Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

evilmarcozor

Jan 31, 2016
meerkatsarefeliform said:
evilmarcozor said:
Hello!

I don't know if this has been asked before but Im looking for an old FPS game on PC and the only thing I remember is an octopus looking boss where you had to jump inside its mouth and shoot its heart to defeat it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Maybe Undying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FfkOXEGvjo
Thank you but that was not it! :(

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Alright, counting on you fine folks for help, as this has been driving me insane.

The game in question came out in the mid-to-late 90's. It's a turn-based strategy game pitting you as the commander of modern military forces against what are clearly Chaos-inspired "fantasy" dark forces. I remember the warriors in particular were clearly inspired by GW's Chaos Warriors. As in, almost carbon copies.

I think the game was by an Eastern-European developer, and I remember it was actually quite challenging!

Any idea?

Sepilein

Jan 29, 2016
diablo rules said:
Sepilein said:
Ragnorak87 said:
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played with my brothers in primary school (15ish years ago) on PC.
It's a board game similar to Monopoly where everyone chooses a character in a car. You drive around in an open world style board game map buying properties where natural disasters may occur damaging them. I remember one specific one was "Nessie" would come out of the lake and damage your property. Also I think it was kind of a race as well, yet also competitive to see who gets the most money.
If anyone have any ideas, would really help as I would like to play it again with my cousin's daughters when they're over, as I remembered it was quite and enjoyable.

Cheers

EDIT: I also remembered a character having a monocle and big mustache.
anyone knows this game? googled forever and the best i found was someone else searching for it xD
the description is as good as i can remember myself i played it in german so it isnt an english only thing...rlly would love to play it again.

the map is like a world map without 3d if i remember correct. cant find it under monopoly or game of life sadly :(
I answered the quoted post some time ago...

Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BnnhanboVE
thanks so much :)..i read some pages after him but maybe i skipped your answer

Simon Newbranch

Feb 1, 2016
Thank God I found this forum, hopefully someone is smarter than me and can remember the name of this game.

I can't remember if mobile or console (arcade) , I want to say mobile.

it's basically a colourful platform arcade game like this

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/0/68//mario-bros-2.png?itok=FSD1dkIK

Where you're stuck in one room or environment and shit is popping out from variety of places and you're just jumping and running around in circles killing those things, with breaks in between each rounds.

Additionally, you could switch characters with different weapons, archer with a bow and arrow, some zombie vomitting i think, dragon with fire, ninja with stars, mage and so on

It was done in a cute cartoon style and shouldn't be older than 3 or 4 years.

thanks a lot

ingenuous

Sep 6, 2013
i posted this three years ago, reposting: "Hi, I'm looking for an old game I used to play in the 90's, its intro reminds me of Hansel and Gretel, the witch captures one of the kids, the other one flees only after getting turned into a ladybug by the witch.

You play as the ladybug crawling around in the witch's dungeon(?) and you pick up potions on the way which turn you into different kind of animals.
(It's a platform game.)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, I've been looking for it everywhere."

meerkatsarefeliform

Jan 31, 2016
ingenuous said:
i posted this three years ago, reposting: "Hi, I'm looking for an old game I used to play in the 90's, its intro reminds me of Hansel and Gretel, the witch captures one of the kids, the other one flees only after getting turned into a ladybug by the witch.

You play as the ladybug crawling around in the witch's dungeon(?) and you pick up potions on the way which turn you into different kind of animals.
(It's a platform game.)

Maybe Banjo-Kazooie?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Kazooie

meerkatsarefeliform

Jan 31, 2016
Arianna Bello said:
Hello people. I am desperate. I am looking for a game I played when I was a little girl on PC. First half of 2000s probably, i found this game on a cd with other game, it was like the ones they give you with magazines, but unless you live in italy you won't know this detail.

