Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

simshadow

Jul 8, 2014
Doomgriever said:
simshadow said:
Ok here goes, im looking for an old RTS game for pc, i belive it is from the late 1990s maby early 2000s.
it's a fantasy World with knights and monsters, base Building and army spawning. one of the Things a clearly remember is that in order to spawn dragon units you had to build a dragon lair, and this Building had a red dragon either on top of it or inside it.
if anybody remembers the game im thinking off i'll be much gratfull.
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/total-annihilation-kingdoms/3030-19680/images/ )
no sorry not that one. thanks though

simshadow

Jul 8, 2014
pedrinho33 said:
Hello there,

I´ve been thinking about name of this game about 10 years and I still don´t find it out.

- it´s an Arcade game on PC,

- probably from early or mid-90s

- you could play 4 characters, each had other skills (If I remember right, one was for example archer, one I think good jumper and one had a shield).

- you played the game with changing this characters in game to go through levels with using the best from each of the characters.

- the map was classic arcade style, from first fast look was similar to Donkey Kong style of maps.

- I think it was ladders there, but some kind of lifts, elevators or something like that, as well.

Pleaaaase, help me to find it. It was really great fun when I was a kid :(.
could it be "lost vikings" ?

HyRock

Jun 14, 2010
Maxim Goris said:
Hi guys :)
I've been looking for the name of a race game,
It was kind of like twisted metal race game where you could battle
The only thing i remember is that it had a freaking UFO as a vehicle
and the multiplayer was perfect
i don't remember if it was PS2 or PS1 , please help me!
Oh I think I finally found one that I know.

I believe that you mean "Rouge Trip"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-LHSirDDa4

Christopher Sliger

Jul 9, 2014
im looking for a third person hack and slash game that I believe was on the ps2 and/or xbox that I played at target one time. the protagonist was a female and I believe he had a female companion. in the corner of the screen there was an option called "blood" and when you pushed that button, your character turned into a giant red demon. any ideas?

pedrinho33

Jul 6, 2014
simshadow said:
pedrinho33 said:
Hello there,

I´ve been thinking about name of this game about 10 years and I still don´t find it out.

- it´s an Arcade game on PC,

- probably from early or mid-90s

- you could play 4 characters, each had other skills (If I remember right, one was for example archer, one I think good jumper and one had a shield).

- you played the game with changing this characters in game to go through levels with using the best from each of the characters.

- the map was classic arcade style, from first fast look was similar to Donkey Kong style of maps.

- I think it was ladders there, but some kind of lifts, elevators or something like that, as well.

Pleaaaase, help me to find it. It was really great fun when I was a kid :(.
could it be "lost vikings" ?
Yeeeeeees, that´s it!!! Thank youuuuuuuuu very very much!!!! :) :) :)

childerich

Jul 9, 2014
Hi everyone,

Can you help me? I'm looking for a game.

- It was a PS1 game.

- It was a war type game... I mean, there were humans and robots, and these 2 had many type of vehicles. When I played the first stage with robots I got 2 vehicles(if I remember correctly). A motorbike, that could attack with a machine gun, and it was very fast, and a 2-legged robot that had rocket attacks. I don't remember the other vehicles, but I know there were flying vehicles, and the robots had a vehicle, that had a strange ability -> it could become invisible.

- The humans had many type of tanks.

That's all I remember about it. I hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

forgotten_zero

May 3, 2014
I remember playing a certain game on the gamecube. It may be on other systems but I know for sure I played it on the game cube. It's kinda like a turn based RPG in ways. You get put into the level and have to beat all of the enemies to proceed. There is no kind of movement or over world interaction. The battle system works like this: You have a circle made of spheres. You can move anywhere within that circle on each characters turn. Each character has their own size of circle. I believe you can jump with the character as to reach obstacles that are higher than you are, if it's within your radius of movement.

