Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Joe Nelson said:
Ok so this is quite vague,

I must've been about 9, so im thinking around 1997/8, it was on the PC and it was a bit like a farm, where you had cows and other animals, but then it turned to night time and wolves and bird things came and ate and killed your animals, and you had to build defenses to stop them getting your farm, and you could go exploring to find things too.

I'll be very shocked if anyone knows what this was, lol.
Quite a shot in the dark but "Beasts and Bumpkins"? It's basically you, your townfolk and their animals against Zombies, wolfs, giant bees, enemy people, the Plague and anything else the game decides to throw at you.

gypsgirl

Apr 28, 2014
Okay so Im trying to remember a game I used to play I think I played it somewhere between 2009-2011. It was an online game, pretty sure I played it on a PC and I didn't have to pay for it I downloaded it some free site or something.
Anyways you controlled a girl i believe (I wanna say her name was like Mel or Meg or something but not entirely sure) anyways I think she may have been brunette.
It was like an adventure, storyline based fantasy game. Depending on what was happening in the story sometimes it would switch to other people in the game and let you see what they were up to. I believed the main character had to travel a lot to get to new places.
The graphics were very much like a pokemon game. Top down kinda view.
I feel like either the word Avalon or the word Angel was on the title but I can't for the life of me remember. I know there were like 3-4 parts to the game (sequels or whatever)
Anyways if anyone has any guesses as to what this game might be please let me know!

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
Hi I'm going crazy looking for this game I remember very strongly yet can't find any evidence that it exists. I think it came out in the early 2000s but I'm not entirely sure, I think you could play it over IP so it might be older than 2000. It was a freeware game (I think) which makes it hard to find.

It's this 2d side scrolling beat em up game for the PC that borrows a lot from double dragon (similar looking sprite graphics, multiplayer support, floor covered with usable knives an bottles etc) what made it unique was the wide array of playable characters. Not just one character that kicks and one who punches (it had that too) but also a guy with sword and armor, an archer and several mages. Probably one of the most memorable parts was that if one character played the ice mage and another played the fire mage they could be combined (I think you just ran into each other at full speed) into an overpowered double mage. You could also cheat to play as any of the enemies, or the last boss for that matter which made the whole thing a joke (it was quite hard if you didn't cheat tho).

I hope I've given enough to go on for someone to recognize what I'm talking about despite the fact that it was a freeware game. Freeware or not I remember it being popular so I don't get why it's so hard to find. Anyway thanks for the help.

mermaideve

Apr 29, 2014
Okay, I literally just got an account to ask about two games I can't find names for.

The first one was a game for the Gamecube (I'm pretty sure). It may have been 3D. It was about this Mad Scientist with crazy white hair who lived in space or something and you had to complete tasks (or things like that) before his house/lab blew up. That's all I remember. My brother said he turns into animals at some points, but I don't really remember that.

The second game was for the PC, and was 2D. It was about this girl with brown hair who like went into this imaginary world of hers where her bully also turned into snake. There were like four different worlds. I think all of the worlds were like pizza world or dessert world, things like that. The monsters she had to defeat were food, like some were pieces of cheese (I don't really know for sure). At one point in the game, there's a series of slides at a playground and you have to pick the right one for a puzzle.

That's all I really know and I would LOVE to find out those names!

Joe Nelson

Apr 28, 2014
raeior said:
Joe Nelson said:

I must've been about 9, so im thinking around 1997/8, it was on the PC and it was a bit like a farm, where you had cows and other animals, but then it turned to night time and wolves and bird things came and ate and killed your animals, and you had to build defenses to stop them getting your farm, and you could go exploring to find things too.

I'll be very shocked if anyone knows what this was, lol.
Quite a shot in the dark but "Beasts and Bumpkins"? It's basically you, your townfolk and their animals against Zombies, wolfs, giant bees, enemy people, the Plague and anything else the game decides to throw at you.
raeior" post="9.166417.20945454 said:
Joe Nelson" post="9.166417.20945303 said:

holy crap you got it in one! i can't believe it! thank you dude, been on my mind for ages. Now to find a download!

valvyn

Apr 29, 2014
Thank god I found this thread,
hopefully one of you fine people is able to help me satisfy my need for nostalgia.

