Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
LordDemonio said:
KronoxX said:
LordDemonio said:
Hello everyone i really need help on these ones,i tried to remember and look for these games really hard but the amount of details in some of these are really poor and i can't even think of a way to actually search for them.
The first one i remember a lot of details but i can't come up with a name:
-It was RTS
-It had different factions campaign,some of these were like scorpio things,another race was humans and another with mechs and blue soldiers
-A faction had these double barrel red-ish tanks that shot really fast

Second one is harder, the only thing i remember is that you had your flying ''rock'' probably a city, i'm not sure, and you had to shoot with cannons and other weapons the other flying cities and at some point there was a huge one i never managed to beat.

Third one i remember only the intro because i couldn't manage to progress in the game;
You were this martian alien thing with the spaceship and in the intro this alien starts to play like...space invaders i think and he plays so hard that he crashes on a planet,and then you gotta repair your ship.

Fourth one is really troublesome:
-You had a 4 wheels vehicle (or that's what i think)
-I remember a part where there was this ''toxic'' looking planet and you had to defend a nuclear station or something like that
-It was in 3rd person view
-I think you could do really weird jumps
-There were a lot of weird looking aliens and enemy units
That's all i remember about this one

Fifth one...i have no idea all i remember is
-it was a car game like racing i think
-i had a somewhat weird looking black and blue car
-there was a face cam like carmageddon with opponents being rude when you hit them
-there was a black haired girl (sorta realistic looking in that face cam)

If you know any of these please let me know,i kind of gave up but my curiosity to try them now is still bothering me.
I believe all of these were PC games or maybe Amiga but i'm confident that these are pc games,and also really old ones.
Thanks!
Okay, First one seems to be Dark Reign!
second one oh boy... How much time I spent searching for this one... Stratosphere: Conquest of the Skies !!!!! great game!
The fourth was either one of those Games that came bundled with my old ATI I remember having a few ships and they all handled awfully. Either that or it was MDK (but no car on MDK)
Oh wow it really was Stratosphere! Wow thanks. I have no idea how many years i tried to get game's name.
But the other one is not dark reign,i know that game. This game in particular was more like C&C.
All i remember is:
Humans had this double barrel red tank and the blue faction had mechs and there was a yellow faction made of insects and scorpions-like unit. Maybe there was a 4th faction too but i can't really remember :/
I wanted to say it's "KKND2: Krossfire" (1998) but the colours of the factions are not quite right.

LordDemonio

Nov 29, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
LordDemonio said:
KronoxX said:
LordDemonio said:
Hello everyone i really need help on these ones,i tried to remember and look for these games really hard but the amount of details in some of these are really poor and i can't even think of a way to actually search for them.
The first one i remember a lot of details but i can't come up with a name:
-It was RTS
-It had different factions campaign,some of these were like scorpio things,another race was humans and another with mechs and blue soldiers
-A faction had these double barrel red-ish tanks that shot really fast

Second one is harder, the only thing i remember is that you had your flying ''rock'' probably a city, i'm not sure, and you had to shoot with cannons and other weapons the other flying cities and at some point there was a huge one i never managed to beat.

Third one i remember only the intro because i couldn't manage to progress in the game;
You were this martian alien thing with the spaceship and in the intro this alien starts to play like...space invaders i think and he plays so hard that he crashes on a planet,and then you gotta repair your ship.

Fourth one is really troublesome:
-You had a 4 wheels vehicle (or that's what i think)
-I remember a part where there was this ''toxic'' looking planet and you had to defend a nuclear station or something like that
-It was in 3rd person view
-I think you could do really weird jumps
-There were a lot of weird looking aliens and enemy units
That's all i remember about this one

Fifth one...i have no idea all i remember is
-it was a car game like racing i think
-i had a somewhat weird looking black and blue car
-there was a face cam like carmageddon with opponents being rude when you hit them
-there was a black haired girl (sorta realistic looking in that face cam)

If you know any of these please let me know,i kind of gave up but my curiosity to try them now is still bothering me.
I believe all of these were PC games or maybe Amiga but i'm confident that these are pc games,and also really old ones.
Thanks!
Okay, First one seems to be Dark Reign!
second one oh boy... How much time I spent searching for this one... Stratosphere: Conquest of the Skies !!!!! great game!
The fourth was either one of those Games that came bundled with my old ATI I remember having a few ships and they all handled awfully. Either that or it was MDK (but no car on MDK)
Oh wow it really was Stratosphere! Wow thanks. I have no idea how many years i tried to get game's name.
But the other one is not dark reign,i know that game. This game in particular was more like C&C.
All i remember is:
Humans had this double barrel red tank and the blue faction had mechs and there was a yellow faction made of insects and scorpions-like unit. Maybe there was a 4th faction too but i can't really remember :/
I wanted to say it's "KKND2: Krossfire" (1998) but the colours of the factions are not quite right.
It is very similar but not the correct one,however turns out the game in question was Dominion:Storm over gift 3