The first level if I am not mistaken takes place outside of a mining area. It kinda looks like a quarry of sorts and you have two characters. IIRC the main character is a tall lanky character. He wields a gun.. if I am not mistaken every in the game uses a gun or a long ranged weapon of sorts. You have another character, one who is short and fat IIRC.

Somewhere throughout the game you fight on a level that is like a ranch or something.. it has a windmill and other farm like things. Later in the game you fight on a bridge at night with wreckage of sorts. If anyone can help me remember this game I would be greatly appreciative.

cakelicious

Jul 9, 2014
Hello, im new to this.
It's a Pc game, 1980 -1999 game probably.
Its a point and clicking game, you are playing as an old woman that looks like Cinderellas stepmother in disney version.
Wearing purple dress. I think.
I only remember a small part. You are in a desert and there is a well and in this well there is stairs down.
You also need water to stay alive from this well so you have to go back and forth otherwise you die and If I remember correctly , if you kept walking to left you would see a black giant scorpion . I dont remember much.
Thank you.

bazooka

Jul 9, 2014
mandiibug said:
There was this game on the computer, and you worked at a fashion office. you could talk to people, go to the vending machine, or work at your desk. you got to go to the bar with coworkers or go shopping, etc. i cannot remember the name of it, and i loved that game!
I think it's Populous

bazooka

Jul 9, 2014
Hi there!....I've bin trying to find this ps1 game for a long time,but no luck.....it was a fighting game with farm animals...they were fighting to win this chick(a chicken yes!)...sorry for my bad English

XtrimePT

Jul 8, 2014
Hello to everyone

Well i guess this is going to be tough...

First of all i thank you for reviving me so much memories (Drakkar, Hogs of War, Pandemonium, Intelligent Cube...)

Now i remember some games in my head but just can't remember their names!

I guess i played some of them on Windows 98 and later XP.

GAME 1:

Space combat game, camera view from above. It's your army against another but you only control one ship, the rest is all AI. Mix of many dark colors, i remember purple... You could move to anywhere in the x and y axis. I remember the maps were way too big for the armies so you had much to fly around and ocasionaly you could find some enemies and asteroids...

GAME 2:

third-person shooter, side-scrolling game. Colored black and white, no color at all. I guess the landscape was like a set of caves and you could move up and down thought the layers... You culd pick up some weapons on the floor or crates and it had some kind of aliens or monsters to kill... Very grotesc, dark game...

GAME 3:

Action game, viewed from above. I guess you had to infiltrate a military base and fullfill the iobjetives like destroy something... you could hijack enemy tanks and planes. Very constrastic colors... this one is difficult...

GAME 4:

Civilization management game, i don't think it's any Civ or Populous. The workers i guess were dressed with pre-historic clothes (wich means a piece of leather and done...). They would gather wheat and wood and it was fast-paced. I guess you had a limited number of workers, around 15 and such... Very cartoony graphics.

I hope someone can imagine these games. Just to note, i now found some games i know i played along with these, such as eGames developed titles... I had their game packs (Speedy Eggbert, Spooky Castle...) but searching about these packs i realize the games i'm looking for arent from them... but i guess the games i'm looking for are from that time...

Well that's all i can say hope you guys could help me.

Best regards

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
forgotten_zero said:
I remember playing a certain game on the gamecube. It may be on other systems but I know for sure I played it on the game cube. It's kinda like a turn based RPG in ways. You get put into the level and have to beat all of the enemies to proceed. There is no kind of movement or over world interaction. The battle system works like this: You have a circle made of spheres. You can move anywhere within that circle on each characters turn. Each character has their own size of circle. I believe you can jump with the character as to reach obstacles that are higher than you are, if it's within your radius of movement.

The first level if I am not mistaken takes place outside of a mining area. It kinda looks like a quarry of sorts and you have two characters. IIRC the main character is a tall lanky character. He wields a gun.. if I am not mistaken every in the game uses a gun or a long ranged weapon of sorts. You have another character, one who is short and fat IIRC.

