Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
ub3rchief said:
FizzyIzze said:
ub3rchief said:
2) Im not sure what platform this is for, i think ps1, but i do know its old enough to be on that system. This is a 3rd person game. Now it started out by letting you choose what character you wanted to play as, there were three, you could be a warrior (or knight or whatever he would be called) and he had a sword and was some white guy, or you could be a mage (again might have been called something else) who had a staff and was a black guy, or you could pick the white female, i dont remember if she was a warrior or an archer though. (The only reason i specified color is to be specific, i dont really care im just trying to give information). Then it put you into the first level, where it was just a short cobble road surrounded by buildings, at the end of the road was an archway that would lead you to town square i believe, but just to the right of that was small little pathway that lead you into a small basement-like area, where there were a few enemies. The only i enemies i ever fought were this big brown demons, that were really fast, i think i might have fought 2-4 in the first place, the road. Two more in the basement, and about 3 in town square before i would die EVERYTIME... That is as much as i know of it because i remember when i played it, (even as a warrior) it was very hard, kicked my butt. never got past town square=i.e. second room of the game...

for about 9 years now, ive been wondering what these games are, i kept an eye out for them, but never looked, than i stumbled across this thread today and i thought... "Why not?" Thank you so much for your help guys, and if someone has happened to have asked about either of these two game, than i am sorry for re-posting them, but i would still appreciate an answer...
Can you provide any more details like a graphics comparison? There are plenty of games from that time period that sound a lot like what you described, like Enclave (2003) for example.

And Severance Blade of Darkness (2001)
unfortunatly no, i dont know anything else. Im not even sure if you can upgrade your character, it might not be an rpg it could just have you play as these set character with set strengths and set stats for all i know. But i do know for a fact that there are only three characters, and the mage's staff was just a wooden stick, it didnt have anything at the end of it or anything like that, it was just a wooden staff... both of those games you put on your reply have way too good of graphics too be my game though. These graphics are pretty old...
I have found out what the second game is, it is: Nightmare Creatures, i watched a lets play of it and realized i remember it all wrong... but that is definitely it, it all came back to me as i watched it...

TheCactusThief

Dec 20, 2010
Okay guys, this one may be tough, but I'm sure you can do it! I don't remember much about this game, but it was a point and click game where you were stuck in a haunted house and had to find 3 keys to get out. I remember each thing you clicked on had funny little animations (like the vacuum coming alive or green light coming from under a door that turned into shapes). I know this game is from the 90's at least and I'm sure it was more on the childish side. Any suggestions or help would be great, been trying to remember this for years!

Reecie Foxx

Feb 1, 2013
Okay guys help me out here. I have no idea what year it was but most likely early 2000s. It was a PC game that had robots/machines and you started out with a base. I think you had to mine metal but I can't remember. You could upgrade your robot machines to make them more powerful and go off to fight your enemies. If I remember correctly the enemies showed up as red dots and they had different types of machines including aircraft and boats for the water levels. Each building created a different machine/robot and each machine/robot took a different amount of time to be built. If anyone ever played the game Age of Empires it was similar to that except with robots/machines. I'm trying to give as many details as I can remember because this is really bugging me

redscript

Feb 1, 2013
I was wondering if anyone could help me:

I remember playing a fighting game on the PC around 1995. It had monsters in it that would go to some kind of baby-form if you damaged them enough. There was also a part where you had to navigate the sewers to get to the other level, I think. The graphics were of Toonstruck quality, with fluid animations and goofy characters. It may have been a DOS game, I'm not sure. As far as I can tell it's really obscure.

Thanks in advance.

IsadoraD

Jan 30, 2013
Proverbial Jon said:
IsadoraD said:
I am looking for the name of a game I played on macromedia or shockwave in the 2000's. The main character was an Aussie man, I believe an adventurer (he may have had a dog as a sidekick, not sure.) His name was possibly "Guy" and he would often say Aussie terms like, "ripper!" and "bonza!" as you played the game.