Anyway, in the game you pilot an airplane, like the paper planes you play with, and it was very colorful. The tracks you run on were very colorful and made many curves around some bizarre buildings. It wasnt realistic, but the only objective i found was to... Fly on these tracks. Maybe it was a demo, but that's it.
I remember a menu where you could choose different planes (or it was multiplayer selection screen).
Nothing more.

Do you remember anything like this? Can you help me?

Any idea is much appreciated.
Sounds a bit like Audiosurf.

LucyRa

Dec 11, 2015
Hi guys! I need your help.
What I'm looking for some old 2D RTS. You countrol some kind of UFO wich uses it's beam to destroy buildings. After you destroy some building it reappear under your colour and automatically starts to product unints for you (like in Z). The only things you can actually build were turrets.
Can anyone help me with this?

Also I have another game which name I can't remember. It's spacesim where you fight some spacebugs which are collecting crystals and trying to charge huge ring portal. If they succeed the portal will open and summon more bugs. You will recieve damage if you fly too close to the portal.

ingenuous

Sep 6, 2013
ingenuous said:

(It's a platform game.)

Maybe Banjo-Kazooie?

No, that's not it, it was a 2D game, the protagonist was a human kid and he had a sister(Hansel & Gretel?).Also, you start out as a ladybug, and the game takes place in the witch's lair/dungeon, also, I played it on PC. Thanks for trying, though :)

DredzBop

Feb 1, 2016
Ok Ive been trying to remember this game for a long time. MY informationis limited and vague so im really hoping someone will know wht im talking about.
All i rememeber is tht it was a really wierd anime game kind of like a beat em up. the bosses were all kinda of wierd and on the final level you have to replay all the bosses, and then fight the final boss. The final boss fight happens in front of like a japanese school and you have to beat him like 2 or three times. at first he looks like a highschool student but during the final part of the fight he turns in to a green monster version of him self with stretchy limbs.
This is all i have i dont remeber the system T_T but it was in the 90s.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
ingenuous said:
ingenuous said:

(It's a platform game.)

Maybe Banjo-Kazooie?

No, that's not it, it was a 2D game, the protagonist was a human kid and he had a sister(Hansel & Gretel?).Also, you start out as a ladybug, and the game takes place in the witch's lair/dungeon, also, I played it on PC. Thanks for trying, though :)
Mick (1993)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxoCrbQLtcI

Adrienne Carroll

Feb 2, 2016
Does anyone remember playing a game where you were some sort of fruit, and you went around this town or whatever and you had to get keys and I think you saved other fruit? I've been trying to find this game for years. I think in the game you were a watermelon.

knaan

Feb 2, 2016
Hey, I've been looking for a game for the past days but I can't find it's name so I'm hoping someone might know it, it is a tactical rpg game, very similar to la pucelle tactics but there's a few details that I remember which la pucelle doesn't have, first one is a blue "PLAYER TURN" when your turn begins and a red "ENEMY TURN" when the enemy turn begins, another detail is that the first level, maybe the tutorial is on what seems to be an underground cave, its very dark and the last and most peculiar one is that there is a blue (or pink, i don't remember exactly) figure on the bottom right of the loading screen, right after the "loading..." and i used to belive it was a pig but i'm not certain. I used to play it on playstation 2, but it might be a PSOne game, thats all i can remember from this game and i hope someone can help me find it. Thanks everyone

ingenuous

Sep 6, 2013
diablo rules said:
ingenuous said:
ingenuous said:

(It's a platform game.)

Maybe Banjo-Kazooie?

Mick (1993)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxoCrbQLtcI
This is it! I have been looking for this game for more than a decade!Thank you mate, you are the best.

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Alfred Chapman said:
If anyone can help
It was a game I played about 10-13 years ago, not sure when it was released. You started of with your base which when clicked on moved to a frontal view which looked more like a framed picture than an aerial shot, and as you built new buildings they would appear at this view of your base.

