Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

OneMoreNameless

Dec 25, 2011
I'm looking for a PC game that was around in the early 00s, maybe released in the late 90s. The theme was that you were helping out a professor test some new equipment in his laboratory - though the gameplay was similar to golf in that your goal for each level was get a ball into a small doorway or marked hole in the ground. (Often, there were several holes with the trickier targets earning you bonus lives or taking you to an extra level or somesuch.) The levels were 3D with various paths and obstacles such as deadly pits, fans or magnets. Your ball could be of several different materials with different physics or effects eg. rubber, glass, steel. Moving the ball simply required selecting a direction and speed, then pressing a button; there wasn't a club or anything like that. If you lost the ball, a new one would be dispensed at the starting location. Your remaining balls were always visible to the side of the screen and popped out into the level kind of like a pinball machine. There was also an easter egg / joke about not pressing a certain key on the keyboard (K? M? L? I forget which). Pressing the key repeatedly while ignoring the ominous warnings from the professor would dump you in bonus trap-filled level without any clear exit.

EDIT: Never mind, I stumbled across it while searching for something different. The game is The Wild Science Arcade, developed by Binary Zoo in 1993.

darak said:
3. Another puzzle game, mid to late 90's. I really wanna say the mechanics were similar to crazy machines. You were attempting to catch mice (i think), by setting up "pieces" in a specific way. I do remember it had A LOT of levels, most of which couldn't be unlocked without a certain amount of progression. i remember one song in it, but hell, figuring out that song is harder than guessing this game :/
One of The Incredible Machine series?

nejcmusic

Dec 1, 2009
3rd person survival horror PC game
world war 1 theme
In the game you would walk around the battlefield (trough trenches, bunkers) and kill enemies (the ones i most remember are the dobermans with glowing red eyes that would come running up to you and also big soldiers in iron armor like Ned Kelly)
the graphics look like a darker version of Sniper Elite

Steven Harris

Aug 13, 2013
Steven Harris said:
hi theirs a game i want from the old zx spectrum days and cant remember what its called i remember the main character was just a head and u traveled around cafes and train stations at the cafe u had to avoid knives and at the train station u had to avoid ticket conductors ant help would be greatly appreciated

its ok got it now it was a day in the life of a

Laris

Aug 15, 2013
Hi, I am looking a name of one old game for playstation 1.I can just try here if you don't know ok than...So, all I know about this game is: The picture of game (on CD) is something like Counter Terrorrist in Counter Strike and I remember I think it is first mision of the game, me and my people are entering through roof in house.It is game with shooting and so...I don't know anything other but I look for this game for years and never find it by the way I give someone my CD and never find it...

valuscaisac

Aug 2, 2013
Martin_0 said:
valuscaisac said:
Guys please help me to bring back one of my childhood games...I'm so embarrassed that I can't remember the name!
valuscaisac said:
Hello there guys!
I kindly ask you to help me find a game that I've played long long time ago and I can't remember the name.
It was back in the `90s and it was a pc game.
The game had 2 robots. One was a blue male robot with tank wheels and the 2nd one was a red female layout with some short of wings.
So you were able to select one of them and start the map and fighting and smashing other robots in your way.
I remember that it was kind of a short game.
Really appreciate you help guys! Thanks!
Rise of the Robots
Thanks for the suggestion Martin! I just saw the print and is that the one I'm looking for. :(

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Laris said:
Hi, I am looking a name of one old game for playstation 1.I can just try here if you don't know ok than...So, all I know about this game is: The picture of game (on CD) is something like Counter Terrorrist in Counter Strike and I remember I think it is first mision of the game, me and my people are entering through roof in house.It is game with shooting and so...I don't know anything other but I look for this game for years and never find it by the way I give someone my CD and never find it...
Rainbow Six ( http://ternox.com/_ld/52/5263.jpg )

MicRemembersBadly

Aug 14, 2013
darak said:
Hello, have 3 games to ask about here...

1. An old arcade game, from mid 80's to early 90's (if i had to guess, i'd say the range of '88-'91). It was a top over shooter, 1 or 2 player, the one things i explicitly remember about it is: the first boss was a tank type vehicle, had a goblin type face, It reminded me very much of the clown truck from Maximum Override. If it helps, I played this at a local pizzahut (i'm located in iowa if that's needed at all).
The first is likely Total Carnage, from 1992 if so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e7lJ_b0VBY

Kasigami Shia-kane

Aug 15, 2013
It's been bugging me.
I remember playing this one game on the Xbox I think.
It was where you could have a customized cat, and you adventured around like a spy and killed pigs. I think it was multiplayer too, but I'm not 100% sure..... that's about as much as I remember, but I'd really like to know what it's called so that I can play it again sometime.

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
Kasigami Shia-kane said:
It's been bugging me.
I remember playing this one game on the Xbox I think.
It was where you could have a customized cat, and you adventured around like a spy and killed pigs. I think it was multiplayer too, but I'm not 100% sure..... that's about as much as I remember, but I'd really like to know what it's called so that I can play it again sometime.
Blinx: The Time Sweeper or more likely Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space.

darak

Aug 15, 2013
MicRemembersBadly said:
darak said:
Hello, have 3 games to ask about here...