Anyone have an idea what this game was called? And the name of the character if it's not the same as the game title? It is just a flash game and I don't think it ever went beyond that.

Thanks!! I will be shocked if any of you know this one!
Could that be Lenny Loosejocks goes Walkabout? I have fond memories of playing that game; it was so charming!

YES!!! That's him! Wow that's amazing you're fantastic, thank you so much!! This was driving me CRAZY!

Luca Dorigo

Feb 1, 2013
Hi, sorry to just pop into the conversation but I got two games I played in my childhood I'd really want to find back, and can't remember the names :)

The first one was about a boy whose dog was abducted by aliens, and he had to travel through space to take him back... It had very cartoon-like graphics and quite funny dialogs (at least, for a 8 y.o. boy :p). It ran on pc,and it must be about 10 years old.

The second one is a kind of tomb raider clone except it had swords instead of guns. It started with the character's village being burned down by someone and she had to have revenge. The first part is about quitting her village, then she reaches some snowy mountains and has to find a dragon to ride it (and I don't know the end as I was stuck in that part of the game :p). I know the dragon has a very important role and is probably part of the title but I can't remember it... It had quite good graphics for that time, and it is also probably 10years old :)

Thank you guys :D

(and I'm italian so pleas pardon the mistakes I probably made :p)

XraZer

Feb 1, 2013
Hi. I typed google "the old games that you didn't remember its name" and this site was the first. So I registered :p .

I cant remember a game I played in 1999 or 2000 . There was a house that many cats live, there was kitchen,garden.. there was a toy room and i clearly remember a boomerang there. You can touch the cats,Sometimes new cats born btw that was a 2d game .

The second one is an adventure-rpg game but for childs. I played it on psx. You are a police dog who rides a robot.You go everywhere with that robot.There was conversations that dont have sounds, just letters. Okay so I tried to remember more things here, but there is no file in my brain :p. Only think I remember it was an asian game, maybe Japan.

The third one is a game that I couldn't finish ever. A psx game with two Cd's. First, you start on a train, not in train. You walk and kill a man and enter in train. You kill someone, find some notes. Some doors are locked by password, you find them on notes. I remember a handsome blonde guy at somewhere and I couldnt open the 2nd locked door. Maybe because of my english bad, I was just nine.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Luca Dorigo said:
Hi, sorry to just pop into the conversation but I got two games I played in my childhood I'd really want to find back, and can't remember the names :)

The first one was about a boy whose dog was abducted by aliens, and he had to travel through space to take him back... It had very cartoon-like graphics and quite funny dialogs (at least, for a 8 y.o. boy :p). It ran on pc,and it must be about 10 years old.

The second one is a kind of tomb raider clone except it had swords instead of guns. It started with the character's village being burned down by someone and she had to have revenge. The first part is about quitting her village, then she reaches some snowy mountains and has to find a dragon to ride it (and I don't know the end as I was stuck in that part of the game :p). I know the dragon has a very important role and is probably part of the title but I can't remember it... It had quite good graphics for that time, and it is also probably 10years old :)

Thank you guys :D

(and I'm italian so pleas pardon the mistakes I probably made :p)
No idea about the first, but the second sounds very much like one of the Drakan games. Female lead that looks sort of Lara Croftish and rides a dragon.

alexvg

Feb 1, 2013
Hi to all, I'm new to this forum!
First i appologize becouse english isn't my first language, in case of any typing mistakes :)

I'm looking for one old game, I think that is over 20 years old, and we play it on game shops on self standing machines :)
It would be great if someone could help me to find it, but itis very hard I think.

So, the game and its language is in German. The concept is pretty much the same like diablo, but is 2D game, you can only go right and left, and climb/descent. The story is that dragon kidnap princess and you can choose one of 4 characters for playing to rescue her. One character is old wizzard/sorcerer with a woosen stick (on first level, after that he can buy fire from the stick and have all kinds of spels). Second character is ninja with arrows, 3rd is knight with sword, and 4rth is girl with a mace on a chain.
In every level you are getting money and there is a time clock how much time you have to finish one level. And on every level is a wooden house/shop where you can buy armors, weapons and time etc. for your character.
There is enemy on every level, I know that you are fighing on the beginning with a octopus, on one level enemy is on lianas.
There is a German dialog in some parts of the game which is telling you what you need to do etc..
At the end you are fighting on top of the tower against this dragon that took the princes.

