On His Voice

AppleaDay

Jul 31, 2009
I didn't understand why people cared in the first place, I'm listening to him for what he says not for how he sounds.

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
Actually, I remember seeing some jive talk on kotaku that they got scuttlebutt from Ubi that they were thinking of yet another time period to Animize Desmond into.

Frankly, I think this is the best road to go. Yes, Desmond now knows how to shank someone, but to be honest, that'll only really pass muster if you live in the 15th century or earlier. Despite the rather stick-loving brigade of dummies you put up with at the end of AC2, I'm sure the modern Templars are well-versed in the use of firearms, and no amount of fancy shiv-work will help you against a brace of automatic rifles, hopefully firing lasers of some sort, given how this is the future.

So, my prediction is that Desmond's next foray into his priors will involve either something more modern (perhaps his own father or grandfather), or perhaps even a series of time periods as you go running about looking for more of the Pieces of MacGuff-o-matics.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Get well soon, then. I surprized everyone was so hard on just a slight change in your vocal patterns.

On a seperate note... Any recomendations on a good cheep headset?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is why the flu shot is important. It's also useful to have a backup plan in case something falls through.

Zombie Nixon

Sep 3, 2009
I hope that in ACIII we'll get a reverse animus dealie- they'll use the animus technology to bring back another one of desmond's ancestors to inhabit his body so we can play the game as them.

We'd get all the fun of jumping around a modern city without having to play as desmond, and it'd be an interesting twist.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
I did a ZP marathon once, and I remember my first thought being that he sounded differently in Heavenly Swords. Glad to hear the change in voice was a one-time happening (or maybe two or three times, but whatever).

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
These things happen.

May you soon fine an adequate successor to the 2.50 headset. I say "successor," because like any true friend, it will never be truly replaced.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
congratulations too all the idiots who though that someone's voice was more interesting than a game, you just ruined an extra punctuation for those of us with enough braincells to read...

*sigh*

who though they had brought in a stand in guy to do yahtzee's work for him?
thats just stupid...

one thing im interested in is why assassin's creed 2 is in the top 5, is it genuinly good enough to get there by itself, or is everything else this year so shit it just slops away and leaves AC2 one of the last things standing?

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
ironlordthemad said:
congratulations too all the idiots who though that someone's voice was more interesting than a game, you just ruined an extra punctuation for those of us with enough braincells to read...

*sigh*

who though they had brought in a stand in guy to do yahtzee's work for him?
thats just stupid...

one thing im interested in is why assassin's creed 2 is in the top 5, is it genuinly good enough to get there by itself, or is everything else this year so shit it just slops away and leaves AC2 one of the last things standing?
I'm surprised you find it so difficult to believe, he liked the first one a fair bit and said this was only better. The games are pretty high quality in general too.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
CaptainCrunch said:
Yahtzee, you should totally do an episode with MC Hawking voice.

All that video shows is
1. Stephen Hawking sounds cool when rapping.
2. Stephen Hawking is evil.

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
evilgenius134 said:
I have a £2.97 pair of earphones. They lasted me 5 years and were made out of the cheapest parts. They were unbelievable quality, bass was clear and not overpowering, treble had a high range and was accurate. The thing is about hardware is that it is pretty much all the same until you really go to the high end. You have to spend about £200+ on headphones before anything happens to the build and sound quality.
Um, no. Go and buy a pair of £1-£3ish headphones from Wilkinsons and then go and buy a pair of £30+ Sennheisers. You will notice a world of difference. Sure your £2.97 headphones may have been adequate, but that will be due to pot luck more than anything else. More likely though is that you've not been buying the right brands (Grado or Sennheiser rather than Sony, Panasonic etc) and therefore haven't heard the difference that decent headphones can make.

Saying that you have to spend £200 plus to hear a difference is just plain wrong. Some extremely high quality headphones are available for around £150+, and that's ignoring the decent stuff that starts at about £30.

It's nothing personal, but I had to correct you on this so that nobody here misses out on experiencing some excellent sound quality because they take your post as fact and stop buying headphones that cost more than a few quid.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Hope you're feeling better, Yahtzee. Here's hoping the cheapy-chips two-fifty mic's successor will do the job just as well as the predecessor.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Right now I'm waiting for CuddlyCombine to chime in here with a pathetic excuse for how they seemed so "high and mighty", because I thoroughly enjoyed the text-lashing Yahtzee did.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I really just thought it was a different mic- didnt hear any kind of difference in his voice from sickness or anything...
the man is still awesome