Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

Chopper1287

Sep 18, 2021
Country
Indonesia
Hello everyone!

I hope all of you have a good day

There are a game from my childhood that I want to replay again, I played the game when I was 10 years old, about years 2000 or 2001

I have trouble to remember the game, but what I remember the protagonist is a bug (kind of grasshopper that can attack by using some anthena with electricity on his head), we looking the protagonist by third person view, the protagonist walk by jumping, there are a square for every step (so the bugs not freely move outside the box) and the area have different enviroment like sewer, dessert, temple and high tech laboratoy.. the goal for every level is to find an egg and smash it (some egg have feet and walk away to avoid being crushed), the last level is we fight the final boss, the flying chicken at the arena made by square steel and some of the steel falling when the boss being hit..

Thank you for all your help, have a great day everyone!!

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I hope all of you have a good day

There are a game from my childhood that I want to replay again, I played the game when I was 10 years old, about years 2000 or 2001

I have trouble to remember the game, but what I remember the protagonist is a bug (kind of grasshopper that can attack by using some anthena with electricity on his head), we looking the protagonist by third person view, the protagonist walk by jumping, there are a square for every step (so the bugs not freely move outside the box) and the area have different enviroment like sewer, dessert, temple and high tech laboratoy.. the goal for every level is to find an egg and smash it (some egg have feet and walk away to avoid being crushed), the last level is we fight the final boss, the flying chicken at the arena made by square steel and some of the steel falling when the boss being hit..

Thank you for all your help, have a great day everyone!!
That is probably Zapper: One Wicked Cricket.

LilYoak

Dec 30, 2021
Country
Unied States
So, I HAD to make an account just for this. There's a computer game that I remember playing with my brother when I was little. I played it in approximately 2012. So, it possibly came out in the early 2000's maybe? It wasn't downloadable you just typed the name in the search engine, and it would take you to the website. I believe it was 3D and the map branched off into different pages. If you went left it would take you down that path, if you went right, it would take you down that path, etc. (You could go back down whatever path you took and take a different one.) (More like map sections instead of paths.) I believe there were only 2 options for characters which was a male or female dressed in bronze/gold armor. The scene I remember the best is of the "soldier" riding on the back of a fire breathing dragon and you had to slay the dragon. There were other monsters that you had to defeat along the way, and you could see other people also playing the game as it was an online game. I can't remember the name of the game to save my life but if it is still up and running, I would LOVE to play it again. It's kinda similar to Runescape but it is NOT Runescape.

gork

Dec 1, 2020
Country
United States
Also most posts in this thread go unanswered. I'd be surprised if even the old thread had more than a 5% success rate. There are a million games out there and there are less than a hundred people who still frequent this site and most probably don't check this thread. Suffice it to say that there are a few games we haven't heard of.
OMFG yes!
I had completely forgoten I even made a thread here god knows when. Reddit is...reddit but sometimes they surprise

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
So, I HAD to make an account just for this. There's a computer game that I remember playing with my brother when I was little. I played it in approximately 2012. So, it possibly came out in the early 2000's maybe? It wasn't downloadable you just typed the name in the search engine, and it would take you to the website. I believe it was 3D and the map branched off into different pages. If you went left it would take you down that path, if you went right, it would take you down that path, etc. (You could go back down whatever path you took and take a different one.) (More like map sections instead of paths.) I believe there were only 2 options for characters which was a male or female dressed in bronze/gold armor. The scene I remember the best is of the "soldier" riding on the back of a fire breathing dragon and you had to slay the dragon. There were other monsters that you had to defeat along the way, and you could see other people also playing the game as it was an online game. I can't remember the name of the game to save my life but if it is still up and running, I would LOVE to play it again. It's kinda similar to Runescape but it is NOT Runescape.
Adventure Quest, by any chance?

I remember it featuring a dragon and a knight in armor in its promotional images.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
What was the name of the isometric survival game with zombies that was really popular about 10 years ago? The only thing I'm able to search is Project Zomboid, but that doesn't ring a bell neither does it look like I remember. I recall you had to gather resources and build shelter all whilst avoiding zombies. I recall there were quite a few people streaming it or at least posting YouTube videos of it.

EDIT: I guess it WAS Project Zomboid. Never mind.

Mel

Jan 9, 2022
Country
United States
ps1/2 jrpg where reach a village you meet a archer that shoots an apple off your head, you decide whether to move or stand still. Then joins your party afterwards you fight a dragon boss not sure about the year. Played it on PS2, I believe it was a PS1 game.

Last edited:

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
ps1/2 jrpg where reach a village you meet a archer that shoots an apple off your head, you decide whether to move or stand still. Then joins your party afterwards you fight a dragon boss not sure about the year. Played it on PS2, I believe it was a PS1 game.
PS1 game called Suikoden 2.

The scene you describe happens roughly an hour into the game.

Scene starts out at around the 11:50 mark.

They team up and end up fighting a boss monster on a misty mountain, later on there's also a two headed snake to fight.

Last edited:

Revv24

Jan 29, 2022
Country
Philippines
Hello guys im trying to find this old gameboy game. where the protagonist is wearing a top hat and suit, and his face looks puffy.

if i remember it right at the beginning of the game he's getting married but the girl was like abducted or something then he proceeds to rescue her.

the only power up i remember in this game is the umbrella. he uses it for him to fall slowly.

the first stage of this game is like a street. he could jump on the electricity wires. another stage i remember is on the clouds.

I know i dont have much details but im just hoping for someone to help me find that game. thank you very much!!

Reactions: BrickTown

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Hello, thank you for trying to help mate. But it's not the game im looking for. I really appreciate it. 😁
What gameboy are we talking here?

The old black and white ones, the color ones, or even the advance series?

And gameplay wise, a 2d platformer I'd assume?

Revv24

Jan 29, 2022
Country
Philippines
What gameboy are we talking here?

The old black and white ones, the color ones, or even the advance series?

And gameplay wise, a 2d platformer I'd assume?
Gameboy color. And yes a 2d platformer 😁

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
Very early PC game, around 97-98.
Top down shooter, like smash tv.
Could be played coop
Premise: shoot stuff, get money, buy weapons and ammo between level.

Unsure: game name has "dog" in the title?

BrickTown

Feb 19, 2022
Country
Canada
On the Super Nintendo there was this game where you were a blue blob and it was a sidescroller action just like Mario but with more jumping puzzles. I would love to play it again!