Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

WhooshOleander

May 11, 2014
Hello - I have been looking for something for the last 20 years and it wont go away, its not so much the game as a piece of music at the beginning of one of the levels. The game was on the megadrive circa 1993 and is a ninjaesque type of platform game and all I can remember is that on Level 1 the character is running left to right in a wooded scene and at the end he has to kill a dragon and level 2 is in a scrapyard, could be cars could be machinery and its a jumping based movement, and thats all i remember really , but its the music at the beginning of level 2 that I want to find its a piece of "jangly" guitar reminiscent of Phil Manzanera/Roxy Music.. I have looked at all of the usual suspects Shinobi etc and its not any that I can find.

Sock

May 4, 2014
draklion said:
Sock said:
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a game, either from the 90's or early 2000's.
I barely remember anything. I remember that you do begin the game by a broken down ship. There's also a dude with a bowl, and you gather ingredients for it. Depending on what ingredients you put in, he'll either make you drink it or inhale the gas, and you'll get transported to different settings, I know that at least one of them is an aztec one.

I think there were four different settings. I do seem to remember that everytime you traveled to a new place you always had to switch out to another cd. I do seem to remember that runes have some importance in the game as well, but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, I'd be very happy if you could help me with this. Thanks!

That sounds like it could be Time Lapse.
Maybe, but I don't recognize any of the imagery showing up when I look up Timelapse (Not that a lot shows up to begin with, but still).

Scarecrow_7

May 11, 2014
Hello guys new sub here. This one is been killing me. The game was around late 90s early 00s it was a pc game 1st person 3d game, kind of like myst series and I remember a stage where you're walking around the Aztec temples or something but I might be wrong. There was a puzzle you had to solve where you had to place gem stones on a sun dial looking rock or something and when you get it right you can advance. In general it had some pretty difficult puzzles-riddles to solve i remember. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Scarecrow_7 said:
Hello guys new sub here. This one is been killing me. The game was around late 90s early 00s it was a pc game 1st person 3d game, kind of like myst series and I remember a stage where you're walking around the Aztec temples or something but I might be wrong. There was a puzzle you had to solve where you had to place gem stones on a sun dial looking rock or something and when you get it right you can advance. In general it had some pretty difficult puzzles-riddles to solve i remember. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Could be "Shivers" or "The Labyrinth of Time" maybe.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
blackgracee said:
Hey everyone, I hope someone can help me.

The game I need help with the tittle came out around the same time as Myst, I believe. It has a dark, muted color palette. Many different regions, such as a large ravine, grey fields, and a floating island with a hut on it. I believe it is a type of click puzzle game. If anyone could help , that'd be great.
Whit that floating island it also sounds like "The Labyrinth of Time"

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
LaLaLillium said:
So i need help, its driving me insane that i cant remember this game i played as a child.

Details:
Cartoon Game
Puzzle game
Takes part in a hotel (maybe partially or all of it)
You have to solve puzzles to stop a bomb thats in a slot machine
One of the areas is a western town where you have to shave someone and feet a guy food till he blows up
Theres many many other areas
Kinds like looney toones but its definatly not looney tunes
No idea when it was made (sorry)

Sorrt that theres not much details... I cant remember much...
Toonstuck maybe

kiskoksz94

May 12, 2014
Hello everybody!

I try to find a game. I think it's from te 90s. It is a turn based strategy game on a planet or moon. You start with a round base and you have to shoot(?) or throw your other buildings from it. The buildings are connected with the building you shot it from and if it's destroyed, the disconnected building will blow up. You can also send a vechile, but i think you dont have other units to attack. Of course you have to destroy the enemy base. Please help me find the title.

