On His Voice

Jin-Roh

Oct 26, 2009
Hem...If Yahtzee lost his voice like Steven Hawking. He would end up sounding like him and all the hate about the damn American ascent he now has. Just like Steven Hawking you know. In other point why is it that something that costs $2 something is just as good as something that would be $100. And lasts about as long?

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
Does anybody else read Yahtzee's articles using his voice in your head, then imagine the ZP theme song at the end after you read it? This is pretty involuntary, also.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Captain Pancake said:
Well, I guess that shows CuddlyCombine. That comment did sound awfully condescending to be honest.
I do what I can. Anyway, he may not have sped them up, but he was still editing them. I'll admit I was wrong here; I detected the signs of audio-editing and assumed he sped the tracks up. My bad for not having faith.

And I happen to have a very thin face, thank you very much.

AkJay said:
Right now I'm waiting for CuddlyCombine to chime in here with a pathetic excuse for how they seemed so "high and mighty", because I thoroughly enjoyed the text-lashing Yahtzee did.
Not that I want to hold out on you or anything...

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Jin-Roh said:
He would end up sounding like him and all the hate about the damn American ascent he now has.
But wait....

He has a clearly British accent!

What do you think is American!?!

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hm... so Yahtzee does shower.

Glad to hear the old boy practices some personal hygiene, contrary to assertions from his Call of Jarez review.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I hope the dedicated conspiricy theorists are not put off by this Extra Punctuation. I mean come on people, if you believed earlier he used a double, why would this post make a differance? You wouldn't think he'd admit it would you!

I never believed it was someone else, but for those of you that did, we need a representitive to come up here and tell us what you think is REALLY going on. I mean that could be anyone typing Extra Punctuation....

Maybe real aliens discovered his space-adventure game, felt it came too close to the truth, and he's been replaced by an alien wig creature broadcasting from a shuttle in orbit...

Maybe the games industry finally had enough and sent someone to "disappear" him and The Escapist had to find a replacement to keep their most popular feature running?

Maybe an obsessed fan abducted Yahtzee and is holding him prisoner "Misery" style forcing him to belt out reviews every couple of hours for their cackling amusement since they can't get enough of him... in which case perhaps his change of voice was intended to get us to examine his review more closely to find the hidden "please rescue me" message.

Hopefully the conspricy theorists won't let me down.

-

Oh and honestly, for anyone who might have read this far, Yahtzee should do one of two things with his defunct headset mic:

#1: Bury it in his back yard with honors for outstanding service given it's value. It deserves more than the Kitchen Rubbish bin. It did help make him sort of famous after all.

#2: He should autograph it somehow, and put the "original ZP mic" up on E-bay and see if there are any fanboys or game industry dudes who will pay crazy amounts of money for it. Start the bidding at $2.50, put up a notation here on The Escapist... and well... see what happens.

Steven Colbert allegedly sold a pair of his old boots he was replacing on Ebay for a substantial sum of money...

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Mako SOLDIER said:
evilgenius134 said:
I have a £2.97 pair of earphones. They lasted me 5 years and were made out of the cheapest parts. They were unbelievable quality, bass was clear and not overpowering, treble had a high range and was accurate. The thing is about hardware is that it is pretty much all the same until you really go to the high end. You have to spend about £200+ on headphones before anything happens to the build and sound quality.
Um, no. Go and buy a pair of £1-£3ish headphones from Wilkinsons and then go and buy a pair of £30+ Sennheisers. You will notice a world of difference. Sure your £2.97 headphones may have been adequate, but that will be due to pot luck more than anything else. More likely though is that you've not been buying the right brands (Grado or Sennheiser rather than Sony, Panasonic etc) and therefore haven't heard the difference that decent headphones can make.

Saying that you have to spend £200 plus to hear a difference is just plain wrong. Some extremely high quality headphones are available for around £150+, and that's ignoring the decent stuff that starts at about £30.

It's nothing personal, but I had to correct you on this so that nobody here misses out on experiencing some excellent sound quality because they take your post as fact and stop buying headphones that cost more than a few quid.
Yeah, you speak the truth mate. Bang on.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I find I quite often prefer extra punctuation to zero punctuation.

I think I just like reading better perhaps.

Jin-Roh

Oct 26, 2009
Fniff said:
Jin-Roh said:
He would end up sounding like him and all the hate about the damn American ascent he now has.
But wait....

He has a clearly British accent!

What do you think is American!?!
I was talking if he lost his voice. Steven Hacking's machine has an American accent. Because it was made in America.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
I didnt even notice that change......a voice cant just change like that....

p.p: The latest ZP eps are back in bussiness there were couple that werent so great but its back on track now.

The1stMJC

Nov 27, 2009
Lol that he needed to explain his voice sounding off to everyone. It did seem to be the main discussion of the forums so makes sense still kinda funny.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Its a tad creepy that people are listening that intently when its not entirely noticeable, but at least it caused "So, shut your fat face." to be said.

RetroFlush

Oct 5, 2009
Just admit it Yahtzee. In some nefarious attempt to scive off work you employed some podperson/clone to do your work for you.

For shame.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Huh. I actually thought that Yahtzee's voice had been getting progressively higher pitch as ZP went on (listen to some of the older vids), and that he had realized it and decided to speak a little more naturally.

iNsaneMilesy

Dec 10, 2008
I agree she looked weird on a HD TV. I noticed this when playing it at a mates place. But when I got home home to my trusty old SD TV that has served me so well she looked normal. I guess the developers had trouble with the transition.