Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

purps

Jun 10, 2014
Hello new friends. Just discovered this site hope to be a longterm member. I have a good one. Dunkin Donuts is running a new ad, and the music they are using is from an old arcade game where the main char (dressed in old timey prison stripe clothes) is escaping dig dug style. When I heard
the commercial I was like omg its that
old game! So when they sip the latte drink the music plays, but its missing the one key thing: when the char jumps he always says "hoowee.. and hooplah!!"
Whats the name of the game??
;p

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
Heoxius said:
Hey everyone,

i am looking for 2 games that i played in the 90's on some CD-rom that had 50 games on it (quake, worms, ...)
The first game i am searching for is a "openworld" RPG with turn-based combat. I only remember that ur character is a blond guy or girl with hair in somekind of ponytail and blue - greenish armor. You start in some village but the area after that was a forest where you could encounter green or pink slimes. I also remember something with name Dragon but thats all i remember.

2nd game is a fighting game, i think it was 2D the only two characters i remember was somekind of Stone golem and somekind of fox - dog looking character with blue fur. He had guns and he had some move that shot a giant bullet trough the whole screen so your enemy couldnt dodge it. I thought the name was Super Kid but cant find it so i try my luck here.

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks ^^
would that be "Legend Of Dragoon"? its an openish world adventure with turn based combat. you start in a village and the next area is a forest. slimes are enemys at some point in the game at least, dragoon (dragon) is in the name.

Pogostix

Jun 10, 2014
Perhaps this forum can help me, where even Google has failed...

When I was 5 or 6, back in the late 90's/early 2000's, my dad had this old Mac he used to let us play on. It had this game, where you were a dinosaur, catching colored blocks that were falling from the sky and then dropping them into volcanoes with the matching color. The volcanoes would burp when you dropped the blocks in, and then once they all got 10 blocks, there would be fireworks or something. I remember it being called Dino Blocks or something like that, but Googling that brings up results for something completely different.

It wasn't even that great a game, to be honest; it glitched out or something and dad couldn't fix it, so we got really good at playing as invisible dinosaurs. Didn't matter which dinosaur you picked at the start of the game, you were invisible.

Why am I looking for it? Mostly because it's driving me crazy. I can't find it anywhere, and my little brother was too little to remember anything. So it almost seems like it didn't exist, there's no evidence of it. I've been hunting for months, visiting all kinds of shady archive sites; no luck.

Does anyone else remember this game? Please tell me I'm not crazy.

Baree

Jun 10, 2014
Well, I might as well toss one I have been trying to remember for a while on the pile. Game probably was somewhere in the 90's, fairly sure it was on CD-ROM. Its a racing game, and the image I mostly have burned on my brain is racing on a motorcyle on a mountain road. I think you had to move around trucks (you overtook them I think, not so much they coming from behind). And I think maybe you also had to dodge some kind of cattle?

For some reason I connect this game to the 1995 RPG Thunderscape. I don't know if we had two different CD-ROMS at the same time and if it was some kind of package deal (buy one get two), if the CD-ROM had both games on it, or maybe they weren't related at all and I was just playing them at the same time.

dreamshatterer

Jun 9, 2014
dreamshatterer said:
Doomgriever said:
dreamshatterer said:
I remember an old sega genesis game where you can build houses and i think sonic and toejam & earl were featured in certain levels of the game. I think you can also customize music in one level of the game. Has anybody have an idea to what this game might be?
Art Alive ( http://www.giantbomb.com/art-alive/3030-782/images/ )

(Here's a pic with Sonic and Toe Jam http://i38.tinypic.com/10cs2mv.jpg )
No i don't think that's it. Do you know if there were any other games similar to that?
I remember one level where you can also customize music. For example, they have the music playing for that level and you can change it by going through different instruments. There were 4 characters, 1 on each corner of the screen, 1 was playing the drums the other a keyboard, the other i think was a guitar, and the last one i can't remember (maybe a flute i don' know) but let's say you select the guy with the drums, you can change between which style of drums for him to play like percussions or like those jamaican style drums where it looks like a big metal bowl and the guitar guy can change to acoustic to electric and to bass i think, and the same goes for the other characters. you can also select which songs to play and change the way they sound. I'm just going by what I remember its been very long since I played that game I was a kid at that time but does anyone have a slight idea on what i'm talking about?

