Operation: Goliath (N7 Challenge weekend)

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Just tried it for the first time with a squad of three.

Nailed it! It wasn't even that difficult. There were a couple of hairy moments around wave 8, but our infiltrator was able to revive our downed squadmates without being shot at.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I've only managed to complete a silver reaper level once, in about 3 days.

I keep getting teamed up with morons who either run off on their own or have no idea which enemies are priorities.

See that Banshee? Yeah, she'll fuck us up if she gets too close, so stop shooting at the bloody marauders and cannibals and everyone concentrate fire on the walking death machine.
A Salarian Engie can solo a Banshee pretty well, even if she doesn't take the decoy bait. Energy Drain takes down her barriers and restores your shields. Incinerate decimates her armor.

Engies are equipped to handle pretty much every situation. I think I've started to like them better than Vanguards (I feel dirty saying that...).

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
I hate fighting reapers, why can't the challenge be Cerberus?

Also is it just me or does the soldier class suck? I don't seem to have anything to deal with armor, shields or barriers. I mean I know I'm not very good but I didn't think I was that bad.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Blazing Steel said:
This is awesome I can't wait to go pl- Wait no PS3? Well Fuck You BioWare. God damn it, I want to swear that I'll never buy a game by you again, but your games are so fun... :(.
It seems like they've been trying to find out how good they are at pissing people off recently.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
number2301 said:
I hate fighting reapers, why can't the challenge be Cerberus?

Also is it just me or does the soldier class suck? I don't seem to have anything to deal with armor, shields or barriers. I mean I know I'm not very good but I didn't think I was that bad.
I hate them too... But if you want to believe the rumors like I do, there's a free DLC coming that's bringing TONS of new stuff to multiplayer.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Tayh said:
Blazing Steel said:
This is awesome I can't wait to go pl- Wait no PS3? Well Fuck You BioWare. God damn it, I want to swear that I'll never buy a game by you again, but your games are so fun... :(.
Blame Sony, they're the one's preventing this from happening on your console.
Source? Cause all I can find is due to 'technical problems' which makes me think it's BioWare causing the problem.

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
Blazing Steel said:
Tayh said:
Blazing Steel said:
Blame Sony, they're the one's preventing this from happening on your console.
Source? Cause all I can find is due to 'technical problems' which makes me think it's BioWare causing the problem.
From the Operation Goliath forum post on the ME3 Forums

THIS CHALLENGE IS ONLY IN EFFECT ON XBOX 360 AND PC. Unfortunately we are unable to extend the N7 Challenge Weekend to the PlayStation 3. We continue to work with Sony to have them enable our ability to run these types of events on their platform.?
Seems like they can't track data like the other platforms via the "share data" option so regardless of how many Brutes PS3 users kill they have no way of seeing it.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I've only managed to complete a silver reaper level once, in about 3 days.

I keep getting teamed up with morons who either run off on their own or have no idea which enemies are priorities.

See that Banshee? Yeah, she'll fuck us up if she gets too close, so stop shooting at the bloody marauders and cannibals and everyone concentrate fire on the walking death machine.
A Salarian Engie can solo a Banshee pretty well, even if she doesn't take the decoy bait. Energy Drain takes down her barriers and restores your shields. Incinerate decimates her armor.

Engies are equipped to handle pretty much every situation. I think I've started to like them better than Vanguards (I feel dirty saying that...).
us engineers are pretty awesome, chain spam overload for the geth, incinerate for armor or general damage, and combat drone to kite the brutes or banshees...

now if only they'll let me unlock the bloody asari vanguard and drell adept, i'll be happy -_-

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
I got the game sunday and when I got online my friends drafted me into service, now as I read I see that I needed to enable data tracking. Does anyone know if this is default on or did I miss out?

Haxxle

Jan 14, 2011
*GLARES* Reapers...Grrr. The one enemy faction which I cannot stand since they are mostly up in your face especially the Banshees (in otherwords, the Phantom on steroids incranate). At least I managed to beat the whole silver challenge doo-dad at the tenth try. Has anyone noticed that the 'floodgates' really open up on the tenth wave? Anyway, I hope it was all worth it come tuesday.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Bloodtrozorx said:
I got the game sunday and when I got online my friends drafted me into service, now as I read I see that I needed to enable data tracking. Does anyone know if this is default on or did I miss out?
Go to Options, check the Online tab.
Data tracking is enabled by default.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
Tayh said:
Bloodtrozorx said:
Go to Options, check the Online tab.
Data tracking is enabled by default.
Thank you, I read the info this morning but sadly I am currently chained to my cubicle so I could not check.

So my Brute kills counted. Sweet.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Well that was a a fun weekend, anyone else got the accomplishment finished?

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Haxxle said:
*GLARES* Reapers...Grrr. The one enemy faction which I cannot stand since they are mostly up in your face especially the Banshees (in otherwords, the Phantom on steroids incranate). At least I managed to beat the whole silver challenge doo-dad at the tenth try. Has anyone noticed that the 'floodgates' really open up on the tenth wave? Anyway, I hope it was all worth it come tuesday.
I've gotten accustomed to fighting them now. I usually HATE fighting them if I'm playing an enemy rotation because any character built to deal with Cerberus or Geth is going to suck against Reapers. But I've actually found that Human Adept is REALLY good against them. The Warp/Shockwave combo will melt a Brute or Ravager in two combos and it gives you breathing room against Banshees. Singularity is GREAT against the Cannibals and Husks. Only real issue I have is with Marauders because of their Shields and their penchant for dodging.

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
Jitters Caffeine said:
Haxxle said:
I've gotten accustomed to fighting them now. I usually HATE fighting them if I'm playing an enemy rotation because any character built to deal with Cerberus or Geth is going to suck against Reapers. But I've actually found that Human Adept is REALLY good against them. The Warp/Shockwave combo will melt a Brute or Ravager in two combos and it gives you breathing room against Banshees. Singularity is GREAT against the Cannibals and Husks. Only real issue I have is with Marauders because of their Shields and their penchant for dodging.
Yep yep. I invested all points so far into power damage and biotic combo damage on my adept, just to fight brutes. It's a lot of fun playing with other adepts too, because they just warp while you shockwave, killing anything exessivly fast.

In one game all four of us were adepts, we took down a banshee in literally 15 seconds.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
boag said:
Yep, although it took a lot more effort than I really would have expected.

Perhaps I was unlucky in the matchmaking process, but I kept getting put into groups that either didn't go for objectives at all or were simply unable to get past the fifth or sixth wave. Lots of people bringing in unleveled characters, level I firearms with no mods on them, never using their Medi-Gels or missile launchers...

Ugh. On more than one occasion I felt like I was being trolled.

I wonder if we managed to kill the million Brutes, though.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
boag said:
Oh I was having so much fun, killing brutes and banshee's, then 20 seconds till extraction...

you have lost your connecting to the EA server...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
putowtin said:
boag said:
Oh I was having so much fun, killing brutes and banshee's, then 20 seconds till extraction...

you have lost your connecting to the EA server...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I had something like this happen. 0:00 seconds til extraction... The host disconnected...

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/19/operation-goliath-success-2/

So apparantly we killed over 3 million brutes. Sweet.