to join some kind of organization. When I was playing the game it was still incomplete and I just want to find it to see if it ever got complete cause I liked it. I think I played it in arcadeprehacks or a similar webpage. If anyone knows the name of this game pls respond.

Eric Garmon

Feb 1, 2013
There is a turret game that I have been trying to find for years. It came with a Compaq (I think it was) in the mid to late 90's. You would sit in a double barreled turret and shoot at ships coming down. I want to say it was called something along the lines of alien defender. This was a "real-time" 3D game and not one you watched from the sides. If anyone can help you would make me a happy man.

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Tylarion said:
This game I have trouble remembering was a point and click type of game. I remember it was a little spooky, there was an area with a road and trees next to it where you'd see the headless horseman. There was an area with gallows and I remember the goal being to get into a castle, where I think there was a vampire. I am not so sure about this one, but I think you had to collect gems at the castle to open some door. It was a long time ago(6+ years), for the PC and it might have been a kids game.
King's Quest 7 had a headless horseman, but no vampires that I can remember.

Sergio Bautista

Jan 19, 2013
ub3rchief said:
Sergio Bautista said:
Sergio Bautista said:
Sergio Bautista said:
hi there i need some help with a game i cant remember the name but it goes like this:

you are a demon(i think) with a pet demon and you go through the game upgrading your pet which yo can change if you find some special crystal or egg or something

the introduction of the game shows your character fighting with your brother and your ultimate pet fighting his pet inside a church i think.

I'm 99.9% sure that is "Castlevania: Curse Of Darkness" Literally everything you said about it describes that game, i dont know if it is for the ps2 as well, but i know its for the original xbox and is unfortunately not backwards compatible with the 360.

man you are totally freaking AWESOME thank you i was about to give up this is a great game thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR9DD6Rf9g

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
Sergio Bautista said:
ub3rchief said:
Sergio Bautista said:
Sergio Bautista said:
Sergio Bautista said:

man you are totally freaking AWESOME thank you i was about to give up this is a great game thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR9DD6Rf9g
no problem, i love that game, i am looking into buying an xbox (original), just for that one game...

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
FizzyIzze said:
ub3rchief said:

Can you provide any more details like a graphics comparison? There are plenty of games from that time period that sound a lot like what you described, like Enclave (2003) for example.

And Severance Blade of Darkness (2001)
unfortunatly no, i dont know anything else. Im not even sure if you can upgrade your character, it might not be an rpg it could just have you play as these set character with set strengths and set stats for all i know. But i do know for a fact that there are only three characters, and the mage's staff was just a wooden stick, it didnt have anything at the end of it or anything like that, it was just a wooden staff... both of those games you put on your reply have way too good of graphics too be my game though. These graphics are pretty old...

Ootm

Feb 1, 2013
I remember playing a game that I loved in school, about 15 years ago. I think it was called Cycles, but I can't remember. It was math related, and was multiplayer, to the computers surrounding. It was just a red line that moved at a certain pace. Then you'd have 4 math questions, one for each direction. You'd pick which way you wanted the line to go, and do that math problem. When you hit enter, if the math was right, the line would start going that way. The objective was obviously to box other people in, and not hit any of the lines.

In the same package of games was a game that had like a conveyer belt with pies going down it, and I think there were clowns and stuff. But I hated that one. Anyone know what I mean?