Older Games That If Done Right Should Be Remade.

metal eslaved

Sep 9, 2010
FalloutJack said:
I don't want Soul Reaver remade. I want it FINISHED!

As for actual remakes, they should remake MediEvil 2, as they had done so with the first game.
About the legacy of kain series if i remenber well the main writer ended leaving the series and one of the main voice actors passed away so i think is better to leave the series were it is.

to be remade gta:sa just update the gameplay a couple of more missions and you got a best seller(pardon the english)

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Mafia 1 in Mafia 2 engine. Nothing should be changed except graphics.

And KOTOR in UT3 engine!

bader0

Dec 7, 2010
RiouChan said:
Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 7.
lol no that game was fun for its time but it did NOT age well, and im not talking about the graphics. the majority of that game is frustrating and to be honest kinda boring, not to mention the terrible characters. Final fantasy 8 however.........

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
captainordo said:
I think Star wars Battlefront I and II should both be remade/given an hd rerelease.
That would be so much fun
I would agree but with them you could just do a kick ass sequel.

My choice goes to...hmm...Final Fantasy VII. A predictable reply I know, but I would love to see a remake.

Chucker

Sep 3, 2008
"Hexen II" would be mighty sweet with current/next gen graphics. Had a hub level system which could be expanded with sandbox levels

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
Mirror's Edge, all that game needs is a really big patch, and possibly some decent DLC. If they cancel two im going to kill something.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
X-Com:Ufo Defense! It'd be awesome. Cuz Valkyria Chronicles proved to me that TBS can be modernized if you just try it.

(So just for fun, FU K2 for failing miserably and raping one of my favorite series.)

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
KOTOR 1 and 2 (2 needing the most work of course). Also Project Gotham, Ninja Gaiden Black (yes, NG has been recycled a few times, but a straight HD remaking, along with ironing out those camera issues would make a wonderful game).

A really old one: Megaman X (at least the first one, but the second and third, too).
And for a niche appeal: The Time Crisis series. A brand new gun and all the games in one.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Souplex said:
If "Done right" anything should be remade.
When done right, remakes honor the original while improving the graphics, and improving the gameplay with with everything we've learned about game design over the years.
The problem is that remakes are rarely done right.
I agree, anything could be remade as long as you keep the essence of the old game and just make it more "today-friendly" with graphics, sound and such.
I remember playing the remade versions of Monkey Island 1&2 and it was a fantastic experience. I remember not being able to get over the first one's original graphics when I tried to complete it a couple of years ago.

strider2u

Feb 6, 2011
Chrono Trigger, FF6, Hexen, and the original Command and Conquer games

Seriously, I don't buy new games (too expensive) but I would drop 60 bucks in picoseconds for these remakes

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Command and Conquer
Renegade
Might and Magic
Realms of Arkania
Wing Commander
Privateer
Fantasy General
Whale's Voyage
Kaiser

Guilherme Zoldan

Jun 20, 2011
I don't see the point of remakes if youre just going to keep it the same as before. I think if youre gona remake a game you need to reimagine it, not just repackage it in shiny graphics for the drooling fans.

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
lovestomooch said:
I want the first Half Life with up to date graphics and FAR better AI, that would be sweeeeet
http://blackmesasource.com/
It's not dead yet, and I've seen one of the leaders say (somewhere) that it would be out in 2012 at the latest.

lovestomooch

Jun 14, 2010
Dr_Horrible said:
lovestomooch said:
I want the first Half Life with up to date graphics and FAR better AI, that would be sweeeeet
http://blackmesasource.com/
It's not dead yet, and I've seen one of the leaders say (somewhere) that it would be out early 2012 at the latest.
I want to believe this, truly, were it not for the fact that their recent updates are listed on twitter as Jan '10. We can hope, maybe it'll tie in with episode 3?