Somewhere throughout the game you fight on a level that is like a ranch or something.. it has a windmill and other farm like things. Later in the game you fight on a bridge at night with wreckage of sorts. If anyone can help me remember this game I would be greatly appreciative.
Anything like year or similar details? I've scoured every listing of gamecube games with any variant of turn based gameplay and none of them had anything like what you've described. It sounds like it has a Final Fantasy Tactics-esque field of movement to it and there's not a whole lot like it in the GCN library :/

forgotten_zero

May 3, 2014
Redrow said:
forgotten_zero said:

Anything like year or similar details? I've scoured every listing of gamecube games with any variant of turn based gameplay and none of them had anything like what you've described. It sounds like it has a Final Fantasy Tactics-esque field of movement to it and there's not a whole lot like it in the GCN library :/
After hours of searching I finally found it.. it's called future tactics: the uprising. It's for original Xbox as well but I played it got GC. Thanks for looking

Mike Frost

Jul 10, 2014
I'm trying to figure out the name of an Arcade shooter from the late 80s early 90s, the game was a side/diagonal/vertical scroller where you and a friend were these 2 guys that floated around onscreen and your character had a satellite that floated with you which could be upgraded along with your gun..so as you were using a blaster, your satellite would be a flamethrower or a triple-shot(or whatever else) and you could destroy waves of enemies..the game had sick ass graphics for the time and I sunk a ton of quarters into it because it was so damn fun..as far as the game itself I can't remember much about it, I know one of the levels was inside of the Great Pyramid.can anyone help with the name?

macc66

Jul 10, 2014
Hi All,

This is a long shot as my memory is sketchy but here goes:
RPG fantasy game played in the 90's on PC
Male character in armour and a sword: able to talk to and recruit other NPC's (eg. young girl, old man). You did have to fight bad guys (mainly monsters of some sort) and got stronger when you did. You could buy/get better armour and such.
Set in forest and caves?

That's about all I can remember except that I loved it! Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

hshroom

May 31, 2012
I don't really recall this one too well, but seeing an image of it I could point it out. I believe you played as a white anthropomorphic cat who's (lost?) in a forest. I remember seeing (or the cat wanting to see) a tree.. There was an area you couldn't go into early in the game.

I believe it's top down. It was a game off of the "Over 1000 games Complete Encyclopedia of Games"

megamachopop

Jul 3, 2014
megamachopop said:
There's an old PC game I remember playing.

-you controlled your character on the outside border of the screen.
-you had to shoot blocks into the middle to make mosaics.
-you can shoot or pull the blocks out to solve the puzzles (as in, shoot a block in, shoot another so the first block stops it, then pull the first out leaving the second where it was).
-I believe it had a Greek or Roman god theme to it.
Bump to see if anyone else knows what I'm talking about or needs more information. Thanks in advance.

pepe4ever

Jul 10, 2014
hey guys i was looking for an old game and saw your foroum. Does anyone remember an old game where the heroes looked like batman and robin and the intro was those two sitting in a huge tv? and everything was huge...a mission was in the kitchen room.

JustWondering

Jul 10, 2014
Seriously need help on this guy's. Been looking for this game for absolutely ages. The game I used to play was on Sega. I believe it was a mega drive but could be corrected. I remember the game only consisting of you being a small red ninja like armoured dude that had a silver helmet. I'm sure it was a Mario style game whereby you had to jump into blocks etc and bash your way through blocks to reach the objective. That's all I really remember but my mam states she thinks you used to get into a car at some point during the game and all you could see was the dudes silver head... Latter part of that may be incorrect but the part regarding blocks/sword etc is correct. Please help!!!!

BloodyGuy

Jul 28, 2013
Hello everyone!
There is this game i can't remember the name :/.
As i remember you are some kind space-frog who knows how to fight,and you get to fight alot of enemies. I remeber some levels were climbing some cave down with a rope. It's prety old and kinda popular.I remember playing it a lot with my friend!
If anyone knows please tell me!
Thanks!