On His Voice

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
Funny how people made such a big deal of this. Yes I noticed it when he started talking too, but I find it hard to believe others found it that distracting! People even said it wasn't funny anymore... Just because his voice changed timbre slightly? I mean how is it possible for the to change whether it's funny or not? It's like if Stephen Fry got a nose job to straighten his nose... He'd still be funny wouldn't he?!

zBeeble

Doublethinker
Nov 19, 2008
Hrnh. I didn't feel the need to comment about your voice last week, but now I feel left out. It did seem as if it was a standin --- the vocal performance wasn't as polished as normal... but the sardonic wit was present --- so with the writing OK, I just let it go... :)

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
Huh, funny part is the other thread for the 'what happened to Yahtzee's voice' had either new microphone, being sick, and other stuff..

Woo!! Two of five weren't bad, woo!!

randkai

Nov 23, 2009
doesnt everybody loves the irony of yahtzee's fanboys (and girls)need to discus something as trivial as the different sound that his voice made on the Ass-creed 2 review. yeah bub, that puts everything in perspective, and also, question, had you ever thought or has it ever been mentioned to you a crossover with "doomsday arcade"? (besides the fact that they have a cute little reference on the second episode about "Adventures in the galaxy of fantabulous wonderment")

GumbaMasta

May 8, 2008
Could it be that AC 3 will have Desmond spontaniously jump into an ancestors memory without the help of the high tech gizmo? And not limited to male ancestors this time like it was kind of hinted at in the Altair sequence during AC 2? Or have everyone settle their difference with some malt and donuts and all laugh at those silly misunderstandings, coming together like a big family of misfits.

GumbaMasta

May 8, 2008
kboman said:
Wait, what? People seriously believed he'd hired a voice actor?! I thought it was obvious he had a cold, at least it was to me. My decision not to read the video comments feels better all the time... :)
Well, it was an episode about a game that featured outrageously insane conspirational theories that would make a moon hoaxer look almost normal. So that by comparison a voice double seemed almost tame. Personaly I thought UBI soft paid him to use his hypnotic baritone to subconsiusly make us buy their game.

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
let me be another one to say ZP guest-presented by Stephen Hawking would be STONKING GREAT.

o_O

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
I swear the best mics are the extremely cheap and the extremely expensive. Everything in between is surprisingly crappy. My best pair of headphones were $20, but last for a long time with decent quality. Then the cord got severed in an impossible to repair manner. RIP cheap-yet-surprisingly-okay microphones.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
Well I guess Yahtzee's going big time now, considering he'll be using a headset that cost five dollars. I'm pretty surprised people focused that much on his voice. He was talking about one of the biggest games of the year and most people were more intrigued by the sound of the review than the content.

Captaindan

Apr 14, 2009
To be fair, I immediately came to the conclusion that it was a new mic, and didn't post about it because it's not interesting. You gotta assume only people with outrageous conclusions are going to be the ones to post them.