Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Adam Cooke

Nov 22, 2015
So this is from way back, maybe the mid-90s or a bit earlier, for PC. It was an adventure game where you controlled a character that was kind of a dark superhero. His power had something to do with night and I think had to get recharged with a dark liquid ... I think. The game was about solving some kind of mystery, kind of like Under a Killing Moon if you're familiar with that one. There was a lot of walking to different locations in the city where it took place, and a lot of talking to other main characters. I think a lot of those other characters had powers of some kind too. Any ideas, anyone?

darthus

Mar 8, 2008
diablo rules said:
darthus said:
Here's one I've been trying to remember for years:

It was a computer game of some kind, in the 80s to early 90s, can't remember if it was PC, Amiga, Commodore or Mac. It was a side scrolling game which evoked the original Prince of Persia, but a lot of the gameplay involved avoiding random guards that patrolled by pressing yourself up against the background in alcoves in walls. I believe there were traps and you were thematically a "thief" character, moving deeper and deeper into a castle. I vaguely remember the title screen having a very large stone wall extending across the screen (perhaps at an angle) and your character displayed prominently. My mind wants to think Shadows was in the title, but I am not sure. I am also relatively sure this was a low color count game, perhaps black and white, perhaps CGA.

Anyone recognize it?
Shadows Of Cairn (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUW7gZUqdK8
Wow, amazingly done. It was a lot rosier in my memories after watching video of it though. =) Thanks for scratching that annoying itch.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Adam Cooke said:
So this is from way back, maybe the mid-90s or a bit earlier, for PC. It was an adventure game where you controlled a character that was kind of a dark superhero. His power had something to do with night and I think had to get recharged with a dark liquid ... I think. The game was about solving some kind of mystery, kind of like Under a Killing Moon if you're familiar with that one. There was a lot of walking to different locations in the city where it took place, and a lot of talking to other main characters. I think a lot of those other characters had powers of some kind too. Any ideas, anyone?
Noctropolis (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORUlHnc80N0

Seriis

Nov 19, 2015
Pixelhunter said:
Seriis said:
So I need some help remembering this game I used to play on the PC.

It was maybe 5-6 years ago. It was a shooter set in a sci-fi like map. You had some sort of rollerblades on, or you were rolling on something atleast, and you had jetpacks that made you go faster, and jumping/gliding all over. This was a big part of the game. I remember this because i though that the jetpack "wings" looked great. I cant remember if you picked up guns, upgraded yourself or if you picked your setup before the game. I know that you had to choose your class before starting. So all you really did was jumping around shooting people in what looked like a spacestation in space. The game was really pretty to look at. Really flashy.

I know this isnt much to go on but Im hoping that someone might remember a bit more than me :)
To me it sounds like a game out of the "Tribes" Series. I don't think there's other games which involved
"skiing" and jetpacks.

Check them out, Hi-Rez Studios are giving the older games away.

https://www.tribesuniverse.com/
This is not the game i was thinking off but its pretty similar. The maps were set in space and on spacestations and the gear and weapons were more flashy. When you "skated" there were flashy flames behind you. But Tribes does look like something i can play until i figure out the other game. Thank you:)

Mario Djabbar

Nov 22, 2015
Hey, I'm a new escapist.
I remember this PC game I played as a tribal game which is similar to AoE or Warcraft. It has some sort of a shaman as the head of the tribe and there's a part in which you have to worship a stone statue for some time to get something (probably miracles, I remember when I finished worshiping one, a land bridge popped out).
You have to build houses to support the population, and fight with other tribes. It also has some sort of barracks to make warriors, and there's a kind of mages who shoot fire from both of their fists (and if you win the game, the mages would shoot fire to the air).

GameOverMan

Aug 7, 2015
Seriis said:

It was maybe 5-6 years ago. It was a shooter set in a sci-fi like map. You had some sort of rollerblades on, or you were rolling on something atleast, and you had jetpacks that made you go faster, and jumping/gliding all over. This was a big part of the game. I remember this because i though that the jetpack "wings" looked great. I cant remember if you picked up guns, upgraded yourself or if you picked your setup before the game. I know that you had to choose your class before starting. So all you really did was jumping around shooting people in what looked like a spacestation in space. The game was really pretty to look at. Really flashy.

I know this isnt much to go on but Im hoping that someone might remember a bit more than me :)
Legions: Overdrive?

SyntaxTerror

Nov 22, 2015
Hey, I have a tough one for you, would be glad if someone can remember:

There was this C64 Jump'n Run game. It was side-scrolling from left to right and if you weren't quick enough and were hit by the left side of the screen you would loose a life. It has also a split-screen multiplayer mode. And I think the main characters were robots.

I allways thought the name was "Deliverance" but that doesn't seem to be right. Any one an idea?

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
It was an xbox live arcade 2d rpg where you play this amnnesiac girl who woke up in a dungeon and proceeds to clear it out. After you clear it out, you go to this town and speak in portrait style similar to disagaea. Later in the game you could unlock different outfits for the girl to wear.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
SyntaxTerror said:
Hey, I have a tough one for you, would be glad if someone can remember:

There was this C64 Jump'n Run game. It was side-scrolling from left to right and if you weren't quick enough and were hit by the left side of the screen you would loose a life. It has also a split-screen multiplayer mode. And I think the main characters were robots.

I allways thought the name was "Deliverance" but that doesn't seem to be right. Any one an idea?
You were right..

