Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Anako

May 27, 2009
Hey guys! Does anyone remember a fighting game from the late 90s or early 00s, fully 3D, rather dark, where the training ground looked like a gridded box? I don't remember anything else, unfortunately :(

Shawnacy

Jan 19, 2018
Here?s a doozy because I remember so little details.
Game was likely pre-1990. I believe it was on a computer, possibly Amiga. I remember the story being about a kid who the instruction manual names ?B. Rick? (or some variation of ?Brick?) and the game was about him navigating levels that have a series of different strength walls that would need to be destroyed, or built by Rick to avoid and trap monsters.
I seem to recall that dynamite was involved... but I?m not certain on most of these details honestly.
Someone once asked me if it was the game Rick Dangerous, and I don?t think that?s it?
The only detail I remember was the ?Brick? name variation for the main character. Just because I remember someone saying ?oh that was clever?.

Any thoughts guys? Sorry. I know this is a tough one.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Shawnacy said:
Game was likely pre-1990. I believe it was on a computer, possibly Amiga. I remember the story being about a kid who the instruction manual names ?B. Rick? (or some variation of ?Brick?) and the game was about him navigating levels that have a series of different strength walls that would need to be destroyed, or built by Rick to avoid and trap monsters.
I seem to recall that dynamite was involved... but I?m not certain on most of these details honestly.
Someone once asked me if it was the game Rick Dangerous, and I don?t think that?s it?
The only detail I remember was the ?Brick? name variation for the main character. Just because I remember someone saying ?oh that was clever?.

That'd be A Mazing World of Malcom Mortar [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifWPnbVRI7E] (you play as B. Rick; Malcom is the lead monster). =)

Shawnacy

Jan 19, 2018
Midwoka said:
Shawnacy said:

That'd be A Mazing World of Malcom Mortar [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifWPnbVRI7E] (you play as B. Rick; Malcom is the lead monster). =)
That must be it. Thanks for finding that for me. It?s funny how I remember it having far better graphics.

AbrahamK2

Apr 18, 2018
Back in time, i played a racing game on PS2. It was really similar to flatout but it was different like there was many racers unlike flatout in flatout you race with 8 others. But in that game you race with 20+ players/npcs i believe. It had battle area like flatout too i remember im not sure tho. It was really fun racing game. Anyone knows name of it?

Anton Chupryn

May 28, 2018
Hello guys, may be you can help me)
I want to find a game from my childhood )
This was FPS for PC ~1998-2003 years.
I remember that you was begining at the night near or at the red cave, those were terrorist, that you must to kill. Start weapon were a sniper rifle, pistol and knive. I remember that you was dieing from one or two shoots, maybe the health was in form of green-->range-->red soldier.
Sorry, I know that is not a lot of information, but it's all that I rebember..(
However - thank you!)

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
Are you sure that game where the police chase you isn't Einhander? 'Cause you perfectly described the first level. Here is a link to make sure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwOgtnSxK0U. That woman you described is at 4:06.
MichaelK91 said:
MichaelK91 said:
Hello guys, boy, it has been a while! I am indeed back to update and add to my initial post on this thread. Anyway, about a six months and also a year ago I posted this post below, and do not know how to check to see if my post was quoted or not, so, I suppose I will repost it:

There are now three games I do not recall, but remember bits and pieces of. One was solved, however They were both Playstation 1 games, with the new one being a old DOS/MacOS game. And I believe all were on demo discs at the time I played them. Those games were:

One is where you played as a robotic tank that was olive in color, with steel color claw arms, and tank tracks for legs. The character had an angled, slanted front, and it was an arena fighting game.

Not solved.

The second one was where you play as a flying futuristic car where police were chasing you, prompting you to shoot them where they explode. At one point you near a billboard where a beautiful woman on it before she changes into a skull and skeleton as there is a laugh of a woman which sounds disturbing. At the final point of the level, you go against some green ship, which I always died at.

This one was solved. The game was called R-Type Delta.

The third game I remember was a game where you had a shotgun and were killing bad guys in brown and green robes with their faces hidden. I also remember the howl of a wolf. I have been suggested that it was HeXen, but this not true. It was on Mac, I believe. It may have also been on the Duke3D Engine or DOOM Engine.

Solved.

Can anyone tell me the names of three games? Thank you very much if you can. Feel free to message me or post it on the forum.

This was also between the years of 1995 and 2001.

Sorry about not updating too much. I managed to gather some info on some of the games from here and other places. So I thank those here who have helped me out. Anyway, the games I've found out about (with some I haven't asked about on here) so far are R-Type Delta, Damage Incorporated, Power Shovel, and Rascal.