1. An old arcade game, from mid 80's to early 90's (if i had to guess, i'd say the range of '88-'91). It was a top over shooter, 1 or 2 player, the one things i explicitly remember about it is: the first boss was a tank type vehicle, had a goblin type face, It reminded me very much of the clown truck from Maximum Override. If it helps, I played this at a local pizzahut (i'm located in iowa if that's needed at all).
The first is likely Total Carnage, from 1992 if so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e7lJ_b0VBY
That totally looks like it's it, thank you soooo much, we loved it at the arcade as kids! If this isn't it, then i'll never find it, so I'll take it :D

OneMoreNameless said:
darak said:
3. Another puzzle game, mid to late 90's. I really wanna say the mechanics were similar to crazy machines. You were attempting to catch mice (i think), by setting up "pieces" in a specific way. I do remember it had A LOT of levels, most of which couldn't be unlocked without a certain amount of progression. i remember one song in it, but hell, figuring out that song is harder than guessing this game :/
One of The Incredible Machine series?
Ty for the suggestion, I checked them out a couple years ago, but none of them seemed quite right. One key to deciphering the game I'm looking for is that I'm 85% sure you were trying to capture something each level. It was either: trying to capture mice, capture a cat to free the mice, or lead the mice to cheese. Maybe I'm just remembering one level in particular, but the mice/cheese/cat theme was very strong in my mind. There was an older game called Rodents Revenge that's been suggested to me before, but that is not it. It definitely had a more Incredible machine-type feel to it.

beefmeow

Aug 15, 2013
I had a demo of it on windows 98
It was a game where you had a base that produced bugs
each type of base produced a different bug (ants,spiders,ladybug,beetles)
the bases had specialized troops like some ants were fast and others were strong
the goal was to take over all the other bases controlled by AI
it wasnt a cartoonish game
there were a few levels in the demo version
It was an top to bottom perspective and you controlled armies of bugs
I believe it was real-time not turn based
you could highlight a group of soldiers and tell and click on other bases and they would go attack it
the bugs were weapons unlike regular bugs as well
like the beetles had cannons on there backs
and I think there was a sniper spider
maybe a machine gun ladybug it was that type of thing
I've been searching for it for quite some time now

Laris

Aug 15, 2013
Doomgriever I don't know how to thank you.Bro I really couldn't find this game and now I am playing on PC thanks a lot you are the best!!!

Gerdhalbard

Aug 15, 2013
Willyna said:
Jenni Moran said:
It was an old game on PC computer class In the 80's you got
Shipwrecked in a storm and had to survive on the island build hut collect food
And do other stuff to make it till you got rescued! Want to play it again if anyone can help me find it again!
It's not that robinson crusoe wannabe game is it?
Cartoon-ish very very round character, intro starts with him on a yatch. A storm hits and you wake up on a beach where you among else collects a plank, stone and crab to take with you.
After completing the objectives on the island you fly off in a hot air ballon...
YES!!!! I have been looking for this a long time, does anyone know the name of this game??

jowy6868

Aug 15, 2013
2 NES games come to mind that I can't remember the name.

1st game was an airplane game where you had a blue and red airplane with a hook under it and you had to kill the planes coming to you and the canons on the ground (side scroller) and when you got hit by a a canon you would crach in a board and stuff like that (kid graphics) and you would get a medal after the run.

2nd game is hard to describe, you were a knight/soldier moving in a side scrolling way, you had to gather gear like lava boots to walk on lava etc, and pick up diamonds from different colors to unlock the next level.

Had a 3rd in mind, but found it before posting. Crystal palace on NES (where yo push floor tiles like waves of water to destroy enemies by pushing them on walls.

Laris

Aug 15, 2013
I need one more help about playstation 1 game.I don't have too much information but I just remember on CD picture was a man with red eye.Everyone who read this if play this game before please write me a name.

Jason DiLeone

Aug 15, 2013
OK this game has been haunting me for over 25 years. I think it was for commadore or maybe a little newer. Nothing as new as DOS I dont think. I have searched all the C64 screen shots and can't find it I been searching for this game for years so any info would be great. OK in this game you drove around in some kind of rover it was 1st person view and I seem to remember it looking like a desert. You search for crashed space ships although some times I think they could be active and attack. The ships looked like catpilers with a gun on top. You collect alien artifacts and stuff from the ships and bring them back to your ship. I remember when you bring them back they get loaded on some kind of conyeyvor belt with a robot that looks like johnny 5 that prices them out or something. Ring a bell at all?

sjips

Aug 16, 2013
I am having the hardest time trying to remember a title for the N64. Here's a rough description:
Basically you can pick like 10+ different characters and you could pick their colors, and you walk around a castle to pick you level you wanted to do. There were some levels that were locked that you could unlock by beating the regular levels. Each character had like a counterpart you could fight with if you had a second player. The actual game play like 2D/Top-down, looks very similar to Diablo 2. It was like goblin fighting, and there were cheat codes that made you invincible and silver. Really sketchy description I know, but I reeeeeeeeally want to remember that title. If you could help, that'd be great!

zsill7

Aug 13, 2013
sjips said:
I am having the hardest time trying to remember a title for the N64. Here's a rough description:
Basically you can pick like 10+ different characters and you could pick their colors, and you walk around a castle to pick you level you wanted to do. There were some levels that were locked that you could unlock by beating the regular levels. Each character had like a counterpart you could fight with if you had a second player. The actual game play like 2D/Top-down, looks very similar to Diablo 2. It was like goblin fighting, and there were cheat codes that made you invincible and silver. Really sketchy description I know, but I reeeeeeeeally want to remember that title. If you could help, that'd be great!
Could you be referring to Gauntlet? I remember there being several games in the series one of them I played on gamecube