June Ressinger

Jun 10, 2014
There's a 90's PC game that I'm trying to find that feels really obscure to me, but maybe that's just because I don't remember much of it. It was a first-person perspective shooter, and the main character was a man. The only thing I can really remember was that it was based in the desert (I think). The "bad" guys in the game were these creatures that looked like humans but they were wrapped up like mummies and they wore these masks on their face. In one sequence of the game, I was hiding in an underground lair which had a lot of these creatures around. Another game sequence I remember is fighting them while either on top of a car or driving a car.

I honestly don't expect anyone to know what I'm talking about! Aha.

Thanks!

? June

LastGod

Jun 11, 2014
Hello, I'd like to ask for some help, if at all possible, with the name of a game and this is what I remember about it :

Played it at around the year 2000 on PC, as far as I remember it was 1st person and I was playing a boy. The game began in a room, as I recal, and it consisted gathering/finding items and doing stuff around a town.... The boy's name or the game's name might or might not have something to do with Japanese stuff, cuz I kinda remember that it might've been a Japanese name, but I'm not sure... also I think a kimono was involed at some point. I know this is quite far-fetched, but I'd be really thankful if anyone can help me. I have faith in you all ! *teary eyed*

Molankati

May 14, 2014
Planeforger said:
Molankati said:
I bloody love this thread. I can practically feel the excitement and happiness people get from rediscovering those lost games :)

Maybe ill be as lucky :).

Old 3D adventure RPG.

Medieval fantasy setting.

You play a character that has been infected or otherwise contaminated, and as you progress (could be time bound) you gradually lose your human form to something more beastly. i remember it having 2 stages at least (might be 3 if complete human was possible). i believe the upside was that you were stronger, the downside was no npc would talk to you and hence you couldnt continue the story.
There was a way to reverse to a less beastly state, but u had to drink water that was blessed? holy? at the cost of a chunk of your healthbar.
It had some basic swordplay in it, and i believe different weapons could be used.
There was also a tavern where you could play a form of reversi.

considering the sparseness of my info, google doesnt get me anywhere, and the lists of games i found stretch decades.
I played it on PC, ps1 comparable graphics... mightve been around the same time as FX fighter so 1995 ish.

would be such a blast if someone could shed some light on this :)
I'm going to guess either Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny, or Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption.
neither it seems, lands of lore seems to be quite quirky, and vamp was way after. The game seemed dark and gritty to me, progression was slow and the storyline was about you as a hero/antihero managing your curse, either being beastly and strong, or more human and able to talk to people. slow like FF, action like resident evil 1/2 is how i would describe it...

Molankati

May 14, 2014
Baree said:
Well, I might as well toss one I have been trying to remember for a while on the pile. Game probably was somewhere in the 90's, fairly sure it was on CD-ROM. Its a racing game, and the image I mostly have burned on my brain is racing on a motorcyle on a mountain road. I think you had to move around trucks (you overtook them I think, not so much they coming from behind). And I think maybe you also had to dodge some kind of cattle?

For some reason I connect this game to the 1995 RPG Thunderscape. I don't know if we had two different CD-ROMS at the same time and if it was some kind of package deal (buy one get two), if the CD-ROM had both games on it, or maybe they weren't related at all and I was just playing them at the same time.
sounds like road rash to me, they had quite the series going.... u should give em a look

iRowan

GurlVirgin
May 2, 2010
Hi everyone! The game I'm trying to remember is VERY obscure. It was written before the year 2000 (I remember playing it when I was 5 or so, and I'm 18 now). I played it on either Mac OS 7 or 8.

It's a really simple children's game. A bull comes up to you, and when he stops in front of you you have to drag stuff to him in order to feed him. After you've dragged something to him he says "For me?" in a low voice then takes it from you and makes rude sounds while eating it. I can't remember if this is the entire game, but I vividly remember the bull's face taking up most of the middle of the screen.

Can anyone tell me what the title of this game is, or at least give me a clue? Thank you! :)

sweetPDO

Jun 11, 2014
So when i was a young gamer my brother and i played this old pc game together where you were treasure hunters that were collecting gold and you had to avoid these dark looking characters that ate you. your only defense was to shoot the ground with a lazer gun make a whole to trap the characters, and you also have to make it to a portal to advance to the next level... when i was searching for it only thing i could find was a game called SPELUNKY. please help i want my childhood back!! P&T

