Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Karim Kulbekov said:
Doomgriever said:
Karim Kulbekov said:
cloroxbb said:
Karim Kulbekov said:
One more question. There was a game (2-D). In the late 1990's, it was a PC game, and the main character only attacked with Yo-Yo's. Can you point out to me that game? I think I've seen that character in Nintendo..
Well, if Nintendo, then it wasn't on PC.

Yo-Yo used in Star Tropics for the NES. Definitely not late 90s, probably late 80s to early 90s...
The game was released for PC in 1996. It was later released for the Wii several years ago. I played the PC version in the 1990s.
Spinmaster? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/spinmaster/3030-10031/images/ )
Sorry, I was talking about Pajama Sam. It was released for PC in 1996, but released for the WII later in 2012. But that game, about the Yo-Yo is not Spinmaster! :(
All I can remember from that game is it is 2D, and the character is this little kid, and all he attacked with was a Yo-Yo!
Well there are Yoyos in Earthbound.. but there is no PC release for that. ( http://www.giantbomb.com/earthbound/3030-8307/images/ )

Also the character is in Smash Bros ( http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ness-unlocked.jpg )

Peter Andruska

May 7, 2014
I'm trying to recall a C64 of early 386PC game that was similar to spy hunter. It was a top down v-scrolling game where you started as a bike, shooting enemies driving along, bouncing off other bikes. Then at a certain point I think a truck would come along and you would drive in and then come out a car. The car was stronger, you could push other bikes around. Then at some point the road would end and the car would transform into a jet. You would fly along killing enemies over the ocean. then at some point the scrolling would stop and I think there would be some kind of boss, like multiple u-boats, or a destroyer that you would have to kill. Once destroyed, a new level would start and you would be back to being a bike. I think each level was similar, with the biggest difficulty being on the end of level bosses. I've been searching C64 forums and can't find anything. Please help.

BryanMo

May 3, 2014
Doomgriever said:
BryanMo said:
I remember playing a game that you have to defend ur barrack by placing cannons turrets laser towers etc and then youcan upgrade those things to become stronger. The battlegrounds can be a desert or jungles etc. The enemies were approaching using cars, helicopters etc. The longer we survive the harder the enemies. I used to play it on the first Ipad. The graphics are good, it's not cartoon-ish. I hope the name of the game may appear in anyone's mind. I miss this game :D
Google "Tower Defence games iPad".
I tried to search it but nahh, none of the pictures are similar to the one that i described.

Amanda Nanor

May 7, 2014
Im looking for an old PC game, the only thing I remember was that you traveled down a river (I think it was the amazon river) in a weird looking boat. Its not a game for children, and I can't seem to remember what its called even if i played it alot as a child! Anyone that knows which game Im talking about?

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Amanda Nanor said:
Im looking for an old PC game, the only thing I remember was that you traveled down a river (I think it was the amazon river) in a weird looking boat. Its not a game for children, and I can't seem to remember what its called even if i played it alot as a child! Anyone that knows which game Im talking about?
Around what year?
Was there any gameplay?
2D / 3D?

Here's a short list of games with the location Amazon ( http://www.giantbomb.com/amazon/3035-2844/games/ )

vexxice

May 5, 2014
Karim Kulbekov said:
Doomgriever said:
Karim Kulbekov said:
Doomgriever said:
Karim Kulbekov said:
cloroxbb said:
Karim Kulbekov said:
One more question. There was a game (2-D). In the late 1990's, it was a PC game, and the main character only attacked with Yo-Yo's. Can you point out to me that game? I think I've seen that character in Nintendo..
Well, if Nintendo, then it wasn't on PC.