Any chance to find this game? :)

Thank you very much!

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
alexvg said:
First i appologize becouse english isn't my first language, in case of any typing mistakes :)

I'm looking for one old game, I think that is over 20 years old, and we play it on game shops on self standing machines :)
It would be great if someone could help me to find it, but itis very hard I think.

So, the game and its language is in German. The concept is pretty much the same like diablo, but is 2D game, you can only go right and left, and climb/descent. The story is that dragon kidnap princess and you can choose one of 4 characters for playing to rescue her. One character is old wizzard/sorcerer with a woosen stick (on first level, after that he can buy fire from the stick and have all kinds of spels). Second character is ninja with arrows, 3rd is knight with sword, and 4rth is girl with a mace on a chain.
In every level you are getting money and there is a time clock how much time you have to finish one level. And on every level is a wooden house/shop where you can buy armors, weapons and time etc. for your character.
There is enemy on every level, I know that you are fighing on the beginning with a octopus, on one level enemy is on lianas.
There is a German dialog in some parts of the game which is telling you what you need to do etc..
At the end you are fighting on top of the tower against this dragon that took the princes.

Thank you very much!
Are you thinking of Cadash? I'm not sure what the name in German would be. I imagine it would also be named Cadash.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
XraZer said:
Hi. I typed google "the old games that you didn't remember its name" and this site was the first. So I registered :p .

I cant remember a game I played in 1999 or 2000 . There was a house that many cats live, there was kitchen,garden.. there was a toy room and i clearly remember a boomerang there. You can touch the cats,Sometimes new cats born btw that was a 2d game .
The second one is an adventure-rpg game but for childs. I played it on psx. You are a police dog who rides a robot.You go everywhere with that robot.There was conversations that dont have sounds, just letters. Okay so I tried to remember more things here, but there is no file in my brain :p. Only think I remember it was an asian game, maybe Japan.
I believe this one is Tail Concerto.
The third one is a game that I couldn't finish ever. A psx game with two Cd's. First, you start on a train, not in train. You walk and kill a man and enter in train. You kill someone, find some notes. Some doors are locked by password, you find them on notes. I remember a handsome blonde guy at somewhere and I couldnt open the 2nd locked door. Maybe because of my english bad, I was just nine.
Is this it? Chase the Express.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Luca Dorigo said:

Are you thinking of Heart of Darkness? Classic. I would love to own this one:

Hrethgir

Feb 2, 2013
This is a game I have been looking for for a very long time that I remember renting in my youth. Most of the games I have been looking for I have found on my own like Ravage D.C.X., Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Phelios, The Eidolon, Seven Cities of Gold, and many others (take years just to figure out the names of some of those games), but this is one that I just cannot find any clues to. It's hard to describe because I can't remember any details but it had one very distinct detail about it. I believe it was for either the genesis, snes, or nintendo but I have a strong feeling it was for the original nintendo but I could be wrong and it might've been snes or genesis. It was a 2d sidescrolling game and you of course ran around killing things, I THINK it had to do with pirates and some of the backgrounds were possibly on ships. The most distinctive feature I remember that always stuck with me was that you could play 2player split screen, I believe you played as a team and explored levels together looking for items. You would play split screen I think even if you were both at the same location, instead of seeing the other person you would just see their shoes/boots walking on the floor.

Anyway these are really the only details I can remember and I want to figure out what the heck it was and what system it was for, it was a long time ago definitely when I was a kid which was late 80's and early 90's. Thank you to whoever figures it out!

