Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

LAGG

Jun 23, 2011
This was a PC or Master System game 17+ years ago.

It was a side scroller/platformer where you had some items at first (a whip, a bomb, a jumping pole) then you entered kind of a castle and there was a monkey that'd jump around and steal one of your items if he touched you, you always had to use the pole to jump around.

Then out of the castle you'd fight a lion, then get to a dungeon you turn into a frog for a while, then to a butterfly (and I guess I never got past that part).

Ruslan Olikhver

Apr 25, 2013
ryllis said:
Ruslan Olikhver said:
I'm looking for a game that is a girl on a broom flying killing monsters. The game is in 2D .
I do not know if it's the snes or ps1, because I played a version for ps1.The graphics are similar to snes.
Is it one of the games in the Cotton series? There have been a few of them for different consoles including SNES and PSX. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_(series)
That's the one! Thanks buddy, I'm Brazilian and I did not find this game in the forums in my area, I had to search the Americans forums. Sorry for my bad English =D .

Bigglez

Apr 25, 2013
Hi there guys, just wondering about this game i can't remember :(
SO basically it was a 2d anime game based around pictures where you were a guy and you wake up near a pool with two girls in a bikini i think. I believe you were also able to choose what you said when talking to people. and basically what happens is you find a girl dead. Then it turns into an aerial view of a field and you have to use the arrow keys to avoid a police person. Then i think it told me to buy the full game not sure can't remember this was around 2006-2010

Hannabal

Apr 25, 2013
Hi there, so basically I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of this game (three rhymes in one sentence, not bad) and it's driving me crazy so I'm asking for help. This particular game was either a window 95 or 98 CDROM release targeted at young girls (I was one at the time). If memory serves it was sort of an adventure/puzzle game and I remember having to find a lot of stuff (nothing like the recent slew of 'find the item' games). It was definitely set in a boarding school. When I was playing it I would have been 6-7 years old, 8-9 at a push so that might help with release date.

The scenes were 2D and you had to click arrows on corresponding parts of the screen (left, right, top middle, back middle) to go to other scenes. The protagonist is either one or two young girls (one definitely brunette)who attends this boarding school. Apart from her hair colour, her appearance is pretty nondescript. The environment had painted backdrops and had a very 'Enid Blyton' feel to it. There was the main hall/stairwell of the school (which was pretty much a big manor house), a classroom, a dining hall, a kitchen, the girls dorm, a sports field, a place for the teachers to live and I think, a pub (only 50% on that one). There was a male science (biology?) teacher in this game and a female cook. I can't even remember the ultimate goal, only that some shit goes down about a cake.

Anyway, I know there's not much to go on and it's a bit girly/silly but it made me happy as a child and I'd love to see it again. If you know, for the love of God please tell me.

jonikoka

Apr 24, 2013
Hello im trying to remeber this old rpg fanatsy game . iv played it on a demo cd in 98 or 99 not sure realy. the gameplay was similar to gothic , the game starts with your hero waking up on an island and near the beach you could see a boat wreck. The first enemies you had to kill were two human shaped creatures with boar heads ( like on duke nukem )and they had a crossbow for weapon. for restoring health you could eat an apple or drink potions basicly things you found during your quest (same as gothic )i cant remeber antyhing else , can any body hel me please ?

Nexus Lord

Apr 25, 2013
Hello all.

Im desperate to find out what this game is, that i played years ago.

It would have been on ps1.

An rpg game, seen from 2 or more viewpoints. you had a party of 3 from one viewpoint, then the next chapter of the game was a different party of 3 in another part of the world.

I remember the 2nd party were mercenaries or soldiers.

Part of the game had this thing where you learnt an ancient language, as you explored you discovered and eventually deciphered these ancient symbols.

My memory is so fuzzy of it, Im sorry.

I do believe there was some sort of war or civil war going on in the game world, but im not 100% on this.

vague i know, hopefully someone can help me.

kashaif

Apr 25, 2013
i was thinking about this game i used to play on my pc like over 13 years ago and i can't remember the name, it was a side scroller, it started of in a castle, the main character wore a white vest and jeans and he had a shotgun, there were prisoners in the castle chained up and you could kill them too, he had a very unique way of shooting the gun backwards, he would still face forwards and hold the gun behind him n shoot lol I would really appreciate it if anybody knows of this game. It's been a very long time and it's started to bug me quite a bit now i just wanna find out what it's called and complete it once and for all! thanks

John Markel

Apr 25, 2013
Hey gyus. i am looking for a game that i was playing 14-16 years ago (almast)
you are in 1600-1700 and the demo that i played was only in america (new world). you needed full game to go to europe
you were a trader, you would build farm for weat in a city and diferent things. you had ships to get your items in other citys and sell them to make profit. there were pirates but you could not control a pirate ship (you could make one thought).
also in your main city you could make public buildings (roads etc) and you could get elected for governor.
there were churce baths and diferent buildings that you couldn't get acces in demo so i am not sure what is in there.
Also you didn't move any character or ship (so no, it isn't age of sails or sid mair pirates but very close to both)

Plz help. i can't find it

Apr 25, 2013
need your help
trying to remember an awesome game:
-Pretty old, around 2000 I think it was
-you are playing with a ship
-going around on a *large* map filled with tiles that are 'in the fog of war'
-collect items/weapons
-fight monsters
-explore entire map

any knowledge here ?