Yo-Yo used in Star Tropics for the NES. Definitely not late 90s, probably late 80s to early 90s...
The game was released for PC in 1996. It was later released for the Wii several years ago. I played the PC version in the 1990s.
Spinmaster? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/spinmaster/3030-10031/images/ )
Sorry, I was talking about Pajama Sam. It was released for PC in 1996, but released for the WII later in 2012. But that game, about the Yo-Yo is not Spinmaster! :(
All I can remember from that game is it is 2D, and the character is this little kid, and all he attacked with was a Yo-Yo!
Well there are Yoyos in Earthbound.. but there is no PC release for that. ( http://www.giantbomb.com/earthbound/3030-8307/images/ )

Also the character is in Smash Bros ( http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ness-unlocked.jpg )
Yes. I believe that may be the character. The character in that game was a kid. But I'm certain I played the game on the PC. That was the only console of entertainment I had in the late 90's.
It isn't being rereleased but this a game on the PC from the 90's starring a kid who uses a yoyo, it's called Nightmare Ned.
here is a couple pictures
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/557499-nightmare-ned-windows-screenshot-ned-faces-a-creepy-skeletal.png
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/51/21/58f2225b9da08f4cefc4e010.L._SX300_.jpg
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/8e/db/80b8c0a398a09f1bf827c110.L.jpg

Washyleopard

May 7, 2014
Ok, I don't remember much of this game but I used to play it around '95-'00 (I think...). It was a 2d scroller and i remember playing as a character that reminds me of robocop and you started out with a very basic weapon that shot (red?) projectiles and you could find upgrades to your weapon. i think one of the upgrades was a blue shockwave looking thing. The levels were all silver toned and you could hit these red mounds that had a letter (R?) on them and when you did a voice would call out "Aieee!!" (echo twice) "Over Here!!" (echo twice). The voice is the only thing that I am absolutely sure of.

It may have come in a pack with some other games as I remember having something like that. It may have come with God of Thunder (1993) and I remember some other game that was a lot like Doom with more open areas. How long until I can just upload the images from my brain to show you guys what I am talking about haha.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Amanda Nanor

May 7, 2014
Doomgriever said:
Amanda Nanor said:
Around what year?
Was there any gameplay?
2D / 3D?

Here's a short list of games with the location Amazon ( http://www.giantbomb.com/amazon/3035-2844/games/ )
I think its from the 90's, maybe early 2000, but im not sure. And it wasnt among the list you send. I have some memory of a professor, or an inventor and that the cover looked like a photograph

djaytjehjwz

May 8, 2014
I've been searching for this game for awhile now. I hope someone knows what game it is.

You start off at an island. It's night and you have to save a scientist or something. Either way, at the end of that mission you leave the island in a submarine, and while you're doing that you hear a cool alarm. It's really loud, you hear it everywhere, it's like a nuke alarm but different. Just a simple tune with really loud bass that goes like ''duuuuuuuuum... duuuuuum'' y'know? I think it was from a first-person perspective, might've been a shooter.

When you left the island in the submarine (or boat, not sure) the island gets bombed or something. Pretty sure a nuke or something got launched, which caused the alarm (the alarm was not to warn the people, I think that a machine or something makes that sound and that machine was a weapon. The weapon destroyed the whole island.

It's a tropical island too. Hope you can help me out!
(It's not old but not new. Just normal, good graphics. Not Battlefield 4 graphics but rather like Call of Duty 4.)

Joel Karjalainen

May 8, 2014
I'm also missing game's name.

It is probably 90s PC game. It's local co-op, player vs player battle game.
Game is from side-view, platformer like, set in prison, and players were prisoners in orange suits.
You can collect weapons around the level, like iron pipes and shotguns. There are also some spikes.

ArtixViper

May 3, 2014
djaytjehjwz said:
I've been searching for this game for awhile now. I hope someone knows what game it is.

You start off at an island. It's night and you have to save a scientist or something. Either way, at the end of that mission you leave the island in a submarine, and while you're doing that you hear a cool alarm. It's really loud, you hear it everywhere, it's like a nuke alarm but different. Just a simple tune with really loud bass that goes like ''duuuuuuuuum... duuuuuum'' y'know? I think it was from a first-person perspective, might've been a shooter.

When you left the island in the submarine (or boat, not sure) the island gets bombed or something. Pretty sure a nuke or something got launched, which caused the alarm (the alarm was not to warn the people, I think that a machine or something makes that sound and that machine was a weapon. The weapon destroyed the whole island.

(It's not old but not new. Just normal, good graphics. Not Battlefield 4 graphics but rather like Call of Duty 4.)