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
Ivan Ivke Pejovic said:
Um hello, i need to find 2 old games. Both are kinda same.
In the first one you fight in space, you would have an spaceship and you control your ship with a mouse, and you gotta destroy enemy ships, there were boss battles i think and you could upgrade your weaponry.
In the second one you control an plane i think it was 3D or 2D platformer.Basicly you shoot other planes and they shoot at you it was very cool due to the details. When your plane gets hit you can see that your plane is damaged and you could see bullet holes etc.
Hello,

All these games take place in space and can be controlled via the mouse, only "Delvion" has not been tested.

- Delvion Star interceptor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6wlzZiAZIQ

- The Fourth Generation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46rZMs0v0NQ&feature=youtu.be&t=316

- Nebula Fighter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WitjkDCoy0k

- DemonStar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ND2hBfhGU

PandaMochiRice

Dec 2, 2017
I remember playing a game on an old pc. A laptop. I'm sure there was no console, but that doesn't mean the game was available on one because I don't know if it was. I remember bits and parts, but not the title. I remember it was based in an Egypt setting. It was set in a pyramid I think and you explore and find coins. I think you were a fox or some sort of animal. I also remember there was a part where those Egyptian black dogs would stand there unless you got too close. Or maybe they walked back and forth on a platform until you got close. I just remember they'd chase you. I don't think there was much violence, if any. If anyone has a suggestion of what it may be, please help.

Okke Bosch

Dec 2, 2017
So lately I've had 2 games on my mind.. but both of them I have only very vague memories of, if anyone can help, that'd be amazing. They are both on the PC I'm pretty sure.

1st one: a fighting game, I'm sure it had 3d graphics, but I'm not sure if it was in a 2D or 3D (sidestepping) plane. The only thing I really remember is fighting the last boss called "Red" or something. He was insanely hard to beat.

2nd one: a 2d side scroller (probably sidescrolling puzzlegame, never got very far) where you played as a guy who looked really goofy and he had a vacuum cleaner, you could also play this with 2 players, you basically needed to suck up a certain amount of enemies to advance to the next level.

Alatsha21

Dec 2, 2017
I have an old game that I cannot remember for the life of me the name of. I believe it was on PS1, but it could have been an older station. I remember playing it in 1997 as a kid. You played as a character that was kidnapped by an evil wizard. You could play with one player or two, a boy and a girl. I believe your character threw little balls or discs, depending on what you picked up, and you fought several monsters in multiple levels inside a castle. I think you had to open the way out and escape before you were killed.
I think it was 8 bit, and the players had to play at the same time without a split screen. I think it was similar in design to PAC Man in controls. Please help me figure this one out!

Svein Bakke

Nov 29, 2017
Hi. Please help me find this game. It's not that old. But I'll try do describe as good as I can manage. I Played it late 2000s

Browser game. It's a side-scrolling 2d game. It's a military strategy game, where you're supposed to defend your base (same concept as age of war). After completing different levels you unlock new units. The units are a lot of categories: Infantry (sniper, grenadier, machinegun etc., vehicles (trucks and tanks), Aircraft (2 sorts of helicopter and lots of plains), boats, strikes, turrets and specials.
The different levels were different difficulities, some levels you were only allowed to use boats, and some were only plains, some were both plains and infantry etc...
If I remember right the game was about conquer the whole map. You also got some points so you could upgrade your command and skills. The game was maybe avaliable at kongregate, but i ain't sure. Please help me. I need to find this game.

thank you for your attention.

Toddlez1

Dec 2, 2017
I played an old game in like 3rd-4th grade where it had this sorta green frog/alien looking thing as the main logo sorta. It was a math game where you went around taking down enemies in specific levels with multiplication or addition or subtraction, division etc. I remember the first level was this castle looking level and one of the levels was on like a spaceship or something. Would be really cool to find it.