It was a car racing game on the PC. You were able to choose from 4 different cars. One was yellow and shaped like a rocket. And 1 was red, the third was green, and the last was blue i think.
It had 3d graphics and you were able to shoot laseres by pressing the shift key.
Also there was pickups on the track with items.
I think the name of the game was Death Carz but i can't find anything with google under that name.

Pls help me guys I am really desperate :/

P.S. Sorry for my english its only my second language

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
mermaideve said:
Okay, I literally just got an account to ask about two games I can't find names for.

The first one was a game for the Gamecube (I'm pretty sure). It may have been 3D. It was about this Mad Scientist with crazy white hair who lived in space or something and you had to complete tasks (or things like that) before his house/lab blew up. That's all I remember. My brother said he turns into animals at some points, but I don't really remember that.

Dr. Muto [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Muto]?

mpalmeida

Apr 29, 2014
Just made this account 'cause I'm going crazy trying to find out the name of this game. Please, help me! :(
It's a platform game, almost sure it's 2D. The character (can't remember if it's a person, animal, alien or whatever) had to walk through the scenario collecting these little monsters, aliens, creatures or whatever they were. Then, as long as you were collecting them, they walk behind you in line, until you take them to this determined space, and let them there and go for the others. The stage ended when you collected all the creatures of it. This makes any sense? Hahaha.
Come on, someone's gotta played this!! :(

Oh, and sorry for the terrible english, I'm brazilian.

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
mpalmeida said:
Just made this account 'cause I'm going crazy trying to find out the name of this game. Please, help me! :(
It's a platform game, almost sure it's 2D. The character (can't remember if it's a person, animal, alien or whatever) had to walk through the scenario collecting these little monsters, aliens, creatures or whatever they were. Then, as long as you were collecting them, they walk behind you in line, until you take them to this determined space, and let them there and go for the others. The stage ended when you collected all the creatures of it. This makes any sense? Hahaha.
Come on, someone's gotta played this!! :(

Oh, and sorry for the terrible english, I'm brazilian.
Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey?

AARONTHEAWESOME

Apr 30, 2014
I don't know if this has been asked yet because I don't want to search 390 pages anyway the game I'm looking for was like a windows 95 game and you played a little guy that would jump up the platforms and some would break and others had like ice so you would slide off it was kind of like doodle jump. And the guy was dressed with like baggy pants, a beanie low over his eyes and I think he had multiple chains the controls were spacebar and left and right arrow keys.

Thanks

mermaideve

Apr 29, 2014
lawrencein said:
mermaideve said:

Dr. Muto [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Muto]?
OH MY GOSH. That's it! THANK YOU!!!

Now I just want to know what the second game is. .-.

Iprovidethepaint

Apr 30, 2014
AARONTHEAWESOME said:
I don't know if this has been asked yet because I don't want to search 390 pages anyway the game I'm looking for was like a windows 95 game and you played a little guy that would jump up the platforms and some would break and others had like ice so you would slide off it was kind of like doodle jump. And the guy was dressed with like baggy pants, a beanie low over his eyes and I think he had multiple chains the controls were spacebar and left and right arrow keys.

Thanks
I remember playing that one. I believe it was called Icy Tower.

Milamber55555

Apr 30, 2014
Like many others on here, I'm sure, I created an account just for this. I'm looking for a game that my brother and I played on a windows 95/98/2000 and I've been looking for it for over seven years. I remember the two main characters were rabbit looking creatures (one pink and one blue, I think) and it had clubhouse or treehouse in the title. I remember it was highly cartoonized and they sang a little song in the intro about going to this hidden clubhouse, and specifically the line "Don't step on that!" *splat* as something in the mud squished. I think the song may have even been directions on how to get there, but at this point my details are getting pretty fuzzy. Any help whatsoever is highly appreciated, and if anyone needs more details I can try my best to provide them. I'm desperate to remember this game, and I fully intend to buy and play this game once I've found it :) Many thanks in advance!

behi

Apr 30, 2014
Dracunos said:
I have been looking for this fragmented, vague, young memory of this game forever. At first I thought it was spy vs spy, for some reason that popped into my head, but it wasn't that game, wasn't multiplayer, I don't think, but maybe same Era?