I remember one team being able to make giants i think. You had to choose, what units to build, each time you allowed yourself to make a new unit you were making a choice between that and another unit and you build the building that let you make the unit you wanted. It would then be there seemingly as another feature of this pictureframeesque view of your base. like you built an eerie for dragons and the like

The units had different upgrade paths. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly. The units you made could travel out of base. maybe with heros leading them im not sure, it was single units in battalions of 3 i seem to remember. Someone may have the answer, thank you for helping.

I seem to remember the units being 3D

It was fantasy, with magic and all sorts of magical beings it was a strategy game.

And this probably wont be helpful but one of the teams had some sort of tavern directly to the left of their starting base

Any help would be greatly appreciated, desparate to find this game, thanks guys
Sounds like a Heroes of Might and Magic game to me; possibly HOMM 3 or later.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
knaan said:
Hey, I've been looking for a game for the past days but I can't find it's name so I'm hoping someone might know it, it is a tactical rpg game, very similar to la pucelle tactics but there's a few details that I remember which la pucelle doesn't have, first one is a blue "PLAYER TURN" when your turn begins and a red "ENEMY TURN" when the enemy turn begins, another detail is that the first level, maybe the tutorial is on what seems to be an underground cave, its very dark and the last and most peculiar one is that there is a blue (or pink, i don't remember exactly) figure on the bottom right of the loading screen, right after the "loading..." and i used to belive it was a pig but i'm not certain. I used to play it on playstation 2, but it might be a PSOne game, thats all i can remember from this game and i hope someone can help me find it. Thanks everyone
Eternal Eyes (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_2XxbW0bY

PSX game.

Jason Bond

Feb 2, 2016
Morose Fox said:
Spent way too long sifting thru arcade game listings, UGH.. I think it had a weird name, either some details: Was a space battle game, planets an junk, way beyond asteroids for sure. Each player had a choice of what ship to pilot or something, like-
Heavy armored but slow ship
Medium balanced one
Very fast but fragile ship

---Though the most prominent thing i spoze would be THE TALKING GREEN PLANET ALIEN MONSTER that you have to battle at some point and shootup his crater things that are expelling... ships or something...?
some bunny help meh...!! PLZ. ;)
does anyone know this game? I've been looking for it too. It was on PC and I think I played it mid-late'90s.

Much appreciated and I'll try to help you guys too :)

williamjose

Feb 2, 2016
Hi guys! I really need your help.
When i was a child I played a horror game (just the first phase) and i can't remember the name:
I remember that the Title of the game is written or covered with blood.
You could start at a mansion (like the old resident evil) or at the graveyard (?). In some part, when you entered a stable (or a barn) everything begins to go on fire and a zombie appears crawling to you in a weird way (search for the "bridge pose" of yoga on google).
It was darker and had more gore than the Resident Evil's series (that's why I played one phase). I remember that when outside of the house you were following a monster that looked a lot like the Predator. This guy that you were following is shown in a "zoom" cutscene because your character was far away from it.
I don't quite remember, but i think that it was a third person shooter.
Thank you =D.

Cruxgen

Feb 2, 2016
I am looking for a Game that I played long ago on the PS1 , it was in Jap so is hard to remember what was it
It was Like a fixed camera perspective (Much like Resident Evil),
Going around shooting generic bad guys,
You have several character to choose from each has their own gun (I know the Main guy uses a Pistol there are others with shotgun,UZI,sniper etc)
Also there is two player VS (Both choose a character then a location to fight it out)

Much appreciated if someone can tell me the name of the game I just want to know what I was playing Thanks :)

PS: I think they were cyborgs ? Not so sure

Cruxgen

Feb 2, 2016
I am looking for a Game that I played long ago on the PS1 , it was in Jap so is hard to remember what was it
It was Like a fixed camera perspective (Much like Resident Evil),
Going around shooting generic bad guys,
You have several character to choose from each has their own gun (I know the Main guy uses a Pistol there are others with shotgun,UZI,sniper etc)
Also there is two player VS (Both choose a character then a location to fight it out)

Much appreciated if someone can tell me the name of the game I just want to know what I was playing Thanks :)

PS: I think they were cyborgs ? Not so sure