Osama Bin Laden Celebrations labelled "Disguisting"

Scanniza

Feb 18, 2011
Sean951 said:
Wolfy2449 said:
I think everyone who hates Bin Laden is <censored because honest offensive opinion=trolling on escapist>
Ppl didnt even know they guy, they have no idea about his motives or why he did anything. Stupid hate for no real reason...
Only think i know is that he looked cool in his photo xD

Even if he did kill someone i cared about i wouldnt go mad, i would actually like to talk with him but this would be impossible so i would simply go on...Even if he response was "americans suck, they need to die herp derp" i would still not hate him since he would simply be stupid, which i doubt this is the case since doing big things actually requires some brains.
Motives don't matter when you are talking about the mastermind of a mass murder.
Of course they do.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Astalano said:
Mrhappyface 2 said:
Astalano said:
There is a time for war, a time to defend yourself. Now that Osama is dead, Americans have to step up and help the countries they destroyed.
quote]
Those countries were either lawless shitholes or fascist dictatorships to begin with. Democracy changed that for the very slight better.
Well, all America has to do is sit there for another 100 years and rebuild the countries. I can guarantee that will never happen, making America just as much of a "fascist dictotorship" or an equivalent nasty word...
So... what countries would sit around for 100 years and completely rebuild?

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Astalano said:
Anyone celebrating should know than no cesspool in the world can hold you and all your hypocrisy conveys is that you are exactly the same as those "animals" living over in the Middle East.
Well said. You'd think 2,5 wars and 1,000,000 deaths would have sated the american "thirst for justice."

Venereus

May 9, 2010
This thread does nothing but remind me that people that think for themselves are very rare.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
Hop-along Nussbaum said:
Americans have as much right to "celebrate" the death of a depraved killer as anyone.
There is the problem though. You are telling me that you are of a higher moral standard than osama bin laden, and yet people are demonstrating this by whooping and hollering like you just won a football match. It doesn't make Americans look good to murder someone "justly" and then throw a party.

It's not easy being the "good guy", be coldly satisfied that he's dead sure, but don't celebrate it with festivity. In the end it was a necessary deed but not a happy one by any means.
Killing someone is killing someone, it shouldn't ever be considered a happy option, necessary sure, but due cause for celebration makes me nervous for what a 21st century human should be.

Besides, there are more far reaching implications than you would believe, a person who doesn't speak english, watches the news about osama's death, sees americans dancing around the street and cheering wildly that he got shot in the face. What could they potentially think?

Savages, hardly better than the person they are killing. Not that I agree, but as America is the major representation of the west, you have to act the part.

And the right to celebrate a death, is an odd choice of words, of course you have the right, just as I have the right to object to your reaction.

Astalano

Nov 24, 2009
WanderingFool said:
Astalano said:
Mrhappyface 2 said:
Astalano said:
There is a time for war, a time to defend yourself. Now that Osama is dead, Americans have to step up and help the countries they destroyed.
quote]
Those countries were either lawless shitholes or fascist dictatorships to begin with. Democracy changed that for the very slight better.
Well, all America has to do is sit there for another 100 years and rebuild the countries. I can guarantee that will never happen, making America just as much of a "fascist dictotorship" or an equivalent nasty word...
None. All are in the wrong.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Oh come on.. Of course they are celebrating, this is, if anything, a big sympolical victory. The very face of terrorism has been killed. It is a reason to celebrate, even if it doesn't really mean that much in the end.

Astalano

Nov 24, 2009
Shycte said:
The very face of terrorism has been killed.
Terrorism has no face. It doesn't take a great deal of brain power to figure that out.

I'm sure they've already replaced Bin Laden by now anyway or have a replacement in mind.

Silentwindofdoom

Feb 21, 2011
WanderingFool said:
Astalano said:
Mrhappyface 2 said:
Astalano said:
quote]
The type of country that feels responsible for the effects of its actions.

Of course its a lie, the united states are going to leave Afghanistan and Iraq in the same/worse shape. WMDs eliminated, Saddam dead, Osama dead, tens of thousands civilians dead, civil war started, mission accomplished.

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
Hop-along Nussbaum said:
Americans have as much right to "celebrate" the death of a depraved killer as anyone. The world is a far better place without this person in it. I hope that no one, from ANY country, ever again has to know the pain of tragedy now that this man is gone. Hopefully it will be a long time before al Quaeda finds another leader.
As much right to celebrate the death of another person as anyone.

Nice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pamela-gerloff/the-psychology-of-revenge_b_856184.html

To me it is as simple as "do not become what you despise in others." When you see Muslims celebrating the death of American soldiers, how does this make you feel? Do you really want to be LIKE THEM? Really??

