One-Fifth of PS3 Owners Are Eyeing the Exit

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Any converters to the Xbox 360, welcome aboard! We have Halo, Gears of War, and a pretty damn comfy controller.
We don't, however, have Ratchet And Clank....

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the biggest video-game related fuck-up catastrophe ever?

pretty sure that's the virtual boy

I'm sure as hell not leaving my ps3 i just bought it 2 weeks ago!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Sony has to pull through this. They are the strongest console developer there is. They have to. They beat Nintendo to the compact disc, beat the 360 in terms of power, and escaped scott free from the blue back fiasco. Please Sony...pull through.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Captain Pirate said:
Any converters to the Xbox 360, welcome aboard! We have Halo, Gears of War, and a pretty damn comfy controller.
Or God of War, or Infamous, or Uncharted, or Sly Cooper, ETC.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
EHKOS said:
Ratchet and Clank> Everything.

I keep my old PS2 for the sole reasons of Ratchet and Clanks 1-3, Ape Escape 1-3, and Crash Bandicoot 2-3. I never got hold of Crash 1.... :(

The only true day the Console Wars will end is when Crash Bandicoot finally makes am ultiplatform game that is to standard with the classics... Twinsanity was the last vestibule of greatness in my opinion.

JackWestJr

Apr 9, 2011
What are you people talking about? Y'know that not one person in the whole world has reported any kind of credit card related dilema that is Sony's fault right? Not 1 person has had their info compromised and used, so bassicaly, you are all just sad the PSN is down :(

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
Tigurus said:
I will stay with the PS3
Mostly because I already spent enough money on it and the games for it are good enough for me
I don't like the Xbox360 (mostly because of paid internet & I don't really get wet by their exclusives)
Besides, our information is stolen, so it is too late anyhow. I doubt that this would never happen with Microsoft.

Still a pity and I can see why people would switch over other consoles or even play outside (<_<).
Luckely, I got my pc which pretty much has everything I need =D
Same. PC can hold the fort until the likes of Uncharted 3 etc come out.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
BrownGaijin said:
Meanwhile in PC land...

(clock ticks in the back groud)

You know what would be cool? Persona 4 on the PC. I mean it's not like you need a controller.

(clock continues)
*cough*PCSX2*cough*

It's actually NOT illegal because you have to use your own PS2's BIOS, which basically just means your PS2 is in your PC. Doesn't do anything crazy except bumping the resolution a tad. FFX looks quite nice on a PC, with initial/normal settings. Persona 4's the same.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
JackWestJr said:
What are you people talking about? Y'know that not one person in the whole world has reported any kind of credit card related dilema that is Sony's fault right? Not 1 person has had their info compromised and used, so bassicaly, you are all just sad the PSN is down :(
Actually, this is almost too true it hurts.

I had the displeasure of checking through PlayStation Australia's Facebook page. Reading the comments on there.. Wow. Pretty much the only complaint (and the cause of them trading in their PS3) is that suddenly they can't play online or do something using PSN. Absolutely no care for the identity theft stuff BECAUSE AUSTRALIA HAS COMPETENT BANKS AND SUFFICIENT SUPPORT.

There was even one guy that thought he'd file a class action in Australia BECAUSE THE PSN WAS DOWN. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

God, this shit takes time to fix. Just shut the fuck up and WAIT. PSN will be back online, all you need to do is notify your bank (hell, my bank does the job for me, they see anything odd, my card is blocked until I confirm/deny it. Banks: The way they're supposed to work), change your password on PSN once you log in or any other wacky info you've put in..

Done. No problem.

As my mother has stated (as she's fairly knowledgeable on this kind of thing), they're not likely to use ANY of the personal details. But then again, America's banks DO suck..

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
EHKOS said:
Captain Pirate said:
Y'know what made me lol the most about CP's post? The two games references are practically the ONLY console exclusives.. And they're just bland, dull shooters. Now, coming from someone who OWNS Halo: Reach (barely play it) and currently in the Gears 3 beta (meh..?), they're not exactly a solid reason to warrant a 360. Hell, the whiny, high-voiced preteens playing those games online are bad enough as it is..

At least the majority of PS3 exclusives are ORIGINAL and FRESH. I personally never bothered with Uncharted or inFAMOUS.. But y'know? I kinda wish I did, when they were first out. I just couldn't afford it. Last Sly Cooper game I played was a PS2 demo..

As I've said before, if Final Fantasy Versus XIII is released exclusive to PS3, I will buy a PS3. But seeing as it won't be online, I won't have anything to do with the fuckwits of the hacker community, trying to be heroes, when they're just being wankers.

I am still loyal to my PSP. I continue to want more Dissidia 012 DLC. I have yet to put in this code for Cecil's DLC costume I received from FFIV: Complete Collection.. Fuck you, hackers..

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I have a lot of downloaded games on my PS3 and a bunch of PS2 games and no PS2 soooo I guess I'll humor Sony's endeavors.

JackWestJr

Apr 9, 2011
Haha, yeah i reckon. Pretty funny that anyone would consider going to Xbox when they have to pay a lot of money to do so just to prove their point. Sony is rebuilding the PSN ground-up so it will have better security and (hopefully) won't get hacked, but if it does, then there won't be a security scare because our info will be more safe. People are so ignorant.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
I've got both consoles, but I haven't even turned on my PS3 in several months. I play all multiplats on the 360, because they're almost always at least a bit better on the 360.

The PS3's got a handful of great exclusives (my opinion, fanboys), but that's about it. But really, I'd just prefer having everything on one console.

figday

Mar 22, 2011
only one-fifth? tbh i was expecting more than that.

anyways.. to the one-fifth : GO PC!!

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
I was born playing Playstation, I'll die playing Playstation.

Plus buying a 360 for me would be a massive waste of money, there are no exclusive games or features that appeal to me.

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the biggest video-game related fuck-up catastrophe ever?

I kind of pity Sony. I feel like this might severely damages their chances at doing any good in future console races.
well, i guess if you say "Fuck up". cause nintendo went pretty bad at one point, almost killing the game industry as it was.