Frozenmuffin

Feb 2, 2013
I'm thinking of a game of which I don't know how old it is. I remember that it was part of a game disc with multiple games on it called 301 games or something. I think the game might have been named Kilroy. In the game there are flying eyeballs. When you die from the eyeballs it makes a DUN-DUN sound and your character turns into a skeleton.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Luca Dorigo

Feb 1, 2013
StriderShinryu said:
No idea about the first, but the second sounds very much like one of the Drakan games. Female lead that looks sort of Lara Croftish and rides a dragon.
That's just it, thank you so much :D

FizzyIzze said:
Are you thinking of Heart of Darkness? Classic. I would love to own this one:

Also correct, that game is awesome :D

I guess i just have to find a way to figure out to play old pc games on a mac... O:)

Thank you guys

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
XraZer said:
Sounds like Catz 5. Here's a video of it.

XraZer

Feb 1, 2013
FizzyIzze said:
XraZer said:

I believe this one is Tail Concerto.
Is this it? Chase the Express.
Thanks man. They're correct.
Tesral said:
XraZer said:
Sounds like Catz 5. Here's a video of it.
That's so look like it but this game's graphics too good. So I searched on the internet. There is no much information on the internet about this game series, but I believe it may be Catz 3 or sth.

kacper12724

Jan 27, 2013
Hey Guys. I dont know English Very well so please dont blame me.
Im searching for game from my childhood. I was playin' that maybe in ~2000 year on Windows 95 or 98 probably. It was an adventure/fighting game with view form sky on you (like 2d). Your first mission was in a village probably. You had to go through this village, destroy some barrels in houses. You were attacking by some dragonflies or something like that. At the end of the first map there was a giant octupus. I forgot what you had to do with that. I Remember that next map was probably a village to? I Dunno. There were some ghosts in houses and maybe some insects. You had a fireballs to fight probably and maybe some poisonus attacks. The main picture in this game was green probably. And at start You probably had to choose skills or character, I forgot. If you know the title of this game please help me. It's really my dream to find this epic for me game. Thanks :D

alexvg

Feb 1, 2013
FizzyIzze said:
alexvg said:

Thank you very much!
Are you thinking of Cadash? I'm not sure what the name in German would be. I imagine it would also be named Cadash.

YES IT IS !!!!! :))))))))))
Thank you veryyy much!! You are the best !
I though that was a german game becouse i played it in german language LOL

I'm going to find somewhere that game and play it for the old times !!

Cheers!!

denni199

Feb 2, 2013
WARNING: CONTAINS A LOT OF DETAILS ABOUT THE GAME

Hi Everyone.
A long time ago, when my cousin and I were playing Playstation 2 we used to play the sh*t of a game that i can't for the life of me remember now. I think it would be great to just play this game again with him.

First off me and my cousin played co-op and PvP only, never campaign.
I only ever recall playing one mission in the main story line.

So lets start at the beginning shall we?
The menu screen i remember being mossy green or blue.
I'm not sure, but i think there was an option for classes?
I definantly remember there being an option to choose sniper or someone else.
Actually now i recall there being like a class selection screen.
One of the weapons i remember having a noob tube we used to fight over.

So here are the missions/maps i remember:

This was an island of some sort. It was a co-op splitscreen mission, i think or was it singleplayer and we just passed the controller to each other, anyway, so the goal of this map was to rescue hostages, which were in a cave in a mountain or hill of some kind.

This was a narrow map.
Basically all it was, was a river going through it and you had to follow said river to a house. I do remember there being hills all around so you couldn't escape the map. There was a path to the right and one going up on a smaller hill to the right of the right path. At the end of the river, depending on which path you took, you had to cross it where it was shallow.

This was a large map with roads going everywhere and there being farm plots everywhere.
The goal here was to do something, I think blow up some crates at each specific location (A, B, C etc...)
One of those points was a factory and to the right of the factory there was a couple of houses.

I remember this being a massive jungle map and in the middle or a little to the left of the middle of the map there was a wooden hut, that you could enter. I think there was a waterfall somewhere and a bridge crossing a river.

So that was a lot of information and i am hoping someone knows this game.
If anymore detail is required, then i have a little bit more.

EDIT: I finally found it on my own! It was Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm