Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

rserling

Mar 24, 2016
Ivanov Sergey said:
rserling said:
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to remember a 90s PC game. It was a turn-based strategy game, much like Risk, but each country had a political or government designation. It was part of a demo pack of a bunch of games, if that helps. And was not as complex as SuperPower. If the country had the same political affiliation as you, they were easier to rule...
What else ... The game was played entirely from a map view which was black background screen with white borders and brightly colored territories. Or I just imagined the whole thing when I was 12. Thanks!
This may be Civilization
Thanks! It's not Civilization, but that might help me find it. It had more of a War Games look to it. A lot like this: http://www.videogamer.com/pc/defcon/screenshot-22.html

chuck1718

Mar 25, 2016
I am looking for a game played in the mid to late 90's. It could be older of course I played it at my cousins and fell in love. Well that was to long ago to remeber the title but this is what I remember. You had companions one of them was a dragon. They followed behind you on the map. The maps that i remember mostly consisted of grassy areas and some woods iirc. I know it might be a long shot but I would love to find this game... I am wanting to say it was on the nintendo you put the games in on top but I could be wrong.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
rserling said:
Ivanov Sergey said:
rserling said:
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to remember a 90s PC game. It was a turn-based strategy game, much like Risk, but each country had a political or government designation. It was part of a demo pack of a bunch of games, if that helps. And was not as complex as SuperPower. If the country had the same political affiliation as you, they were easier to rule...
What else ... The game was played entirely from a map view which was black background screen with white borders and brightly colored territories. Or I just imagined the whole thing when I was 12. Thanks!
This may be Civilization
Thanks! It's not Civilization, but that might help me find it. It had more of a War Games look to it. A lot like this: http://www.videogamer.com/pc/defcon/screenshot-22.html
one of the World Empire series perhaps?

World Empire IV (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=picGvCEBpCg

noxabsurtys

Mar 22, 2016
hi guys
The game I'm looking is a SRPG with very cartoony graphics a lot like saiyuki world on playstation with the top-down tactics like in Final Fastasy tactics. The main character is a little monkey in a red outfit traveling with a bunch of other animals. It was on a old pc OS like 95 or earlier. The game was in korean so I don't know what it was about. I think it may have something to do with the monkey king or Sun Wukong and his journey west.

HoboCop2021

Mar 25, 2016
Ok, here's one that's been bugging me for years.

I remember playing this game in the late '90s- I remember that it was set in a world where everybody was dogs. Like, everyone was dogs of different kinds etc. It was pretty bad early 3D graphics, and I vaguely remember that you started off with an ax and I want to say a bottle. I remember that you could throw the ax at a random passed out drunk dog in an alley, and it would stick in him but not kill him. I'm pretty sure it was a point and click, too.

It might have been a demo. I really want to say that it was called "Dog's Day" or Dog Day", something along those lines, but absolutely nothing shows up on that for a google search (and no, it was not Dog's Life or Sam and Max.)

If anyone solves this, massive thanks.

HamShanky

Mar 19, 2016
zharonar said:
Hey guys.

I'm really looking into one game that I used to play with a friend from ~2004-2006.
It was 1v1 one keyboard game, platformer, you jumped around little platforms, picking lasers, rocket launchers, shields, and shoot at one another, it had a snowy map. I really cannot remember anything else about that game, but I've been trying to find it for almost 3-4 years now by now and then, and can't get any clue about it. I think it has something with "R" in it's name, idk if they're makers or game name.
Halflife 1? Star wars battlefront 1/2?

morganafg

Mar 26, 2016
Guys,
PLEASE help me.
When I was a kid I used to play a game from that SEGA CD ROMs.
THe game started with a boy sleeping. He wakes up and you start guiding him through the city. The neighborhood has aliens\monsters.
It is a RPG-like game. You walk out of city too, open chests, fight monsters. It is quite hard to avoid the monsters.

I just cant remember the name of this game.
Please help me.

Thanks!!!