JoaoJatoba

Deadman Walking
Dec 31, 2010
PS one fighting game with a robotic dude whose special move was to call out a satellite laser attack on the opponent...

donelopez

Apr 26, 2013
Guys this game title has been killing me !!! It was a game about a caveman the view was a top view like zelda minishcap i also remember he could trow bones to kill little dinosaurs. And the thing i remember for sure is that when it was game over he falls in a lonely place and starts to cry. this is one very old game. I think it was an apple game or macintosh bout im not sure about that cuz it could be a nintendo game i dont know i use to play it in a computer and my dad had a cd of emulator games if that could help. thanks a lot guys if you could find out that would be the best day of my life :D.

zballer32

Apr 26, 2013
I remember playing this game on my windows 95. I think the front cover had a guy with sunglasses. it starts off with him on a boat and then he docks his boat. it's point and click and there is even a part where he slips on oil or something and falls and another instance where he dips his hand in a liquid and melts his hand. Later in the game your also shooting down helicopters i think. and for some reason I remember the name Dos Santos. Very vague and its killing me not knowing the name.

kashaif

Apr 25, 2013
cloroxbb said:
kashaif said:
i was thinking about this game i used to play on my pc like over 13 years ago and i can't remember the name, it was a side scroller, it started of in a castle, the main character wore a white vest and jeans and he had a shotgun, there were prisoners in the castle chained up and you could kill them too, he had a very unique way of shooting the gun backwards, he would still face forwards and hold the gun behind him n shoot lol I would really appreciate it if anybody knows of this game. It's been a very long time and it's started to bug me quite a bit now i just wanna find out what it's called and complete it once and for all! thanks
Sounds like Blackthorne, also came out on SNES and some other systems.
woah!! OMFG that's the one!!!! thank you so much!!!! <3

cjw

Apr 26, 2013
Okay I've been trying to think of a game I played about 10 years ago, it was a bit old even then so I think it was made in the early 90's ish. It was a space based sort of adventure game. Not just one where there were waves of aliens. You chose which star system to go to off of a constellation map, you could earn money by doing deliveries between different satellites or planets I think. You could upgrade you ship from that and fight others. Also I think it was possible to hire another ship to fly with you, but that's really all I can remember at the moment. Does it ring a bell for anyone else?

jonikoka

Apr 24, 2013
hey guys . Im trying to remeber tihs game iv played in the late 90.I think it was relesead betwen 97-2000. Iv played it on a demo CD ( PC GAMER ) the style of the game was Adventure-fantasy RPG , similar to gothic. Iv remeber you started on an Island. I think first you went trough this cave near the beach, and a human shaped creatures with pig-boar head was your first enemyis wich you had to kill. they had crossbows for weapon, and you had a sword. for restorning your health you could find things like fruit ( apple) or potions (like gothic syle) and eat- drnik it. Iv remeber when you went trough the game at one point when you crossed a bridge if im not mistaken . this female fairy or how should i call it. singed something to you and disaperd . this is all i can remeber it was a long time since iv playit but id like the game so i said im gonna play it again , but i cant remeber the DAMN TITLE hehe :D can anybody help me based on the informations i gave it ??? i would apreciate :)

Dare Kurnik

Apr 22, 2013
anyflame said:
Dare Kurnik said:
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum but I've been looking for this game for a long time now.
It was a 3D Diablo style RPG from the laste 90's or early 00's. It was a demo on a disk of PC Gamer or SW Power. I think it was PC Gamer but can't be sure.
Anyway you started outside an inn and around it there were lots of big spiders. I remember buying some equipment in the inn and trying to kill the spiders. The loading screen was like brown or red with the logo being a horizontally placed sword.

That's all I've got. I hope someone can help me.

Dare
Could it be Baldur's Gate maybe?

No, sorry, I've played that later and that wasn't it. But I think in this game the graphics were one notch higher.

lilducc

Apr 19, 2013
I haven't found the name of this game so I am re-posting. I've determined that it's not Blaster Master or Chrono Trigger. Any help would be great, thanks.

I am trying to obtain the name of a vertical (top down) arcade shooter/shoot 'em up from around the early 90's. I don't remember a lot of the game details, but I distinctly remember one of the early boss battles. The boss battle begins by a frog or a toad hopping out of a temple or ruins. The frog/toad is then struck by lightning (I think) and transforms into a much larger frog/toad. If I remember correctly, I don't believe you are flying in a ship, but traveling on the ground. That's basically all I can remember about the game. Can anyone provide the name of the game to me? Much appreciated.

katland

Apr 26, 2013
Hi,
I'm trying to find a game I used to play with my cousin when we were younger. I remember it was multiplayer, the view was from above, I THINK, it was medieval-ish, you killed rats, maybe other things too that I don't remember, I think part of it was in a sewer if not in some under ground tunnel thing. I remember always buying new weapons and armor from some shop.. and that's about all I can remember. I think it was on xbox and the time frame would be in the early to mid 2000's. Thank you for any of your help!!

katland

Apr 26, 2013
Hi,
I'm trying to find a game I used to play with my cousin when we were younger. I remember it was multiplayer, the view was from above, I THINK, it was medieval-ish, you killed rats, maybe other things too that I don't remember, I think part of it was in a sewer if not in some under ground tunnel thing. I remember always buying new weapons and armor from some shop.. and that's about all I can remember. I think it was on xbox and the time frame would be in the early to mid 2000's. Thank you for any of your help!!