Here's a timely talk on TED: http://www.ted.com/talks/sam_richards_a_radical_experiment_in_empathy.html

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I dont particularly care that he's dead. Its nice, but he has a bunch of people to take his place. America is a country built on revenge and fucking someone up after they do something to us. It wont chnage.

Actually, I kinda wish he just died naturally, cause this is going to split the Obama and Bush supporters in half and make things impossible to do in this country.

Though a bit off topic, I found it sorta funny when a Saudi kid at my college told me on skype that the Saudis will be pissed we killed him and will do something about it.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Silentwindofdoom said:
Canid117 said:
A) Can we all jump off the bash America bandwagon please? As I recall my country never clubbed an aging Indian dude because we wanted him to pay extra for salt and we have never intentionally targeted civilians. A vast majority of civilian deaths in the war on terror were caused by terrorist and not coalition troops.

B) The United States has a congress composed of the house of representatives and a Senate. You might want to get your government institutions straight before hoping they get blown to hell.
The united states invaded Afghanistan and Iraq by choice, all the civilian deaths are on the heads of the united states government.
Yes lets ignore the guy who straps on the vest that has been loaded with Semtex and nails. Lets ignore the man in the cave with his own twisted vision of the Quran who tells him to push the button. And lets ignore everything other than the big country that everyone loves to hate. Everything is 100% the fault of the institution that I dislike for the sake of being edgy. That is totally fair.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
Fagotto said:
Venereus said:
Eri said:
Celebrating the deaths of thousands of innocents is not the same as celebrating the death of one mass murderer. End of fucking story.
Riiiiiiiiight, 'cause the US only killed that one guy during this whole affair...
And clearly celebrating bin Laden's death means people are totally celebrating every other death in the Middle East. Or maybe they're just celebrating Osama's.
Of course they are, they're too shortsighted to realize what all this means for everyone else.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Sorry he feels that way but I am glad this bastard caught one between the headlights.
The thing about America is that if you want to throw a party over killing an evil sonofabitch then go for it and If some crybaby doesn't agree with it then so be it. Clearly he doesn't grasp the situation.
-Osama ordered many attacks on the US starting in 1992 in Yemen when the US was sending aid to Somalia. I guess he figured the Somalis could go a few more days without food or medical attention but they failed and he killed a bunch of Muslims.
-In 1993 Al Quida bombed the WTC and killed six wounded over a thousand.
-In 1996 Osama tried to assassinate Bill Clinton by putting a bomb under a bridge his motorcade was going to cross over.
-In 1998 they bombed multiple US embassies in Africa.
-In 2000 the bombed the USS Cole. In 2001 the blew up the Twin Towers, a part of the pentagon and were on their way to another target before the people aboard stormed the cockpit and attempted to regain control of the airplane.
And thats just against the US.
---
In Europe:
-2003, Istanbul they killed many people with bombs through multiple attacks

These aren't even counting the multiple attacks perpetrated by terrorist cells sponsored or inspired by Al Quida such as the 2004 train bombings in Spain.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
Hold on, there is still good reason to celebrate his death and speak ill of the dead in this case. I know I'm not the only one making this point, but this man orchestrated and encouraged the murders of thousands of Americans. Not only that he (by that I mean his organization) killed scores of Muslims as well in order to further his cause, and even after listing those last two I wouldn't be done. This isn't just a victory for America but for anyone who desires a more peaceful world, and that is why there is ample reason to celebrate and to do so shouldn't be discouraged. Even if all that happens is that someone new (possibly worse) replaces him, we can at least find satisfaction in the fact that a mass murderer finally had to contend with justice.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Astalano said:
Anyone celebrating should know than no cesspool in the world can hold you and all your hypocrisy conveys is that you are exactly the same as those "animals" living over in the Middle East.
I'm so sick of this argument.

I am better than any member of Al Qaeda. We are not "the same." There is no question about it. I have never, and will never, kill anyone.

We are all people, yes. But some people are monsters who murder others.

Simply because my country does morally questionable things- or even downright evil things- does not make me evil, anymore than it makes an innocent Pakistani evil. And it does not make me feel guilty about being glad that a piece of shit like Osama is dead.

To everyone else-

Fuck political correctness. If you typed "well, I can understand why people are relieved, but celebrating isn't really the best option." If they have a right to be happy, they have a right to show it.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
I am relieved that he is gone, but am apprehensive about the potential consequences like Osama being less than 1km from Pakistan's equivalent of West Point or his successor's revenge plans. Pakistan, welcome to the microscope.

I wouldn't party in the street like that personally, but that's just me.