The ones I have still not found out about are:

- This one being a old DOS/MacOS game. The game has some flying car in the future in a dark alleyway. And I believe all were on demo discs at the time I played them.

- As for another game, I remember them being some knights in a RTS-style game that you commanded, carrying long-shields that were a light purple-ish color and red color.

- And finally, again, this. The one where you played as a robotic tank that was olive in color, with steel color claw arms, and tank tracks for legs. The character had an angled, slanted front, and it was an arena fighting game.

Anyway, thank again, and happy hunting if you choose to look.

- Michael

zgames

Apr 24, 2018
I played game when i was young its a from saga/Sega Genesis game/or some kind of acarde game I remember the game stars out with a guy jumping out of tall building and first level is your in the streets and u have fight with is hands and feet. U first fight one cop then after that 2 cops after you one on each side. This all i remember cuz when it came to the 2 cops fighting me one each side i got creamed every time. If any nos of this game please tell me I would like out it ends by watching it on the comuper or place were i can replay it again. Thanks

CryingLung

Feb 10, 2013
CryingLung said:
I can't remember exactly when I played this game, i think approximately around 1998-99. Not very very old game, it was demo for PC, can't remember the name. About some elf - or wizard, I'm sure it had green hood and crossbow - or simple bow and arrow (it's not Zelda); 2D, looked like arcade, bird's-eye view, closed world, colorful... great paved hall, pillars... character moving in all directions, firing arrows, killing monsters (spiders I recall), collecting potions (not sure for what purpose) and keys to get in closed areas by pulling down the walls... It may be bad game, don't know, but I really want to find it because of strong nostalgic feeling. Appreciate any help, thanks!
I posted this long time ago, maybe there is someone who would know about this game.

I have another request: game looks very similar to Heretic, it is medieval-magic sort of thing, you are in some kind of castle, which is kind of open-world. There is crossbow if I remember correctly (apparently I have thing about crossbows) :D, there are potions which can be obtained from vendor trader, weapons too. I don't recall any monsters or strong violence as it was in Heretic. What i remember most about the game is that there is peaceful areas but you can trigger hostile behavior by shooting, and in that case traders would close themselves up and guards will shoot at you.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
CryingLung said:
CryingLung said:
I can't remember exactly when I played this game, i think approximately around 1998-99. Not very very old game, it was demo for PC, can't remember the name. About some elf - or wizard, I'm sure it had green hood and crossbow - or simple bow and arrow (it's not Zelda); 2D, looked like arcade, bird's-eye view, closed world, colorful... great paved hall, pillars... character moving in all directions, firing arrows, killing monsters (spiders I recall), collecting potions (not sure for what purpose) and keys to get in closed areas by pulling down the walls... It may be bad game, don't know, but I really want to find it because of strong nostalgic feeling. Appreciate any help, thanks!
I posted this long time ago, maybe there is someone who would know about this game.

I have another request: game looks very similar to Heretic, it is medieval-magic sort of thing, you are in some kind of castle, which is kind of open-world. There is crossbow if I remember correctly (apparently I have thing about crossbows) :D, there are potions which can be obtained from vendor trader, weapons too. I don't recall any monsters or strong violence as it was in Heretic. What i remember most about the game is that there is peaceful areas but you can trigger hostile behavior by shooting, and in that case traders would close themselves up and guards will shoot at you.
The underrated and almost forgotten "Strife" (1996) would be the closest coming into mind.

Mimoa

May 1, 2018
Mimoa said:
cristyro said:
Mimoa said:
cristyro said:
Mimoa said:
Mimoa said:
Hello.
Can you help me remember the old top view game?
It is top view and starts after maybe some car accident - you are a man (the police I think), you have a pistol. You are in a city. I think first puzzle was to shoot some gas tank to get on.
I think you have life bars and mana bars - later in the game you will find cards - those are spells - first is light- Then you get card with some pink laser spell -weapon. But maybe the best indicator: later in the game you are in the sunny city - there is an old man, church and the graveyard -and on the graveyard you have to solve the puzzle - get down all the gravestones with women names on it. The old man say it to you as a clue - Lay down the ladies...
Anyone? - There was theater too - lots of puzzles (and in the game generally) and cow slaughterhouse. You have just pistol all over the game -no shotguns, grenades, machineguns. And spells - on cards. I think there was QUEST in the name of game, but maybe not.
Graphically it was like Take no prisoners, maybe more colorful.
And maybe the first spell card was PUSH
Police Quest?
Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel started with a car accident: https://youtu.be/pS6SutfeDEU?t=13m33s
No it is not. Graphic was better 2000-2006? It was like: Kings road, Zelda-Ocarina if time or League of legends. Not in details but the style of rendering - "painted or anime" - cannot find the english word.
Cartoonish/cartoony art style? Handcrafted/handmade look? Western fantasy style?
Cartoony art style is the closest one. The year must be around 2000 ?... League of legend is closest to colors and render, but 20 years ago. Hud was clasic: I think 4 quick spells mana and life bars in the bottom center. The style was like: RAD Soldiers.
Found it: Sanity: Aikens Artifact

trust96

Feb 8, 2017
Hey, this is quite the shot in the dark but i hope anyone knows about this game.

