Operation: Goliath (N7 Challenge weekend)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Cool, challenges are always good i think. Remember Halo: Reach? Daily challenges were a really good idea. Even if 9 times out of 10 they were just variations on kill X of Y.

Killing Brutes is no problem though, unless it has to be on Silver. Or is that Silver challenge a different thing altogether?

Anyway my point is at least it's not kill one million Banshees /trollface.jpg. I have no doubt that Banshees are gonna come later though if they plan on continuing the themed challenges.

Wow I hope they have a weekend where it's all Banshees all the time. Like the occasional Sires only Horde matches in Gears 2. Might have to mute the TV though. They're loud cunts already without ten of them on screen at once.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I just discovered that Brutes have an insta-kill move as well. I've been charging them this long, and it works very well (with the stagger effect and all). Then I did it just now and it picked me up and squished me. I wonder why it never happened before. Too many insta-kill attacks, though.

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
Finally beat Reapers on silver. On Firebase Reactor too which is my least favourite map and the hardest one imo. Stasis was the only thing keeping me alive :p

A lot of people are doing this challenge. If I search for a game with no filters on, most of the time its Reapers on Silver.

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Killing Brutes is no problem though, unless it has to be on Silver. Or is that Silver challenge a different thing altogether?
You have to beat Reapers on Silver once in order to qualify for the reward (Only one person really has to be extracted and everyone in the squad still qualifies)
You can still kill brutes in bronze though.

PaganAxe

Jan 30, 2012
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Rawne1980 said:
Xbox 360 or PC
Have a middle finger PS3 players.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Never been so glad that I DON'T have one. They really seem to get shafted quite a bit these days.
But PS3 owners just got Tales of Graces f. So it's cool.
Hmmm...

Nope, not cool by me. I hope they do something in the future to compensate.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Czaran said:
The Wykydtron said:
You have to beat Reapers on Silver once in order to qualify for the reward (Only one person really has to be extracted and everyone in the squad still qualifies)
You can still kill brutes in bronze though.
God, I am so sure that my team would have to carry me through Silver, unless that Spike Thrower shotgun is good? What a great idea to save for the Spectre pack instead of spamming Recruit to get sniper upgrades :(

I've seen the Widow in action though. It basically two shots Brutes on Bronze. Do want.

And thank god you don't need to actually live to get that Silver reward. It'd be L4D on Expert all over again... I spent at least 6 hours on Swamp Fever in L4D2 (plus countless failed attempts before that.) Got on the boat, started to cover my friend as he ran for it, he got on. Teamkilled. Boat instantly leaves with my dead body on it. Rage.

The best part? She meant to kill my friend instead of me. Fuckin' stupid asshole!

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
Ugh I've been having a bad time in matches this weekend. What idiot uses a missile launcher on the first brute that spawns.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
I wouldn't mind joining you on the 360 front. While getting one of the four N7 weapons isn't very alluring, having gotten the Collectors Edition, I would like to step up and go into silver. So, for those of you willing to risk having a relatively high-level Quarian Infiltrator (around 17-18 or so), who likes assault rifles and plays almost exclusively on Bronze, look me up.

Gamertag is the same as my username here, Texas Joker 52. Send me a friend request or a message saying you were from the Escapist, and I'll see if I can join! Just to warn those of you who do, though, while I might be capable on Bronze, I might be more hindrance than help on Silver. But, I want to try if nothing else.

[CAPTCHA] - fair play. The Captchas are getting smarter...

Sep 14, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
I do hope they do these occasional weekend things. Should be fun.
Also guys, remember that your own rockets do nothing to you. If you're getting swarmed by banshees just aim at your feet and everything hostile DIES.
i was worried about that, i wanted to do it yesterday but by normal logic, and most video game logic, anything that YOU the player fire, can in fact hurt you...

that banshee/brute combo would've been so much easier to have taken down..

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Ham Blitz said:
ChromaticWolfen said:
I look forward to fighting Reaper forces this weekend. Killing 1'000'000 brutes seems improbable.
They released some stats of people on the multiplayer yesterday and as of then, they already had over 1800 years of gameplay in multiplayer apparently. I feel like with the amount of people it took to make that happen, 1,000,000 collective brutes won't be too hard, especially since silver sends them by the boatload.

Also, I would like to note that I love these weekend challenge ideas and I wouldn't mind working with anybody on xbox to try and beat it again (I've already done it but it is kind of fun).
My gamertag is my name here.
In my experience, a match tends to be somewhere in the 20 minute range. At the rate, with my crappy math, 1800 years of gameplay works out to 47,304,000 matches. Divide by 4 assuming full squads, and even if it's a good deal over 20 minutes you're still looking at 1,000,000 Brutes being pretty damn likely.

As for me, checked this one off the list last night, looking forward to the reward :) And as a side note, things get pretty easy when your entire squad is Infiltrators, the constant cloaking of every player really messes up the AI deciding who to attack.

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
And as a side note, things get pretty easy when your entire squad is Infiltrators, the constant cloaking of every player really messes up the AI deciding who to attack.
Haha I ended up in a game where we were all engineers fighting geth. They didn't stand a chance.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Czaran said:
Ugh I've been having a bad time in matches this weekend. What idiot uses a missile launcher on the first brute that spawns.
UGH, I hate that. It's like these idiots have never heard of "target priority". Not to mention Brutes are SUPER easy to kite around as an Adept.
akibawall95 said:
I am actually finding this operation to be significantly harder than I first believed.
I was thinking the same at first, but then I got REALLY good at spaming Biotic Explosions. Now I can kill a Ravager or a Brute in two Biotic Combos. Still have an issue with Marauders though...

Biggest issue I'm seeing is REALLY low level players trying to jump in on the event and dragging down the whole team. You wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten paired up with people with N7 ranks in the single digits...

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
Jitters Caffeine said:
Czaran said:
UGH, I hate that. It's like these idiots have never heard of "target priority". Not to mention Brutes are SUPER easy to kite around as an Adept.
akibawall95 said:
I am actually finding this operation to be significantly harder than I first believed.
I was thinking the same at first, but then I got REALLY good at spaming Biotic Explosions. Now I can kill a Ravager or a Brute in two Biotic Combos. Still have an issue with Marauders though...

Biggest issue I'm seeing is REALLY low level players trying to jump in on the event and dragging down the whole team. You wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten paired up with people with N7 ranks in the single digits...
That's a good strategy but right before I heard about the operation I promoted my biotic character! Now I am trying to level up my new character as much as I can before the operation expires. Thanks for the tips though!

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
akibawall95 said:
That's a good strategy but right before I heard about the operation I promoted my biotic character! Now I am trying to level up my new character as much as I can before the operation expires. Thanks for the tips though!
The Warp/Shockwave combo Human Adepts have MURDER Ravagers and Brutes. Just stay behind cover with Ravagers and keep out of reach of those ever so troublesome Brutes and you'll melt them.

Dec 14, 2009
I've only managed to complete a silver reaper level once, in about 3 days.

I keep getting teamed up with morons who either run off on their own or have no idea which enemies are priorities.

See that Banshee? Yeah, she'll fuck us up if she gets too close, so stop shooting at the bloody marauders and cannibals and everyone concentrate fire on the walking death machine.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Any PC players here? 20 Krogan Soldier- Proffesional Banshee killer lookin' fer company. (Cant actually kill banshees. But people tend to take you along if you say you can)

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
eventhorizon525 said:
Anyone out there doing this on PC? Wouldn't mind some set people that we can get a plan going.
I'm gonna be playing a bit intermittently as a break from reviewing for my Bio final. Origin ID is yoda112358.