Stoogie

Sep 30, 2010
HoboCop2021 said:

I remember playing this game in the late '90s- I remember that it was set in a world where everybody was dogs. Like, everyone was dogs of different kinds etc. It was pretty bad early 3D graphics, and I vaguely remember that you started off with an ax and I want to say a bottle. I remember that you could throw the ax at a random passed out drunk dog in an alley, and it would stick in him but not kill him. I'm pretty sure it was a point and click, too.

It might have been a demo. I really want to say that it was called "Dog's Day" or Dog Day", something along those lines, but absolutely nothing shows up on that for a google search (and no, it was not Dog's Life or Sam and Max.)

Sure it wasnt the one where you point and click and you use items on stuff and you're a werewolf. gruesome/horror? lol

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
HoboCop2021 said:

DogDay (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDn5TsolfA

HoboCop2021

Mar 25, 2016
Stoogie said:
Sure it wasnt the one where you point and click and you use items on stuff and you're a werewolf. gruesome/horror? lol
Don't think it involved werewolves or horror. I feel like it was kind of an adult oriented game though.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
morganafg said:
Guys,
PLEASE help me.
THe game started with a boy sleeping. He wakes up and you start guiding him through the city. The neighborhood has aliens\monsters.
It is a RPG-like game. You walk out of city too, open chests, fight monsters. It is quite hard to avoid the monsters.

Please help me.

Thanks!!!
maybe

Illusion City - Gen'ei Toshi (1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CXilJIHAbU

morganafg

Mar 26, 2016
diablo rules said:
morganafg said:
Guys,
PLEASE help me.

Please help me.

Thanks!!!
maybe

Illusion City - Gen'ei Toshi (1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CXilJIHAbU
Diablo Rules,

Thanks dude but it is not this one.
The game design is more infantile, drawing of monsters...

I'm looking for this game for years... 😥

Vishonov

Sep 13, 2012
Ok,

I've tried this before and never got an answer.

The game is from I'd say early 90s (might be earlier, too young to remember) for the PC.

You had worlds you could travel to and you worked in two ways:

1. It was side scrolling fighting with your spacecraft a la zero wing until you landed on the planet to start your mission.
2. You landed on the planet and from a diagonal point of view (if I remember correctly) you could fight the baddies and collect resources/coins.

There were different worlds: industrial, jungle planet, etc.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the game.

Can anyone help?

Michael Delvey

Dec 9, 2010
I'm looking for this game where you play as a blue nija type person. To complete a level, you have to steal a jewel at the center of the level. You where being chased by the red spider-like creatures. I was on PC maybe 2000 or earlier.

dcm01

Mar 22, 2016
need help remembering a game, it was like castlevania, you started on horseback running from a black monster trough a forest, you had to jump over logs or the horse would slow down and the monster would kill you, you eventually get to a canyon and try to jump to the other side, its a hard jump and if you dont make it you fall on a river and lose your horse, having to keep going on foot, if you do make the jump you get to a gate or bridge, i dont remember what happens next
i played it on the computer, but i might have been a genesis or snes emulator

dcm01

Mar 22, 2016
Chris Duty said:
There's this game I use to play on PlayStation, where you were an animal and you had to collect eggs I think its not spyro but its like the year of the dragon one, and you were told what to do by this scientist and I think he had a big head.
could it be one of the crash bandicoot games?

Woulve

Mar 27, 2016
I signed up for escapistmagazine just for this question :) when i was very young (around 2004-2006) i used to play one specific car racing game from my dad which brings up many memories. But i don't know the name of it. I do know that there was one specific map in las vegas where you have to drive through a shopping mall or something like that (i think there also was a map in berlin, but i'm not sure) and there was a playable male character and he drove an orange car. The controls were kind of arcade-like. I know that's not much but if some1 knows which game it is i will give him a cookie ;)
Thx for halp,
Woulve

terkotor

Mar 23, 2016
I have another request for a lost game...
The game was a Mame 32 game. It was a platformer game like super mario. You were some kind of prehistoric warrior with a weapon like a bladed jo-jo. You fought enemies like goblins and pterodactyls and moved through various landscapes. I remember moving on a wooden bridge overlooking a vast plain with a waterfall. The game had many levels, i never quite finished it...