Natasha Sharp

Jun 11, 2014
Does anyone remember a old computer game from the mid to late 90's (that's when I played it) i am pretty sure it was set in a haunted village at night time, the two main character were a boy and girl, and they looked more like real people than cartoons, they were more real than the scenery. So i'm quite sure the game would begin with them being sucked down a vacuum cleaner like vortex or just some kind of vortex and they would land in the spooky town in the dark,I think that maybe they become seperated, but they have to walk around in the dark looking for clues. At one point they are in an old haunted mansion or castle, there is coffins and vampire(s). Might be wrong about some details but that's a I can remember. Please help me lol it's driving me crazy.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
sweetPDO said:
So when i was a young gamer my brother and i played this old pc game together where you were treasure hunters that were collecting gold and you had to avoid these dark looking characters that ate you. your only defense was to shoot the ground with a lazer gun make a whole to trap the characters, and you also have to make it to a portal to advance to the next level... when i was searching for it only thing i could find was a game called SPELUNKY. please help i want my childhood back!! P&T
Lode Runner ( http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/5315-lode-runner-the-legend-returns-windows-3-x-screenshot-not-all.gif )

(there are many different versions, so they look slightly different)

If you are a WIN7 64-bit user, you can use this installer, it works. ( http://www.fireyour.it/loderunner/ )

MarchHatchet

Jun 10, 2014
I'm looking for a 1990's game. You begin as a traveler and from how I remember your horse that you are riding is thirsty. You need to find some water for him and while you are searching for it, you'll fight with a minotaur, a huge spider, some little creepy monsters with little weapons, skeletons and many others. At the end of the game you have to decide if you will kill the giant boss with your magical sword or to give him the sword and live among him. You can find a castle and if you want to enter you need to prove that you are human to a wizard. I remember that you are dressed in yellow, you control your character with the arrows and fight with the numpads. At the begging of the game you will see a cutscene - you are reaching a village. If you want to turn back, the bridge will fall, but will not die. If the minotaur or the spider kill you, you will spawn in a chamber hanged by the legs and beat by the monsters. You can escape but if you will were killed 2, 3 or many times you will really die. Around corners, the camera will turn and you will see the character like in the old Resident Evil. That village is destroyed by the monsters and the people are dying. Please someone help. I can't find the CD where the game is.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
MarchHatchet said:
I'm looking for a 1990's game. You begin as a traveler and from how I remember your horse that you are riding is thirsty. You need to find some water for him and while you are searching for it, you'll fight with a minotaur, a huge spider, some little creepy monsters with little weapons, skeletons and many others. At the end of the game you have to decide if you will kill the giant boss with your magical sword or to give him the sword and live among him. You can find a castle and if you want to enter you need to prove that you are human to a wizard. I remember that you are dressed in yellow, you control your character with the arrows and fight with the numpads. At the begging of the game you will see a cutscene - you are reaching a village. If you want to turn back, the bridge will fall, but will not die. If the minotaur or the spider kill you, you will spawn in a chamber hanged by the legs and beat by the monsters. You can escape but if you will were killed 2, 3 or many times you will really die. Around corners, the camera will turn and you will see the character like in the old Resident Evil. That village is destroyed by the monsters and the people are dying. Please someone help. I can't find the CD where the game is.
Could be Ecstatica: A State of Mind.

MarchHatchet

Jun 10, 2014
Coldie said:
MarchHatchet said:
Could be Ecstatica: A State of Mind.
Thank you very much!!!

Kauro Kadaste

Jun 11, 2014
Plz help me find this game!

The game is a platformer game.
The game was about that you were in some sort of park with your girlfriend. You were talking when somekind of aliens i think kidnapped her and took her to their ship. Then after that you like go through different places and times. At the end of the game you destroy the aliens and save your girlfriend. You go to like castels and egypit like levels, and a forest and a space stage. It was for pc.

GOKUSSJ3Z

Jun 11, 2014
Hey there, I'm looking for a game that was on a rip-off of NES or SNES and it involved time travel, back and forth through the same level, in the past and in the future. It was a soldier looking character and you fought robots in the future and something else in the past. I really don't remember the name but it had the word TIME in it. I might me mistaken, but I'm sure it was something to do with time. It's not Time Lord. Thanks.

zoul893

Jun 11, 2014
Hi ..

Plss help me . Im tired and sick searching in this game. A gameboy color game. He is a prince I think and he uses summon cards to aid him in battle. And he needs to get 3 keys in enemies base to win. Its a japanese game by namco as I recall. Its not a platform game . There is a room and teleporter to go in enemy base. Please help someone I really really want that game again.
Please help. And by the way the first enemy boss is slime ..
Sorry for my bad english