Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

ThebiznessMAN

Mar 16, 2016
diablo rules said:
ThebiznessMAN said:
I've been looking for an old first-person medieval RPG 'horror' game on the playstation series or N64... Judging from my age at the time of playing it, the game was around 2000.

So the intro is kind of a blur for me but I remember it starts off and it's very dark, but for an army of soldiers with torches lit. They are marching somewhere important but i don't know. Then there's this enigmatic narrator that guides the character,or "chosen one" to an ancient forest where at the end of this forest is an ancient door, which leads to our first area... Where i encountered like an orange slime thing? Like a blob but made of magma, giant spiders, skeleton archers, and creepy stuff like that. I know that you could pick up items like in skyrim, but the feel was very different. There was like a church where you could explore and hidden items like little statues you had to find a way to reach. The overall look was very grim and dark. I even remember that the area could go up onto this castle walls kind of deal, and enemy skeleton archers would be waiting for you there. I played this game as a kid and remember it being so darn awesome it brought nostalgia to its knees. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help :D
sounds like

Shadow Tower (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGROjG3Z3zY

for the PSX
No! but your suggestion helped me find it! It's actually King's Field 4!!
https://youtu.be/GNiLz45A-WQ
THANK YOU! I'm fitting to take a trip to the past and crack open this gem! Awesome!

Arruda

Mar 16, 2016
Sheria said:
Arruda said:
2D PS1 GAME!!!!!!

Its a game that starts in a room, with a boy and a girl There is a fairy that helps you in the start, and the house is falling, the game has a top view, and it is 2D, the house has white stairs breaking, and everything is falling apart, later in the game you find a key, and the game is kinda hard.
Later I think that you can find a garden, outside the house, the game also has some dialogue, in the begining you can press X on the bed and the boy/girl says something, I also remember that the game had a lot of purple in it.

PLEASE HAWP
I'm pretty sure it is Swagman you want.
Hey Sheria, my deepest thank you, you helped us a lot S2 <3 <3 Love you, keep up the good work, kisses from Brasil!!! hu3

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Heiliger Lakewooder said:
Just found this thread and site. Don't usually register for these things, but this is bugging me for a long time.

Looking for a text adventure for trs-80. You're out to slay a dragon. It's not Dragon Quest. From the little I remember, early on you can hear someone singing. I must have played this around 1990, maybe earlier.

No king, no princess! There are no swords or shields left in town because many brave adventurers have tried before you. None came back.

You can suffer 8 wounds out of a possible 8. So actually 7, or you're dead. The Dragon can come thundering out of the sky, apparently randomly. I never figured out what triggered it. He'll breathe fire on you, doing 7 points of damage, so if you have a scratch, you're always at risk of instant death from the sky.

Wounds heal naturally with time, as I recall, maybe there are other faster ways too.

I remember a river, with a bear trap in it (4 points, I think).
The name of the Company that published it, I think was Japanese (but the game was English, had a very good text engine, I think better than Zork).
Misoy, perhaps? But I can't remember. Maybe I'm totally off.

Can anyone figure this out?

Just remembered something else. The game had cute error messages. Asking the game a who, what, where question got the response "You're the adventurer, you find out!" I think "HEALTH" gave you a health report, if you had no wounds you were "healthy as a horse".
perhaps

Dragon Blade (1986)

http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/dragonblade.html

Heiliger Lakewooder

Mar 16, 2016
diablo rules said:
Just found this thread and site. Don't usually register for these things, but this is bugging me for a long time.

Looking for a text adventure for trs-80. You're out to slay a dragon. It's not Dragon Quest. From the little I remember, early on you can hear someone singing. I must have played this around 1990, maybe earlier.

No king, no princess! There are no swords or shields left in town because many brave adventurers have tried before you. None came back.

You can suffer 8 wounds out of a possible 8. So actually 7, or you're dead. The Dragon can come thundering out of the sky, apparently randomly. I never figured out what triggered it. He'll breathe fire on you, doing 7 points of damage, so if you have a scratch, you're always at risk of instant death from the sky.

