Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Hope it's okay if my first post is in here. This has really been bothering me.

A friend lent me a game sometime between 1998 and 2001, but no idea how old it was at the time.
I'm about 99.9% sure that:
It was on PC.
It was a medival fantasy RPG similar to D&D but solo (no companions if I recall)
It was in the first person perspective
It focused heavily on overworld travel with a day/night cycle and hunger
It was incredibly hard (I believe one of the biggest issues was starvation while traveling)

And most importantly, I believe the game started with you waking up on a beach at the end of a long rut, as if you had crashed into it like a meteor.
Did it have 2d or 3d graphics? Like were the characters pixel or 3d?

Ndoki

May 5, 2021
Country
West Virginia
Did it have 2d or 3d graphics? Like were the characters pixel or 3d?
I honestly can't remember the characters, or even how the game looked. At this point it's more a feeling that might be blending into other old games. However, I don't recall seeing any models, but it doesn't seem to me like the type of game that would have them. Sorry I can't remember more.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I honestly can't remember the characters, or even how the game looked. At this point it's more a feeling that might be blending into other old games. However, I don't recall seeing any models, but it doesn't seem to me like the type of game that would have them. Sorry I can't remember more.
I mean it might be one of the ultima games or those old DND games. I know there were a few fps ones and they are the only ones that come to mind that would have a need to eat mechanic.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
It could have been one of the Might and Magic games, they did experiment with 3D around that timeframe.

Ndoki

May 5, 2021
Country
West Virginia
I mean it might be one of the ultima games or those old DND games. I know there were a few fps ones and they are the only ones that come to mind that would have a need to eat mechanic.
It could have been one of the Might and Magic games, they did experiment with 3D around that timeframe.
Thanks. I'll check them out.