Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
platform(s): i can't remember if it's either ps1 or early ps2

Genre: 3rd person shooter RPG i think.

Estimated year of release: Early 2000's, possibly late 1990's

Graphics/art style: early 3D i think

Notable characters: player character is an alien

gameplay mechanics : i think you have a laser gun with multiple ammo types

Other details: all i can remember is the intro scene.

you play as an alien who goes into a big computer A.I room, they speak with you, then take a bunch of colored stuff, then the entire planet begins shaking, the alien barely escape with his life, only to see his entire planet cut in half and destroyed.

now on another planet you need to start searching for the computer for revenge, or something like that, i think. you have a gun on your hand that's attached to your back, and the alien sort of looks like Krypto from destroy all humans.

this is all i can recall.

any help is appreciated.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
platform(s): i can't remember if it's either ps1 or early ps2

Genre: 3rd person shooter RPG i think.

Estimated year of release: Early 2000's, possibly late 1990's

Graphics/art style: early 3D i think

Notable characters: player character is an alien

gameplay mechanics : i think you have a laser gun with multiple ammo types

Other details: all i can remember is the intro scene.

you play as an alien who goes into a big computer A.I room, they speak with you, then take a bunch of colored stuff, then the entire planet begins shaking, the alien barely escape with his life, only to see his entire planet cut in half and destroyed.

now on another planet you need to start searching for the computer for revenge, or something like that, i think. you have a gun on your hand that's attached to your back, and the alien sort of looks like Krypto from destroy all humans.

this is all i can recall.

any help is appreciated.
That is probably Terracon.

Reactions: Gamer5

Zylver8

Jan 16, 2021
Country
Chile
Hi, a friend of mine is looking for a j-rpg from the ps2, all he can remember is that it was like a final fantasy and the main characters were women

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Hi, a friend of mine is looking for a j-rpg from the ps2, all he can remember is that it was like a final fantasy and the main characters were women
Is he sure that it's not just Final Fantasy X-2? I mean, it's a Final Fantasy, it's on PS2 and it has an all women main cast.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Xenosaga?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmera?

Shadow Hearts 3?

Were all the main characters women? Was the main a guy but you had a large female supporting cast? Was it fantasy or future setting?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
he said that it's neither of those
Wild Arms 3 has a female main character, but the rest of the main cast aren't women so bit of a long shot.

Maybe one of the Atelier games? Those usually have female leads and lots of women in the supporting cast, but that's a trend that didn't start until the PS3 era. Tho a couple of the PS2 games do give you the option for a female main character, iirc Atelier Iris 3 and Mana Khemia 2. Tho they were also super obscure back then, so probably another long shot.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Mana Khemia had a male protag though, just also a bunch of waifus.

Also lets put in the Ar Tonelico series, those had a male protag too but almost everyone else were girls too.

Inazuma1

Professional Asshole
Legacy
Nov 18, 2009
Hell
La Pucelle: Tactics
Odin Sphere
Growlanser Generations
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Mana Khemia 2
Unlimited SaGa

Melancholi

Apr 30, 2021
California
Country
United States
Hi everyone . I've been trying to figure out the name of a game I used to play. It was on CD Rom. I'm not sure when the game was released, but I played it back in 2000 / 2001, on both my Windows 98 and XP machines. It was a puzzle-based game. It had the word, or words - Gem, Gem Stones, or something like that in the title. I'm pretty sure, but not 100% positive, it was point, and click style - similar to Riddle of the Sphinx. I believe, the start point / first puzzle encounter, was a cave, or cave-like room with stone walls. In the middle of the floor, was a wood-plank area, in the shape of a pentagram. There were lines on the planks, that made a 5-point star pattern, with different colored circles at each point. I think there was some sort of diagram, a clue or "mechanism?" on the wall, and lever(s) near the floor plank, that worked in conjunction with each other. The objective, was to get each circle to turn a certain color, I think to make a hidden door in the room open, to progress to next area and puzzle. I vaguely remember in another room, there was a grid on the wall ( yellowish-tan ) colored, with a drawing on it, that was mixed up ( slider-style puzzle ). Thank you in advance, for any insight.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hi everyone . I've been trying to figure out the name of a game I used to play. It was on CD Rom. I'm not sure when the game was released, but I played it back in 2000 / 2001, on both my Windows 98 and XP machines. It was a puzzle-based game. It had the word, or words - Gem, Gem Stones, or something like that in the title. I'm pretty sure, but not 100% positive, it was point, and click style - similar to Riddle of the Sphinx. I believe, the start point / first puzzle encounter, was a cave, or cave-like room with stone walls. In the middle of the floor, was a wood-plank area, in the shape of a pentagram. There were lines on the planks, that made a 5-point star pattern, with different colored circles at each point. I think there was some sort of diagram, a clue or "mechanism?" on the wall, and lever(s) near the floor plank, that worked in conjunction with each other. The objective, was to get each circle to turn a certain color, I think to make a hidden door in the room open, to progress to next area and puzzle. I vaguely remember in another room, there was a grid on the wall ( yellowish-tan ) colored, with a drawing on it, that was mixed up ( slider-style puzzle ). Thank you in advance, for any insight.
Do you remember anything about the main character? Species, gender, was it a 2d or 3d game? Or was it from the first person perspective?