Wounds heal naturally with time, as I recall, maybe there are other faster ways too.

The name of the Company that published it, I think was Japanese (but the game was English, had a very good text engine, I think better than Zork).

Just remembered something else. The game had cute error messages. Asking the game a who, what, where question got the response "You're the adventurer, you find out!" I think "HEALTH" gave you a health report, if you had no wounds you were "healthy as a horse".
perhaps

Dragon Blade (1986)

Thanks for trying, but no, not even close. This was basically like Zork, pure monochrome text. Played it on a monochrome trs-80, green. Our other machine was an Apple ][e, yellow. Funny how you remember these things, no?

I'm pretty sure the singing was important. But where's it coming from? Who's singing? Don't even think of asking the game. It doesn't like where or who questions, remember? But how do you figure it out, without headphones, lol? I'm thinking you're supposed to sing back, but what's the name of the darn title?

Jack Jordan

Mar 16, 2016
There was this game I saw someone play that interested me, but I never learned the title. It's PC but I'm unsure when it was made. It was a top-down (probably 16-bit) naval game where there were three teams on an medium sized map with a ring of islands in the middle. The point was to destroy the other two teams motherships with your mothership along with smaller craft people build. Resource nodes would pop up in different places and players in ships could collect the resource (there was just one type of resource, money) and use it to build blocks on there mother ship or on their own ship. There are allot of different blocks from machine guns to propellers to rammers. I really want to play this game but I can't remember what it was called.

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
Arruda said:
Sheria said:
Arruda said:
2D PS1 GAME!!!!!!

Its a game that starts in a room, with a boy and a girl There is a fairy that helps you in the start, and the house is falling, the game has a top view, and it is 2D, the house has white stairs breaking, and everything is falling apart, later in the game you find a key, and the game is kinda hard.
Later I think that you can find a garden, outside the house, the game also has some dialogue, in the begining you can press X on the bed and the boy/girl says something, I also remember that the game had a lot of purple in it.

PLEASE HAWP
I'm pretty sure it is Swagman you want.
Hey Sheria, my deepest thank you, you helped us a lot S2 <3 <3 Love you, keep up the good work, kisses from Brasil!!! hu3
So glad I could help =) *hugs*

Heiliger Lakewooder

Mar 16, 2016
diablo rules said:

perhaps

Dragon Blade (1986)

Thanks for trying, but no, not even close. This was basically like Zork, pure monochrome text. Played it on a monochrome trs-80, green. Our other machine was an Apple ][e, yellow. Funny how you remember these things, no?

I'm pretty sure the singing was important. But where's it coming from? Who's singing? Don't even think of asking the game. It doesn't like where or who questions, remember? But how do you figure it out, without headphones, lol? I'm thinking you're supposed to sing back, but what's the name of the darn title?

Hey Diablo, get a load of this!

http://willus.com/trs80/?q=Dragon

It was misosys, not Misoy. Who the flip is misosys, anyway?

I'm looking for this game on and off for years, couldn't find it -- it's amazing what a little competition will do!! Thought you might beat me to the punch!

kied15

Mar 17, 2016
as a child , 8 years ago , I played a game , there was an old man with a red parrot, at the start walking among trees , came to a door and touched a bell , you could paint and had different games, is a game for pc, help me please.

xxoxoxxabel

Mar 17, 2016
Hey guys, so I can vaguely remember a game I used to play when I was younger.

From what I can recall, the game involved a shark (which I think would attack me) whilst I had to make as many squares as I could. I can't remember what my character was, maybe it was some other kind of fish, i really don't remember. But it was a 3D game, and the squares would mostly be on a large sphere which I could move around... I also remember there being quite a bit of water and maybe palm trees in one of the levels?

I would love it if someone knows what I'm talking about, even though my description is crap lmao
Thanks!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
xxoxoxxabel said:
Hey guys, so I can vaguely remember a game I used to play when I was younger.

From what I can recall, the game involved a shark (which I think would attack me) whilst I had to make as many squares as I could. I can't remember what my character was, maybe it was some other kind of fish, i really don't remember. But it was a 3D game, and the squares would mostly be on a large sphere which I could move around... I also remember there being quite a bit of water and maybe palm trees in one of the levels?

