Operation: Goliath (N7 Challenge weekend)

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
Admiral Hackett said:
...they are stories of engineers with their fingers shot off, hacking mainframes with the stumps...
Whatever you say Hackett xD

But yay, I get rewarded. I'm glad because I just played for the past hour and a half for a spectre pack and guess what it gave me? The 2 EXACT SAME effing guns from the last spectre pack I bought. I did unlock a power reset card though which allowed me to correct my salarian infiltrator.

Captcha: "Be nice"

lemiel14n3

happiness is a warm gun
Mar 18, 2010
I like the idea behind Operation Goliath, As Yahtzee said, one of the big problems of multiplayer is that people tend to lose interest a few months after release. Challenges like this could go a long way to helping prevent this. Especially since the Mass Effect multiplayer is rather, repetitive (although that will doubtless be tweaked later hopefully with new game types).

But it's done now and the community succeeded. So congrats to us! Now let's go back to donating money for a better ending.

Jitters Caffeine said:
I was thinking the same at first, but then I got REALLY good at spaming Biotic Explosions. Now I can kill a Ravager or a Brute in two Biotic Combos. Still have an issue with Marauders though...

Biggest issue I'm seeing is REALLY low level players trying to jump in on the event and dragging down the whole team. You wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten paired up with people with N7 ranks in the single digits...
So help them out, it takes like two or three matches to get a character to worthwhile levels, instead of kicking a newbie out just because they're at single digits play a few "warm up" rounds, you should at least be able to get to the first or second credits wave so it's not like you're going at a loss.

ELD3RGoD said:
I find Cerberus so much harder than the Reapers. Literally the only Reaper type that annoys me is the Ravagers because of those damn rockets. Husks/Cannibals/Brutes are all easy IMO. Cerberus however have God damn Phantoms. I don't know if it's my reflexes but I find it very hard for one or two people to take one out, especially with the flips, health regen, instakill and speed.

OT - I look forward to beating the Reapers in Silver again. :)
Seriously? Banshees aren't even worth a mention? Dear god those bitches are our first priority as soon as my team hears the screech.

Daystar Clarion said:
I've only managed to complete a silver reaper level once, in about 3 days.

I keep getting teamed up with morons who either run off on their own or have no idea which enemies are priorities.

See that Banshee? Yeah, she'll fuck us up if she gets too close, so stop shooting at the bloody marauders and cannibals and everyone concentrate fire on the walking death machine.
Yeah, play with people you know and can chat with. Although this could also be considered another reason to help out the newbies instead of kicking them.

Jitters Caffeine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MrDeckard said:
I've done it TWICE and I have yet to get any weapons.

Does anyone know what is going wrong?

Also, if you are below level 10, GET OUT OF SILVER. It's ridiculous how many low level people think they can help.
The rewards for the challenge should be around Tuesday.

You get one of the several N7 weapons, which isn't that great, to be honest, because a couple of them suck :D

The pistol is decent, the shotgun is decent, and the sniper rifle is decent.

The assault rifle fires horribly and the SMG has insane recoil.
Actually, the SMG has the highest damage of all the SMGs. And the assault rifle isn't part of the event. Just the shotgun, SMG, sniper rifle, and pistol,
Doesn't matter how good the damage is if the recoil is so absurd that you can't hit anything.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
lemiel14n3 said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
I was thinking the same at first, but then I got REALLY good at spaming Biotic Explosions. Now I can kill a Ravager or a Brute in two Biotic Combos. Still have an issue with Marauders though...

Biggest issue I'm seeing is REALLY low level players trying to jump in on the event and dragging down the whole team. You wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten paired up with people with N7 ranks in the single digits...
So help them out, it takes like two or three matches to get a character to worthwhile levels, instead of kicking a newbie out just because they're at single digits play a few "warm up" rounds, you should at least be able to get to the first or second credits wave so it's not like you're going at a loss.
I'm not there to babysit some kid who thinks going straight into silver with his Level 2 Soldier is a great idea. If I'm there to have fun, I don't want to be picking his ass up 6 times every wave. Not only that, but that leaves a slot that could be taken by someone who will actually help us instead of being a liability. I'd be more than happy helping someone in Bronze, but if you're in Silver, you better know what you're doing.

Foxblade618

Apr 27, 2011
3 million plus brutes but only thousands of people managed to complete the Silver challenge? That is most interesting. May I say that, as one of the victorious, Banshees are too damn hard. The Banshee/Ravager combo is freaking devastation

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
I don't has mah rewards yet D:
But I suppose its only 13 minutes after its supposed to unlock...

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Im going home to open up my packs, catch yu all tomorrow to talk about the goodies or to rage ;D

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
Jitters Caffeine said:
Czaran said:
I just got my Victory pack, no idea about the Commendation Pack yet
Yep my victory pack arrived, but no commendation pack. I had the "Upload statistics to Bioware" checked and I definatly finished a level on silver against the reapers.

Soo...I'm waiting :D

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Czaran said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Czaran said:
I just got my Victory pack, no idea about the Commendation Pack yet
Yep my victory pack arrived, but no commendation pack. I had the "Upload statistics to Bioware" checked and I definatly finished a level on silver against the reapers.

Soo...I'm waiting :D
No idea when they're supposed to come out, hopefully soon. Got a Widow out of my Victory pack though. Was hoping for a Claymore.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
The Commendation Packs went out. At least mine did, anyway. Hope you guys have better luck than I do. I got the N7 Hurricane SMG. Easily the least useful of the bunch. Oh well.

At least I got both a Carnifex and a Geth Pulse Rifle from my Victory pack.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Got the N7 shotgun! Woot! I was dry on shotguns despite them being my favorite weapon for a while, but the game has been showering me with them the last few days.

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
Tuesday Night Fever said:
The Commendation Packs went out. At least mine did, anyway. Hope you guys have better luck than I do. I got the N7 Hurricane SMG. Easily the least useful of the bunch. Oh well.

At least I got both a Carnifex and a Geth Pulse Rifle from my Victory pack.
Grr, all my victory pack gave me was the dumb Vindicator assault rifle I already had and a weapon mod I already had :(

Dec 14, 2009
I got an upgrade to the phalanx, which I never use.

And the N7 shotgun, the heaviest thing in the known universe.

What a waste of time.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I was really hoping for the N7 Valiant sniper rifle. Semi-Automatic like the Viper, better rate of fire than the Viper (able to get the Tactical Cloak damage bonus on all three of its shots if fired rapidly!), and more base damage per shot than the Viper.

/sigh

Or at least the handgun, since I always carry around a handgun.

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
Despite having completed multiple extractions (on silver, as per requirements), didn't get a single commendation pack, though it was gleeful to hand me my (rather crappy) victory pack.

Anyone else have that experience?

And before anyone says it, yes my online feedback thing was online.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
eventhorizon525 said:
Despite having completed multiple extractions (on silver, as per requirements), didn't get a single commendation pack, though it was gleeful to hand me my (rather crappy) victory pack.

Anyone else have that experience?

And before anyone says it, yes my online feedback thing was online.
Yeah, had the same thing. When I first logged in I just had the Victory Pack. I got my Commendation Pack about an hour after the 5pm PST start time. I think they said it could take up to four hours, and that you'd have to re-open the game for it to be in the store.

Hopefully you get yours soon!