One Million Moms Want Same-Sex Archie Comic Out of Toys 'R' Us

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Andy Chalk said:
Unfortunately, children are now being exposed to same-sex marriage in a toy store.
I would have said "Fortunately", but hey.

This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand. Issues of this nature are being introduced too early and too soon, which is becoming extremely common and unnecessary."
Oh, how true...

Hhahaha i just choked on the pie i was eating!
jurnag12 said:
This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand.
*ahem*
They love each other. So they married.
This isn't rocket science, lady. What did you tell your kids when they saw your wedding pictures? Same story.
The only reason this would be a complicated topic would be if you specifically raised your kid to see same-sex marriage as something entirely different from a straight marriage, at which point the fault lies with you for being a narrow-minded bigot.
Also props to Goldwater for standing by his product.
My answer summed up in the very first post!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
JediMB said:
Andy Chalk said:
"This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions they are too dumb or prejudiced to answer properly."
Fixed.

And if the kids are too young to be exposed to same-sex marriage, then they're certainly too young for all other forms as well. Time to remove all the Barbies in wedding dresses and such.

Also, I'd like to plug a related short EGS Comics story [http://www.egscomics.com/?date=2012-02-13] that is about to reach its conclusion:

[/url]

(Don't worry. Non-magnet explanation follows.)
where is the next panel?

I now want to know how that turns out....

EDIT: its ok..I found it...it was actually pretty funny

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
I can't comment on how pathetically narrow minded, illogical, and just generally a bad idea this is because I'm shocked that anybody buys Archie comics. Seriously Moms if you're going to play the think of the children card play it on something that children are in any way shape or form interested in.

Actually scratch that I might be encouraging them.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Volf said:
Again, what about those of us that don't think homosexual marriage is the same thing as heterosexual marriage? Why should we have children's material deal with this subject if we don't want to have them exposed to it?
Then those people are bigots and they can be either ignored or ridiculed. Or both.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Ah oh my goodness I read the title as one million moms want sex toys. :O Anyways I guess we just have to wait until all the conservative old farts die out before we can make some real societal headway.

Guardian of Nekops

May 25, 2011
Volf said:
Don't see the problem, parents should be able to limit what their kids see.
In their home? Sure.

In the big wide world, where their censorship for their kids actually has to change reality to be effective? No.

That would be like Amish parents trying to convince the world not to use technology around their kids because it violates their moral convictions... they're absolutely free to say it, but the rest of the world is going to ignore them. And rightly so.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Guardian of Nekops said:
Volf said:
Don't see the problem, parents should be able to limit what their kids see.
In their home? Sure.

In the big wide world, where their censorship for their kids actually has to change reality to be effective? No.

That would be like Amish parents trying to convince the world not to use technology around their kids because it violates their moral convictions... they're absolutely free to say it, but the rest of the world is going to ignore them. And rightly so.
...and my response is for you to please go see comment #162

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
DragonLord Seth said:
But yeah, homosexuals and heterosexuals aren't equal, why? Because the heterosexuals give procreate and continue the species, faggots don't.
Heterosexuals give procreate? I did not know one could give another procreation. Fascinating. What's more? Bundles of sticks cannot "give procreate"? How greedy of those damn piles of wood!

But seriously: I think your comment shows us why intelligence is more important than sexual preference.

lion el jhonson

Jul 2, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
"These comic books are sold at the front checkout counters so they are highly visible to employees, managers, customers and children. Unfortunately, children are now being exposed to same-sex marriage in a toy store. This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand. Issues of this nature are being introduced too early and too soon, which is becoming extremely common and unnecessary."
Why? Why should it be too complicated for them to understand? If anything, this is a good thing. One, it allows kids to form opinions on things like this at an early age. Two, like one guy said at the beginning of the forum, it makes parents take responsibility with their kids and gives them a chance to let their kids know about important things like this in a (hopefully) logical and well rounded manner that doesn't force an ideal on kids that promotes ignorance and and an old and dead way of living.

That PC Guy

Sep 28, 2011
Oooh, the One Million stuck-up Cunts, adjunct to the evangelist propaganda machine for a more theocratic America cries foul again. NEXT!

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Hiroshi Mishima said:
I find the number of moms that actually are offended by this to be rather unbelievable, despite the current US population being over 300 million strong. In fact, this only further raises the issue.

Is one million moms even all that effective? Out of the entire US population, approximately .3% are actually offended by this? Seriously, "moms", get a little perspective.

And as a couple people have already said, there are FAR worse toys out there. Don't get me started on the shit those "Bratz" represent, either. We've got products in toy stores showing girls how to become whores, and they're worried about a gods-damned comic, which many children don't even read?

I thought Archie stopped being popular amongst kids years ago. I never knew anyone who read it when I was growing up, and most of the people I know who read it now are adults, anyways.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if these "moms" want to protect their children, maybe they could start by raising them instead of getting angry at everything which doesn't conform to their biased or prejudiced world views. Either way, the kids are going to form their own opinions about stuff. And if these parents get so damned uppity cause a guy is holding hands with another guy, that kid might take offense to it as well cause their mother and/or father reacts so negatively around it.

This is probably one of the worst things parents can ***** about, cause it means many of the KIDS will, too.
One Million Moms has around 40.000 Members. So 0,4% would be more fitting.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'm sure it's been posted a dozen times already, but I'm with Louis CK, in that 'so two people in love should stop doing stuff, because you don't want to talk to your shitty kid? fuck you.'

I don't like celery, but I don't protest supermarkets demanding it's placed under the counter so those filthy celery freaks have to ask for it.

Mysticgamer

Apr 14, 2009
Abedeus said:
Your kids can't understand something? Why should I care, they're your fucking idiot kids.

Tell them that adults sometimes fall in love, and it's not their choice who they fall in love with. Someone can love women, and someone can love men. Some love both indiscriminately. And it's wonderful that they can find happiness without being oppressed by dickheads.

Lost In The Void said:
I think this sums it up nicely

That man is right on so many levels.
gentlemanghost said:
Hell, I'm surprised some religious nuts haven't complained about KISS meets Archie (which actually sounds just as awesome as the Punisher meets Archie)....and those issues are sold at TRU, too!
I don't know why they're worried about this comic, if the Punisher isn't aloud to kill anybody in Riverdale you know Kevin and his parter arn't going to do anything in the comic.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
I only saw the first half of the headline and read it as "One Million Moms want some sex". I am disappoint.

Seriously though, what does it take for a group to be officially considered a "hate group"? Because I'd say they qualify.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
There is no controversy, it is a natural phenomenon, they can change their sexuality as much as you can change your species. Hate for something which cannot be changed is pointless, so is "disagreeing" with it and sticking your head (and your kids') in the sand /thread

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Bigotry and intolerance are far worse traits to expose a child to than homosexuality ever could be.​
I wanna kiss you after reading that X

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Zen Toombs said:
Andy Chalk said:
As I've said before, Riverdale is a safe, welcoming place that does not judge anyone. It's an idealized version of America that will hopefully become reality someday,"
This is our home. But make no mistake - America is not a country of peace and love. They say it's a wasteland, that it's dangerous, that only a fool would search for something of value here.
You've probably gotten this a lot since you posted, but allow me to repeat it:

OT: I didn't know there were an entire million female Rick Santorum supporters. Well, I suppose it's not my place to judge: I've never been a mother. Though, I have made incredibly offensive comments about people who weren't like me before, and I know that I was stupid to do it, even if I was at the end of my fuse at the time. Did a homosexual constantly bully you through your entire schooling years? Did they burn your cat and post a video on Youtube set to music from Doom? No? Then why hate?