I would love it if someone knows what I'm talking about, even though my description is crap lmao
Thanks!

Live Wire! (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=346shtXB_4k

Mar 17, 2016
Hy, I also have 2 games that I have been searching for a while but can't find it
1-It's a pc game, top down view set in a japanese castle where you control a group of characters I remember there was a ninja a mage maybe a samurai class and you would go around the castle opening rooms/doors and fight monster samurais and save more characters wich you could then use . You could equip them with gear and upgrade the gear with gold.
2- you control something like a bug nest wich you can chose to evolve from ants nest (I think you started with ants) to a nest that had butterflys and mosquitos and you would fight other nests in a top down rts

RhyzOvO

Mar 16, 2016
Hey guys, im trying to find a game that i played in my childhood. Its a 3d side scroller and you play as a cute wizard or something, you can have another person play it with you and you can fire stuff to kill the enemies, i remember playing it on pc

Angie Ponyfalls

Mar 17, 2016
Hey! I've been trying to find this game for a year now and it's driven me crazy.
I can't remember much, but it's a game where you're a box monster trying to accomplish something by eating other box monsters, either just sides of boxes and adding those sides to your own box. It looked like a pretty old game, 3D graphics. I know that's not alot of information to work off of, but please help! ;o;

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
Angie Ponyfalls said:
Hey! I've been trying to find this game for a year now and it's driven me crazy.
I can't remember much, but it's a game where you're a box monster trying to accomplish something by eating other box monsters, either just sides of boxes and adding those sides to your own box. It looked like a pretty old game, 3D graphics. I know that's not alot of information to work off of, but please help! ;o;
I want to say it is an easy one and Cubivore on the Gamecube. Pretty well known though, so i'm not sure if i'm correct =s

ImMootant

Mar 17, 2016
Back when I was around 5 years old (I'm 17 now) I remember playing a RC racing game demo. I don't know how old the game is but it had good 3d graphics as far as I remember. It only had one map as far as I remember. The map looked like a skatepark, with wooden ramps on the walls and a loop. The game was very linear. Driving around and around with AI was the only option. There was a few options for choosing RC cars and a minimalistic menu screen. As you played the game you would run out of battery and have to charge back up. So far I have not had any luck finding the game. So far I would appreciate any assistance in finding said game.
NOTE: Not Re-Volt or whatever that game is called

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
ImMootant said:
Back when I was around 5 years old (I'm 17 now) I remember playing a RC racing game demo. I don't know how old the game is but it had good 3d graphics as far as I remember. It only had one map as far as I remember. The map looked like a skatepark, with wooden ramps on the walls and a loop. The game was very linear. Driving around and around with AI was the only option. There was a few options for choosing RC cars and a minimalistic menu screen. As you played the game you would run out of battery and have to charge back up. So far I have not had any luck finding the game. So far I would appreciate any assistance in finding said game.
NOTE: Not Re-Volt or whatever that game is called
I have Stunt GP on the Dreamcast, it's not very good though (imo).

troyrich

Procrastinating Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
HELP ME PLEASE! There are two people (woman) when the game starting one of them is cop and the other one &#305;s thief you choice one of them and starting the game in the game there are some cars w&#305;th equipments. What's The Name Of This Game?

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Novac George Sebastian said:
Hy, I also have 2 games that I have been searching for a while but can't find it
1-It's a pc game, top down view set in a japanese castle where you control a group of characters I remember there was a ninja a mage maybe a samurai class and you would go around the castle opening rooms/doors and fight monster samurais and save more characters wich you could then use . You could equip them with gear and upgrade the gear with gold.
2- you control something like a bug nest wich you can chose to evolve from ants nest (I think you started with ants) to a nest that had butterflys and mosquitos and you would fight other nests in a top down rts
The first game probably is "Throne of Darkness" (2001), basically a Diablo-clone set in Japan.
It's isometric, not top-down, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KinGN4Xhi8w&list=PLiYIX53LzPZxhjRAShFpY4NuWczktgseG