Stefan001

Dec 2, 2017
Hello! I played a game where i was the commander of a blue base, which shape was a boat, and I was fighting against a red star base(the fight was in a destroyed city). The commander creates helicopters and tanks using the base ability and makes groups with them. Then he sent the amry to destroy the enemy. You can actually be an observer or play as tank or helicopter or even as a cannon(the base got some cannons). It is some sort of a strategy game. I played it many years ago. Do you have any ideas? Thank you!

Kamil Telega

Dec 2, 2017
Hi!
I'm looking for some sort of adventure game. Few things, that I remember:

- Isometric View (2,5 d?)
- Protagonist similar to Indiana Johnes
- Stones, temple (labirynth?), diamonds, snakes traps... Word "Rush" in title?
- logic puzzles like "moving stones etc...".
- Game for Dos/win 95. I'm playing it at 2000?
- Control by mouse?

Kind Regards!

cantrememberoldgame

Dec 2, 2017
Hi all!

Sorry for long post in advance! Not expecting anyone to reply but I'm looking for 2 games I played from a 'freegames.com' type of website when I was really young in the early 2000's. Both of which seemed very MS-DOS looking.

1st one:
-2D 2 player medieval fantasy themed Puzzle Fighting Game
-I'm pretty sure was called 'Golem Wars' or something similar (don't remember 100%)
-Players are given a randomly colored set of cubes which if you arrange into a particular pattern (by rotating a limited amount of cubes) spawns a unit based on the pattern, that slowly begins marching towards and attacking other players castle (life points) until they died unless confronted by enemies units.
-Cubes are eliminated upon spawning of a unit and new randomly cubes are given to player to arrange
-Units ranged from foot soldiers, archers, knights on horses, catapults, golems etc. (more complex pattern = more powerful unit) weaker units were usually faster.

2nd one:
-Single player 3D First person Space exploration game (No combat, just space exploration to my knowledge)
-Very similar to No Man's Sky, every star, planet, thing you could see you could travel to and land on, but you couldn't move freely there, just the animation of the ship traveling their at warp speed would play.
-Your ship was a simple futuristic 3D cube, but like a near flattened/1 storied cube, with window covering most of each of wall inside the ship
-The interface and inside of ship was very minimalist, very beautiful and well thought of game for its time!
-You could call upon other explorers in the game that I believe, would fix your ship or something? (was too young at the time to understand what was happening) you wouldn't meet the pilot of the ship face to face but just the ship would arrive and you could see it outside your window, and it was rectangular cube like your one and a light would emanate from their ship scanning/possibly re-energizing your ship or something and then it would take off. Was really amazing when it happened, really felt like you were alone traveling in space but their were people you could call upon, but only while you were in space to my knowledge.
-When landing on a planet you could freely walk around, some planets were inhabited by lone puma, lioness looking entities that would just run in one direction, they wouldn't react to you, they were more just for you to look at.

Though I doubt anyone will know these games, any help would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't find either of these games on any DOS game websites which might unfortunately mean they were just free games uploaded on to a website. But maybe I didn't use the right keywords hopefully.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulo Ravetuba

Dec 2, 2017
beefmeow said:
I had a demo of it on windows 98
It was a game where you had a base that produced bugs
each type of base produced a different bug (ants,spiders,ladybug,beetles)
the bases had specialized troops like some ants were fast and others were strong
the goal was to take over all the other bases controlled by AI
it wasnt a cartoonish game
there were a few levels in the demo version
It was an top to bottom perspective and you controlled armies of bugs
I believe it was real-time not turn based
you could highlight a group of soldiers and tell and click on other bases and they would go attack it
the bugs were weapons unlike regular bugs as well
like the beetles had cannons on there backs
and I think there was a sniper spider
maybe a machine gun ladybug it was that type of thing
I've been searching for it for quite some time now
I have been looking for that game for ages!
I apologize if anyone has already replied, but I can't find it.

I still don't know the name of the game,
I remember so clearly the way you captured AI and enemy bases. you'd have to damage the base with your bugs and when the base exploded, it would release this goo on the ground. and whoever captured the most would claim the base, then it turning into your color.

The units would not cost any resources, you'd simple choose from one of three units each base could produce and at different speeds it would produce them.

I remember one of the last levels on the demo CD have bees with blue like lasers, I'd use to call them sonic booms...

I also had it on a CD that came with a Portuguese magazine that had more then just that demo.
Can anyone please help me remember the name of the game?