Basically I remember it being a side scroller, might have been multiple gameplay styles but I only remember the first part I could never beat at my age, I was some kind of thief or spy, running from the cops, and you basically moved from left to right avoiding letting the police spotlight touch you, or you lose. But it wasn't platformer style so much, you would time your movements, then run behind something before the spotlight came back, or you could hide in a dumpster, or hide behind a door or something, then when the time was right pop out and run to the next hiding place. Someone's got to know this one! May have been snes or so.
Sounds hell of a lot like Alcatraz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cEbsEioyIU

RandomusFafus

Apr 30, 2014
Hello, I guess i need some help too :)So I remember playing this game about 10-12 years ago. It was 2d-like space shooter. What I remember is that your spaceship was green and sort of V-shaped just like flying V guitars. You could fly all over screen, the background was static for each level. The goal of the game was destroing asteroids and from time to time spaceships that were going through the screen and trying to hit you. The most importantly you could collect powerups that enchanced/decreased your weaponery and you could shoot more and more missles at once. The graphics of the game were pretty decent. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any similar screenshots on google :/
Any help much appreciated :)

AARONTHEAWESOME

Apr 30, 2014
Iprovidethepaint said:
AARONTHEAWESOME said:

Thanks
I remember playing that one. I believe it was called Icy Tower.

that is the game!! wow thanks so much :)

behi

Apr 30, 2014
salx97 said:
Hey! I am going crazy trying to remember this game I played 8-9 years ago.

It was an online PC P2P game. It was pretty brightly colored and cartoony. The game was to have your avatar, this little tank, battle other little tanks. You both start on either ends of a long field and you took turns shooting at each other. It was pretty comparable to angry birds, since you had to be good a figuring out angles, wind speeds, and launch force to hit your target. You could also hit the ground around your enemy and have them fall through the hole in the ground and lose.

After you win, you get coins or something to buy props or whatever for your cartoony tank-thing.

The game is 2 words. Thanks for your help!
This was probably some remake of an old game called Scorched Earth. However you'll need to look for the remake yourself. :)

Kumathewild

Apr 30, 2014
Guys Help me out.PSX on a demo cd.There was a point and click game adventure that you started outside of a building like a lighthouse and inside was a old man at a desk that told you something, then at the basement was a dockyard with a strange boat-hovercraft that you had to figure out how to fix or something.You could also go up to the big light of the lighthouse.Also the iron fench gate did a very distinct sound.This is all i can remember.If you remember the name i would be grateful.!

shawakid

Apr 30, 2014
ok so im hoping to god someone actually remembers this game, the setting is in japan i think (not really sure) but your a high school(deliquent) an one day you plan to leave school to go to your town festival, some students try to prevent you from escaping but you escape anyway with a couple of your friends that you dragged with you who tried to convince you not to leave, you also have a pet dog(puppy). after a earthquake you rush back to school, an go into a door marked dont go inside an as you travel the path inside the tunnel you arrive to a door up the stairs an theres a guardian who protects it, you defeat the creature an venture inside an fight a boss, but before you fight the boss your left arm starts reacting an grants you immense power, turns out your left arm is from a creature(not sure if it was a demon or not). im hoping someone knows what im talking about, ive been looking for this game for 2 years now.please help if you know what im talking about thank you.

shawakid

Apr 30, 2014
ok so im hoping to god someone actually remembers this game, the setting is in japan i think (not really sure) but your a high school(deliquent) an one day you plan to leave school to go to your town festival, some students try to prevent you from escaping but you escape anyway with a couple of your friends that you dragged with you who tried to convince you not to leave, you also have a pet dog(puppy). after a earthquake you rush back to school, an go into a door marked dont go inside an as you travel the path inside the tunnel you arrive to a door up the stairs an theres a guardian who protects it, you defeat the creature an venture inside an fight a boss, but before you fight the boss your left arm starts reacting an grants you immense power, turns out your left arm is from a creature(not sure if it was a demon or not). im hoping someone knows what im talking about, ive been looking for this game for 2 years now.please help if you know what im talking about thank you.