The only game I can think of at this moment thats close to what you're explaining is battlefield bad company 2

The first mission in the game is called "Operation: Aurora" and involves you and a group of soldiers during WW2 infiltrating an island by boat thats controlled by the japanese and you have to find a scientist that created a superweapon for the japanese that would end the war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmmgI6h-0l0 Here's a youtube link for the game so you can see if its what you're thinking it is.

If not, ill leave it to someone else to find cause my brains scrambled right now.

djaytjehjwz

May 8, 2014
ArtixViper said:
djaytjehjwz said:

The only game I can think of at this moment thats close to what you're explaining is battlefield bad company 2

The first mission in the game is called "Operation: Aurora" and involves you and a group of soldiers during WW2 infiltrating an island by boat thats controlled by the japanese and you have to find a scientist that created a superweapon for the japanese that would end the war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmmgI6h-0l0 Here's a youtube link for the first game so you can see if its what you're thinking it is.

If not, ill leave it to someone else to find cause my brains scrambled right now.
Thanks, this was the game I've been looking for.

Daniel Oliver

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah, I can't remember this games name for the life of me.
It's an old PC title, in the 90's if I recall, or early 2000's.

It was an isometric strategy?, or tower defense like game where you played as a wizard, and created buildings that you used to attack your opponent. There were four elements, Sun, Thunder, Wind and Water, and each had their own unique turrets.
Wind had a sling like turret with that could fire in any single direction, but had short range.
Thunder had a giant obelisk that could shoot lightning very long distances, but could only shoot in one direction.
Sun had a barrier, that if you set two up apart from each other, they would create a sun barrier that would block all projectiles.
Can't remember what water did.

I don't think there were any units at all, just the turrets and building that you used to attack with.

I only ever recall playing the shareware as part of an early internet program that had a host of other games, most of which were multiplier, as was this game if I recall.
Can't remember the programs name either.

I thought it was called Net Wizard or something, but I have had no luck in finding it under that name.

LaLaLillium

May 9, 2014
So i need help, its driving me insane that i cant remember this game i played as a child.

Details:
Cartoon Game
Puzzle game
Takes part in a hotel (maybe partially or all of it)
You have to solve puzzles to stop a bomb thats in a slot machine
One of the areas is a western town where you have to shave someone and feet a guy food till he blows up
Theres many many other areas
Kinds like looney toones but its definatly not looney tunes
No idea when it was made (sorry)

Sorrt that theres not much details... I cant remember much...

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Daniel Oliver said:
I thought it was called Net Wizard or something, but I have had no luck in finding it under that name.
Netstorm is what you're looking for. I think it's freeware now and still has working multiplayer.

Daniel Oliver

Sep 2, 2012
raeior said:
Daniel Oliver said:
Netstorm is what you're looking for. I think it's freeware now and still has working multiplayer.
Oh you beautiful bastard, that was the one.
Thank you.

FlixWolf

May 9, 2014
First of all, hello everyone.
This topic really interested me because (well, otherwise I wouldn't be here), I'm looking for a game which I can't remember the name, I want to play that game so much again, that I created an account here just for that.

I remember very little of the game.
It was for the PlayStation 2.
I played it between 2003 and 2005.
If I'm not mistaken, it was fantasy-based.
You were a girl, in the middle of the forest (not a regular forest, a kind of... "futuristic" forest.) and you could skate around...
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the whole game, but a mini-game or something.
I also remember some of the start screen (at least I think it was the start screen) where it appears some letters, which are the name of the game, but I can only seem to remember the letters: SH
I'm not sure if it was in the start, middle, ending, I can't remember at all.

Would be great if you guys could help me.

Thanks.

-FlixWolf

May 28, 2009
Spent most of today trying to find what I can only assume is a Flash game I played a while back. From what I remember your character crash lands on an alien planet, it's first person but mixes segments like shooting and clicking on stuff to make things happen. No real flexibility in movement, just click to move onward.

There's one bit I remember quite vividly where you have to gut one of these blue alien slaves who has swallowed some sort of device, in order to get at it.