Paulo Ravetuba

Dec 2, 2017
beefmeow said:
I had a demo of it on windows 98
It was a game where you had a base that produced bugs
each type of base produced a different bug (ants,spiders,ladybug,beetles)
the bases had specialized troops like some ants were fast and others were strong
the goal was to take over all the other bases controlled by AI
it wasnt a cartoonish game
there were a few levels in the demo version
It was an top to bottom perspective and you controlled armies of bugs
I believe it was real-time not turn based
you could highlight a group of soldiers and tell and click on other bases and they would go attack it
the bugs were weapons unlike regular bugs as well
like the beetles had cannons on there backs
and I think there was a sniper spider
maybe a machine gun ladybug it was that type of thing
I've been searching for it for quite some time now
I FOUND IT!
It's called "Swarm Assault" !
https://youtu.be/jW6HbNsMdy8

omg the nostalgia xD

Rotos

Dec 2, 2017
Hey guys, I am searching for a game on Windows, I played it on XP. It's topdown view, the walls were made of bricks, there were enemies, every level got harder and you needed to eat bananas to compleat the levels. You won if you ate every banana. It sounded like "hapchuk" when you ate one. You moved crates to get to bananas and if the enemies got you, you died. It's 2D. I don't know more, I played it 12 years ago, but it was the best game. It was surely made around the '90s.
(Sorry for bad english)

joenmuri

Dec 2, 2017
PandaMochiRice said:
I remember playing a game on an old pc. A laptop. I'm sure there was no console, but that doesn't mean the game was available on one because I don't know if it was. I remember bits and parts, but not the title. I remember it was based in an Egypt setting. It was set in a pyramid I think and you explore and find coins. I think you were a fox or some sort of animal. I also remember there was a part where those Egyptian black dogs would stand there unless you got too close. Or maybe they walked back and forth on a platform until you got close. I just remember they'd chase you. I don't think there was much violence, if any. If anyone has a suggestion of what it may be, please help.
Try "Bubsy 2". There where different levels in the game, one of them was a pyramid.

joenmuri

Dec 2, 2017
When I used to play SNES games A LOT, there was this one game about a man who wakes up in a morgue, scarying the hell out of one (maybe more?) person working there. The man gets out of the room, and that's where the game starts. I remember the city was a little haunting, silent hill style. I think there were zombies too, but I'm pretty sure there was a cementery. The game was seen from above (probably isometric view), the characters were a little realistic and nicely detailed. I think the main character wore a black jacket and used a gun.
If anyone has any idea about that game, please let me know 🙏

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
joenmuri said:
When I used to play SNES games A LOT, there was this one game about a man who wakes up in a morgue, scarying the hell out of one (maybe more?) person working there. The man gets out of the room, and that's where the game starts. I remember the city was a little haunting, silent hill style. I think there were zombies too, but I'm pretty sure there was a cementery. The game was seen from above (probably isometric view), the characters were a little realistic and nicely detailed. I think the main character wore a black jacket and used a gun.
If anyone has any idea about that game, please let me know 🙏
That'd be Jake Armitage in the SNES Shadowrun [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMXa28_mGWk]. =)

jakealope994

Dec 2, 2017
Hey guys, just hoping someone can help me to identify a contemporary arcade cabinet that has eluded me for years.

The premise is simple, navigate your ship through wave after wave of incoming enemy ships moving vertically through space. You can shoot and maneuver with limited mobility across two axes on the screen. Pretty standard vertical shooter except for a key detail: powerups in this game enlarge your ship, making you more powerful but also far more vulnerable to enemy fire.

The game is a survival based experience, placing large emphasis on timespan endured before inevitable collapse. This cabinet is also unique because it was designed fairly recently, maybe sometime in the mid to late 2000s, and travels around the world. Engineered by a very small team, I believe there is only one of these machines so it's exceptionally obscure.

I feel like it might have been titled "ship" but in another language, possibly Spanish or Portuguese as I'm pretty sure it is Central or South American. I have searched high and low and still cannot track it down so any guesses or positive IDs would be a huge help.

KelsoWearsPrada

Dec 3, 2017
Okay this is seriously a long shot but this has been driving me INSANE for at least a year now.
There was this game that I remember playing back in the mid-late 90's. It could have been made earlier in the 90's, maybe even the 80's but god only knows because i was about 4 when i started playing it.
it had the set up almost like a doll-house esque game, but the characters were small sprite like characters.
there were mini-games that can be played but i can't remember what the games were.
it was in mainly pastel colors.
i remember that you can move around the rooms and go outside, but on like a balcony.
i know it's not much to go on but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!