Deliverance (1987)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDjbRJ14fA

TheCozyMicrobe

Nov 18, 2015
Hello all!! So I've been looking for this game for about 2 years, and I even occasionally looked at this very thread, but until now have never made a post about it. To whoever reads this, thanks for your time, and be prepared for a heck of a lot of vagueness. The game I'm looking for was a PC adventure game from the late 90's, probably Sierra but not 100% sure. Fairly standard point and click adventure stuff, as far as I remember. There were talking dinosaurs(Can't remember if they were further anthropomorphized or not) as well as humans. I remember the story was very serious, and I'm pretty sure it dealt with politics of some kind in relation to the dinosaurs and humans. I'm pretty sure there was magic, or at least magical items. I also remember there was a room that had a large cage in the center, with something inside, as well as guards in the room. There was also a palace of some kind. I can't remember much more than that. If any of you can help, that would be awesome!!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
ForIAmFilledWithBees said:
Hello all!! So I've been looking for this game for about 2 years, and I even occasionally looked at this very thread, but until now have never made a post about it. To whoever reads this, thanks for your time, and be prepared for a heck of a lot of vagueness. The game I'm looking for was a PC adventure game from the late 90's, probably Sierra but not 100% sure. Fairly standard point and click adventure stuff, as far as I remember. There were talking dinosaurs(Can't remember if they were further anthropomorphized or not) as well as humans. I remember the story was very serious, and I'm pretty sure it dealt with politics of some kind in relation to the dinosaurs and humans. I'm pretty sure there was magic, or at least magical items. I also remember there was a room that had a large cage in the center, with something inside, as well as guards in the room. There was also a palace of some kind. I can't remember much more than that. If any of you can help, that would be awesome!!
It has to be

Lost Eden (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQY5LB2OLc

TheBuggman

Nov 21, 2015
TheBuggman said:
Okay, I really don't expect anyone to get this one considering how little I have to give on it.

I remember it as a puzzle game, though it could be labeled as adventure or even strategy.
LMAO! I decided to look through the wikipedia list of Sierra games just on a whim, in case something stood out. The very first title I click on is "Yobi's Basic Spelling Tricks." I do not remember my game being a spelling game AT ALL, but the name compelled me to click on it anyway. And that's what it was.

Spelling Jungle, 1993 - https://youtu.be/5QHKQKlWHlM?list=PLl8va2Hv_uXitOPcCOz-Gj9X9F0_BXPwn

Caolanz

Nov 23, 2015
Hi everyone, I've been trying to think of this game for ages now and as I have very little information about it, I have not found it.
The best descripton I can give about it, is that it is an MMO from around 2006-2008 and it involved playing a character which could have either been a female or male egg or a male or a female. You then could dress this character like any other mmo, walk around play games and talk to people - this is a childrens game btw. It was browser based and there were functions in it such as marriage etc. The landscape was based around an island and there were beaches, mountains etc which you could roam with your little egg character. The egg character was an egg with eyes, arms and feet by the way. It was 2D. I would be so grateful if someone could find this game for me even if it isn't running anymore - thanks in advance guys :)

Ed McCarty

Nov 23, 2015
I'm trying to find the name of a puzzle and try and then buy it.
It was from the 1970s/1980s

It was a round puzzle that was like a 8-10in cylinder in height. Black and grey (I think)

It had pegs at the top that moved gears inside. The object was to get the 8-10 triangles inside or outside the puzzle. You used fingers to move the pegs up top to move the gears inside.

Sound familiar?

Can you help me?

If not, do you know know anyone who can?

Please let me know

I've tried internet searches but have had no luck

mazma

Nov 23, 2015
I am trying to find a early 2000s webgame. It was a 3d game with mazes and had a really awesome level editor where people created their own levels ranging from roller coasters to adventure maps. It had it's own domain, at least I think it did. Your only weapon was a slingshot and the enemies were these wheels of ice, it was a first person game. Can anyone help me find this game if it still exists? Some of the popular levels were rollercoasters (You would walk slowly on a user created floating platform) or mazes.

WhiteArr0w

Nov 23, 2015
I am wondering what was the name of a game that I played when I was younger.I dont know exactly how old it is, but it is pretty old. You play as a women. You start the game in a burning house and than a red dragon comes to you. You can go to two different caves by riding him. On your way to the first cave you have to fight wyverns or something like that, that shoot you with green projectiles. When you enter the cave you have to fight with something like werewolves. I dont remember much of the second cave, because it was too creepy for me. But I remember something about spiders and a boulder. Hope someone remembers what's the name of the game. :)

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Seriis said:
Pixelhunter said:
Seriis said:

To me it sounds like a game out of the "Tribes" Series. I don't think there's other games which involved
"skiing" and jetpacks.

Check them out, Hi-Rez Studios are giving the older games away.

https://www.tribesuniverse.com/
This is not the game i was thinking off but its pretty similar. The maps were set in space and on spacestations and the gear and weapons were more flashy. When you "skated" there were flashy flames behind you. But Tribes does look like something i can play until i figure out the other game. Thank you:)
Mmh, then maybe it was "Legions: Overdrive" (aka "Fallen Empire: Legions"). Totally forgot about that.

http://www.legionsoverdrive.com/

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
WhiteArr0w said:
I am wondering what was the name of a game that I played when I was younger.I dont know exactly how old it is, but it is pretty old. You play as a women. You start the game in a burning house and than a red dragon comes to you. You can go to two different caves by riding him. On your way to the first cave you have to fight wyverns or something like that, that shoot you with green projectiles. When you enter the cave you have to fight with something like werewolves. I dont remember much of the second cave, because it was too creepy for me. But I remember something about spiders and a boulder. Hope someone remembers what's the name of the game. :)
I'd first try my luck with "Drakan: Order of the Flame" (1999). Love that game.
It needs a community patch to run on modern systems though.