Romeo Verona

May 3, 2014
Dear fellow gamers, I would be very grateful if you could help me with the title of this PC strategy game I played, possibly between 2000 and 2007 that looked like Age of Wonders. The only things I remember was the fact that through the course of playing the game I had to kill ladybug larvae and that there were wizards and I could buy people, there were people with swords, arrows, etc. Thank you so much, I would be so eternally grateful if you could please make it possible for me to play this game again. Thank you)))

gASK

May 12, 2014
Hi everyone! I have a fairly old game I (and others around me) remember playing, but no amount of Googling managed to turn up any trace of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Details:

- It was a Windows 95 game (maybe even older, but I doubt that).
- It was a "Whack-a-mole" style game starring gophers (or a very similar animal).
- In each level, there was a theme (wooden room, garden or even the moon where the gophers had little space suit helmets)
- In each level, you had to hit a predetermined amount of gophers on the head with your mallet - if you failed to do so, you lost one mallet (which represented lives)
- There were other items that could "poke" out of the holes - some of them positive (extra mallet, chameleon, bomb that hit eveything on screen etc), some of them negative (a trap that caught your mallet, moai statue, alien and others)
- Every five or so levels there was an "intermission", where the gophers formed a choir and sang a "tune" which you had to reproduce by clicking on them in the correct order - if you did so, you won an extra life (mallet)

...that's pretty much it. I can remember the visuals and everything in detail, but that does not help me in any way :(

Once more thanks for any help!

Oblivionchain

May 3, 2014
*bump*
Here is an old game I've been dying to know the title...
Its a ps1 game where you shoot aliens and stuff. Its a top down 3d shooter. There are lots of pickups and you could choose between single player or coop. The main menu background is you in a ship. Player 1 is a boy while player 2 is a girl...HELP

Demut

May 12, 2014
I've had this 2 games in my mind for a while now with no luck finding them... maybe i would be able to find them here :p

Both are from pc, and are, at least 10 years old. I remember playing one of them 13-15 years ago, the other might be a little "new".

The first was a car game... but not just a car game. I remember that in order to ENTER the game, a jukebox appeared with a question, and you had to answer it correctly to be able to start the game (otherwise it would close). At that time i didnt know english so it was more like a roullette rather than answering the question. When you were able to enter the game, you started with money and no car in your garage. You could use a newspaper to buy a new or used car. Then you could buy different parts and exchange them in the garage (i remember changing the motor, removing the screws and putting a new one). And then you could go to the street to run vs ppl. You could bet money or the car. If you won the car, you could then choose which car you would use and that car would enter the garage. You could paint it, put stickers, change tires, motor and other parts. It had nice graphics considering what i can remember and the time it was made.

The other, although "newer", it had less graphics. It was kinda like lemmings, but at the same time, it wasnt. The only thing i can remember is that you could use like a laser to make a hole in the ground where you could "trap" the enemy. After some time, the hole closed. I think you could "construct" like walls/"metal things" that could block the path. The view i think it was like the lemmings or like worms. Also you had a "customize level" thing in which you could "modify" the ground, add enemies and things.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Demut said:
I've had this 2 games in my mind for a while now with no luck finding them... maybe i would be able to find them here :p

Both are from pc, and are, at least 10 years old. I remember playing one of them 13-15 years ago, the other might be a little "new".

The first was a car game... but not just a car game. I remember that in order to ENTER the game, a jukebox appeared with a question, and you had to answer it correctly to be able to start the game (otherwise it would close). At that time i didnt know english so it was more like a roullette rather than answering the question. When you were able to enter the game, you started with money and no car in your garage. You could use a newspaper to buy a new or used car. Then you could buy different parts and exchange them in the garage (i remember changing the motor, removing the screws and putting a new one). And then you could go to the street to run vs ppl. You could bet money or the car. If you won the car, you could then choose which car you would use and that car would enter the garage. You could paint it, put stickers, change tires, motor and other parts. It had nice graphics considering what i can remember and the time it was made.