Its a FPS horde survival game (demons, and other weird creatures) and the name sounds something like ".. in hell" but it isnt "No more room in hell".

There are 2 maps that i remember, one of them being placed on a old town (gas statio thingy?) that on top of the gas station there was a Grenade Launcher to pick up, and the second one was on some mine shafts where you could actually fall into a pit of lava.

Xavier Coulson

Jun 1, 2018
I remember playing a game that was kinda like clash of clans but instead of people you used these little orange aliens dressed in white and your enemy is dark purple and its a strategy game thinks its only on pc

Xavier Coulson

Jun 1, 2018
I remember playing a game that was kinda like clash of clans but instead of people you used these little orange aliens dressed in white and your enemy is dark purple and its a strategy game thinks its only on pc

Blueberry Rain

Jan 18, 2018
I played a game on pc where you played as a guy with black hair and a bright blue suit of armor
you explored large grey warehouse looking areas and killed bright green aliens with big heads
it was a third person shooter
please help me figure out what game it was

Gryphonheart

May 18, 2017
Anako said:
Hey guys! Does anyone remember a fighting game from the late 90s or early 00s, fully 3D, rather dark, where the training ground looked like a gridded box? I don't remember anything else, unfortunately :(
Try Last Bronx. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUcj6a70POk

Hew Yoong Khang

Jun 3, 2018
Hello everyone. Does everyone or anyone know a PC mmo shooting game from around year 2005?There are also meny kinds of guns such as minigun, dual pistol, 4-barrel rocket launcher and etc. Your character is hovering a board, together with many other players, shooting against bosses and mobs. One of most memorable map is where everyone starts from the graveyard and goes into the basement of the castle fighting against a Vampire Boss.

Plucky_Jack

Mar 31, 2018
Found the first game: Heavy Metal (1989) by Access Software.

https://youtu.be/8448U6rcNsc

Plucky_Jack said:
Thank God for this forum! Need help to identify these two PC games, it's been driving me nuts for some time now.

1. PC DOS game, circa late 80s or early 90s. EGA Graphics. It's a shooter game where you play as a tank commander or a turret commander and you're shooting at the screen using a movable crosshair (like Operation Wolf only the screen doesn't move, it's static background scenery). Your targets are waves of tanks and trucks and jets. Your main weapon is a machine gun (I think shift key was the fire button) and you can also fire missiles at the jets. You use the keypad to move the crosshairs and I think a lock-on square targeting reticle appears around the enemy jets. I recall the graphics were fairly crisp for that era (sprites). The game has no plot, just shooting at waves of enemies until your tank or turret is damaged and eventually destroyed.

That's all I can remember. Thanks in anticipation for your help!

Sarikasarika

Apr 5, 2018
Hey! I am looking for a game I played as a kid.. am about 7/8 years ago? I dont remember much, you were "something"(cant remember) and you jumped (walked?) up the tower from bottom to the sky, always getting higher and higher.. when you were going up you were collecting keys and unlocking something . I remember a lot of colours... and it was a tower and it was changing, the more you went up the more different it became.. and there were things you would step/jump on.. plz help cant sleep! Thanks

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Plucky_Jack said:
Found the first game: Heavy Metal (1989) by Access Software.

https://youtu.be/8448U6rcNsc

Plucky_Jack said:
Thank God for this forum! Need help to identify these two PC games, it's been driving me nuts for some time now.

1. PC DOS game, circa late 80s or early 90s. EGA Graphics. It's a shooter game where you play as a tank commander or a turret commander and you're shooting at the screen using a movable crosshair (like Operation Wolf only the screen doesn't move, it's static background scenery). Your targets are waves of tanks and trucks and jets. Your main weapon is a machine gun (I think shift key was the fire button) and you can also fire missiles at the jets. You use the keypad to move the crosshairs and I think a lock-on square targeting reticle appears around the enemy jets. I recall the graphics were fairly crisp for that era (sprites). The game has no plot, just shooting at waves of enemies until your tank or turret is damaged and eventually destroyed.

That's all I can remember. Thanks in anticipation for your help!
For the second game, have you looked at eg. "Muzzle Velocity" (1995) or "Red Ghost" (1996)?
Those were strategy/FPS-hybrids.