Melancholi

Apr 30, 2021
California
Country
United States
Do you remember anything about the main character? Species, gender, was it a 2d or 3d game? Or was it from the first person perspective?
You won't believe this, but I just figured out the name a few minutes ago, found it on an abandonware site. It's called "Jewels," but the alternative name is called "Gems of Darkness," which is why I remembered the word(s), gem or gems being in the title. Thank you, so much for such a fast response, though. It's much appreciated.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You won't believe this, but I just figured out the name a few minutes ago, found it on an abandonware site. It's called "Jewels," but the alternative name is called "Gems of Darkness," which is why I remembered the word(s), gem or gems being in the title. Thank you, so much for such a fast response, though. It's much appreciated.
I'm glad you figured it out. Haven't heard of 'Gems of Darkness' or 'Jewels' so I probably wouldn't have been much help.

Actually I do remember seeing that game at the store, never played it though.

Melancholi

Apr 30, 2021
California
Country
United States
I'm glad you figured it out. Haven't heard of 'Gems of Darkness' or 'Jewels' so I probably wouldn't have been much help.

Actually I do remember seeing that game at the store, never played it though.
Hi, Worgen. Thank you, I'm glad I figured it out too. It was driving me crazy, lol. It's okay, I'm not surprised you didn't remember it right away. It was a long time ago, and there are a lot of puzzle-based games, with similar titles - especially the match-3 style games, with the word(s) gem and jewel in them.

You were trying to help, and that's what counts in my book. I had no idea, there was an alternate name for it either, and that's probably what was throwing me off too.

I remember buying it at the office supply store, Staples, along with the games, Heavy Metal FAKK 2, and American McGee's Alice for PC - both, are great games as well.
I have a question for you, though. I see your screen name here is "Worgen." Do you play WoW? If so, maybe we could play together sometime? I've been playing since 2007, and love playing with / meeting new people in game.

Aza

May 2, 2021
it was a pc game you moved blocks or cubes on the map to create matching sets and clear a path to a door
the character was a little girl using a magic wand to move the blocks.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
it was a pc game you moved blocks or cubes on the map to create matching sets and clear a path to a door
the character was a little girl using a magic wand to move the blocks.
Kinda of a needle-in-the-haystack, but here is a list of games that partially match that description. Each game has you moving blocks around to create and clear matches, but I imagine most of them don't involve clearing a path.

Reactions: Aza

Ndoki

May 5, 2021
Country
West Virginia
Hope it's okay if my first post is in here. This has really been bothering me.

A friend lent me a game sometime between 1998 and 2001, but no idea how old it was at the time.
I'm about 99.9% sure that:
It was on PC.
It was a medival fantasy RPG similar to D&D but solo (no companions if I recall)
It was in the first person perspective
It focused heavily on overworld travel with a day/night cycle and hunger
It was incredibly hard (I believe one of the biggest issues was starvation while traveling)

And most importantly, I believe the game started with you waking up on a beach at the end of a long rut, as if you had crashed into it like a meteor.

Aza

May 2, 2021
Kinda of a needle-in-the-haystack, but here is a list of games that partially match that description. Each game has you moving blocks around to create and clear matches, but I imagine most of them don't involve clearing a path.
the character was a little girl and you could mover her freely on the map, I think she had fairy wings as well