The other, although "newer", it had less graphics. It was kinda like lemmings, but at the same time, it wasnt. The only thing i can remember is that you could use like a laser to make a hole in the ground where you could "trap" the enemy. After some time, the hole closed. I think you could "construct" like walls/"metal things" that could block the path. The view i think it was like the lemmings or like worms. Also you had a "customize level" thing in which you could "modify" the ground, add enemies and things.
#2:

Lode Runner ( http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/5315-lode-runner-the-legend-returns-windows-3-x-screenshot-not-all.gif )

(there are many different versions, so they look slightly different)

If you are a WIN7 64-bit user, you can use this installer, it works. ( http://www.fireyour.it/loderunner/ )

Demut

May 12, 2014
Doomgriever said:
Demut said:

#2:

Lode Runner ( http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/5315-lode-runner-the-legend-returns-windows-3-x-screenshot-not-all.gif )

(there are many different versions, so they look slightly different)

If you are a WIN7 64-bit user, you can use this installer, it works. ( http://www.fireyour.it/loderunner/ )

I love you... that was it ^.^ ... now i need to find the first game and i can die in peace xD

loz_92

May 12, 2014
So I have been searching everywhere but can't find this game anywhere. It was a game I played in the late 90s, early 00s and it was a time travel game where you travelled to ancient empires (rome, greece, egypt) and you had a weird alien sort of guide and I just remember he had a really weird voice! It was a children's game and travelled in a time travel machine to each of the ancient empires. That is all I remember really and that the guide was dressed differently depending on each place e.g. a pharoh, gladiator, jester.

Would really appreciate any help as it is driving me mad! Thanks

Dmitri

May 13, 2014
The game I'm looking for is a hack n slash style Diablo clone, but with more "fluid" controls. I remember being in a town with shops and a dungeon with monsters to fight(typical I know). The combat however was not target based, instead you swung your weapon at a direction/location to attack enemies.

I've been searching everywhere for this game. I have a feeling that it was never taken past demo stage. I played it around 1999. My gut tells me that it came on a PC Gamer Demo CD, possibly with Panzer General or the Messiah game demo.

***I FIGURED IT OUT!!! It's "Revenant"

robonigga

May 13, 2014
Ok this is all I remember from this game since I only played the demo.
It's a super old game where you play as a giant robot running through the city streets fighting other robots. I'm pretty sure its a white robot and he has sharp fingers, some of the enemies where little blue flying robots. The main thing I remember from that game though was that you could pick up civilians, they would squirm around between your two fingers and you could throw them against the wall and they would leave a tiny little splat of blood on the wall.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
robonigga said:
It's a super old game where you play as a giant robot running through the city streets fighting other robots. I'm pretty sure its a white robot and he has sharp fingers, some of the enemies where little blue flying robots. The main thing I remember from that game though was that you could pick up civilians, they would squirm around between your two fingers and you could throw them against the wall and they would leave a tiny little splat of blood on the wall.
Could be "Future Cop L.A.P.D."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Cop:_LAPD

robonigga

May 13, 2014
Roman78 said:
robonigga said:
Could be "Future Cop L.A.P.D."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Cop:_LAPD
Nope it was a third person game, and the robot you played as was white with I think glowing green eyes.

LingLing Simpson

Mar 26, 2014
TinariKao said:
LingLing Simpson said:
LingLing Simpson said:
I can only remember vague details, but this is a game from my childhood, so maybe... 10-15 years ago?
It was 2d, open world kind of dungeon fighter game... and there were so many different character you could play as, from people to monsters. The one I remember most is a little blob thing. But you go through and I think if you die, you're given one of the other chars to play?... each char has different abilities and stuff... it is possible the character you had to play was random, I can't remember ever being able to choose one. I remember the little blob monster, a mage, a male fighter, and a female. When you die, you spawn in a little town.... I think the first dungeon might have been in the basement of a house or something? It was definitely 8bit, and kind of like a Terraria style. You can jump up and down and move left and right, but it was... flat screen. Sorry, I can't think of how to explain that lol Y___Y If ANYONE can figure out what this is, I'll be eternally grateful.

Bumping because it's still bothering me, and I can't find it :( please help!
What system was this on? There were lots of old 2D dungeon games. Closest I can think of to what you're describing is Legacy of the Wizard
OH MY GOD THAT'S IT!! You're AMAZING! :D!! Thank youuuu! I can die in peace now. This has been bother me for YEARS! Thank youuuuu!

kiskoksz94

May 12, 2014
Demut said:

maybe street legal or street legal racing redline? or maybe monster garage: the game.