Osama Bin Laden Celebrations labelled "Disguisting"

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
He's probably one of the people shown celebrating after the towers fell, they had their moment to troll, now they are super jelly, problem, FAIR?

THE_NAMSU

Jan 1, 2011
Can I just say,
the soldiers disposed of his body straight after the kill so the body was not actually shown to the public
You sure it was Bin Laden...?
It's easy to get look a likes and stuff.

Plus you shouldn't celebrate his death, because Al-Qaeda are going to start bombing the US more.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Problem is he was a monster who attacked innocent people, sooo I don't care. Celebrate away.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
THE_NAMSU said:
Can I just say,
the soldiers disposed of his body straight after the kill so the body was not actually shown to the public

Plus you shouldn't celebrate his death, because Al-Qaeda are going to start bombing the US more.
"bombing the US more"

Hmm... I'll accept another bombing... they've been quiet for a decade even with their poster child alive.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
thehype097 said:
I bet you guys were super pissed when the munchkins sang, "ding dong the witch is dead", in the Wizard of Oz too. Those munchkins were dicks eh?
LOL dude i think i love you.

EchetusXe said:
Do-do-do. Come on and do the conga.

Do-do-do. It's conga night for sure.
And words can't describe what i think of you! xD

OT: I don't show respect to Hitler...so why should i respect Osama?

Hell I'm British and I'm sorta relieved he is gone...

However is this hell the end,

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
Hmm, is there a difference between celebrating because 3000 innocent civilians were murdered, and celebrating because one total douchebag who ordered maniacs to murder innocent civilians was finally caught and killed for his crimes?

I THINK THERE IS, JIM.

I don't have a problem with people celebrating. It's about time we got something good out of this ridiculously mismanaged "war on terror". Now if we can just take care of Iran and Syria (and probably Egypt and Saudi Arabia, the way things are going), we can bring our troops home instead of leaving them to die in some worthless patch of desert for no good reason. :p

But of course that'll never happen.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Astalano said:
WanderingFool said:
Astalano said:
Mrhappyface 2 said:
Astalano said:
There is a time for war, a time to defend yourself. Now that Osama is dead, Americans have to step up and help the countries they destroyed.
quote]
Those countries were either lawless shitholes or fascist dictatorships to begin with. Democracy changed that for the very slight better.
Well, all America has to do is sit there for another 100 years and rebuild the countries. I can guarantee that will never happen, making America just as much of a "fascist dictotorship" or an equivalent nasty word...
So... what countries would sit around for 100 years and completely rebuild?
None. All are in the wrong.
This is one thing I wont argue on...

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
Canid117 said:
And who flew jet liners into civilian structures? ...
Want to know why the did that? Watch this video: http://crooksandliars.com/2007/08/23/daily-show-three-generations-of-america-to-the-rescue

SecretAlienMan

Mar 31, 2010
I'm pretty sure when Hitler was announced dead there was quite a bit of celebrating going on too... my point: celebrating the death of a monster is acceptable, celebrating the death of thousands of innocents in unforgivable.

Silentwindofdoom

Feb 21, 2011
Canid117 said:
Silentwindofdoom said:
Canid117 said:
The man who pulls the trigger or pushes the button is the one to blame.
Really? Okay, that would be the men and women of the United States armed forces then, who were sent there by who? That's right, the United States government!
And who flew jet liners into civilian structures? Therebye giving cause to invade Afghanistan and an excuse to invade Iraq?
Those terrorists sure did give the united states a reason/excuse/cause to invade Afghanistan, I'm not disputing that. What I am disputing is your assertion that the United States government can not be held responsible for the actions it took following the terrorist attacks.

It doesn't matter what prompts you to do something, the effects of what you end up doing are your responsibility.

And once again who gave them cause to try and arrest the rapist? Shit happens and good people get hurt sometimes but that does not mean that we should throw bile at the people who try to stop those who would do harm to as many people as they possibly can.
Shit does indeed happen, but when you choose to respond to an action taken by another person the effects of that response are your responsibility, that's why police officers get canned for excessive force and even outright murder, even if they feel it was required.
Woops! Looks like I mixed you up with a fellow named Azrael the Cat. I am sorry that I misdirected my hate. The United States government still does not pull the trigger on civilians or attack innocent people for shits and giggles.
No, but it did remove a government that for all its faults kept a civil war from breaking out. That government also did not attract jihadists from surrounding countries so they could attack american forces driving down the civilian packed streets.

The civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan are killed by the nutcases who believe that 30 virgins await them in heaven if they blow up a school bus full of toddlers.
Civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan are being killed by way of collateral damage as a direct result from NATO combat operations. The civil war which has erupted in Iraq and the bombing of places of business and government in Iraq and Afghanistan are the direct result of the removal of both Saddam and the taliban as stabilizing forces.

Both Private first class Joe Smith and Muhammed the insurgent carry responsibility for their actions but as does the United States government for kicking these wars off in the first place.

squiggothhunter

Aug 4, 2008
Every time something pisses off people in the middle east they burn american flags, effigy's, and bibles.

Us celebrating chanting U!S!A! and waving our flags is the same? Get your head out of your ass

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
xdiesp said:
What's fun, is that this makes Bush right on all things.
All.
Things.

Torture, kidnappings, 5 wars are now completely legit in face of 1 terrorist attack.
And it's not him saying so.
It's his rival (?).
One terrorist attack?
wow. You need to do your research.

Hop-along Nussbaum

Mar 18, 2011
I'm glad he's dead, and I hope his soul is burning inside a roasting pig in the deepest recesses of hell.

No, I don't feel bad about that. And no, I don't care if you think I'm a bad person for feeling that way. Your opinion of me will not cause me to lose sleep. The world is a (slightly) safer place today.

Have a pleasant day.

IRONY CAPTCHA: Evidence worall

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Plurralbles said:
THE_NAMSU said:
Can I just say,

"bombing the US more"

Hmm... I'll accept another bombing... they've been quiet for a decade even with their poster child alive.
We've had a lot of near misses though.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
"We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient; that we are only 6 percent of the world's population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse every adversity; and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem."

-John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

I dont think the people that are in jubilee and celebrating see the irony in celebrating and going crazy over a man and or the other men that celebrated killing masses of people. I would have preferred a capture and at least some semblance of a trial for the man. Make the example that we try and pass criminal charges on those that attempt and even succeed to injure us. We still have a judicial system that this man would face, just like any domestic mass murderer that might exist.

At the same time, maybe someone made a good choice to not bring him back to the States, then maybe he'd be able to see that he won in the long run, when he sees how much our country has changed, even if we come out en masse to 'prove' how America is strong and doesnt give up, what about the trillions of dollars we spent in this endeavor, thousands of American lives, 10s of thousands of foreign civilians displaced or killed- egregious civil liberty violations, torture and rights taken away from us. That all doesnt matter because "we got'em!"

So yes, America has come out ahead, at last. I guess you can't say "pyrrhic victory" without *victory*

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
Eri said:
Celebrating the deaths of thousands of innocents is not the same as celebrating the death of one mass murderer. End of fucking story.
You my fellow escapist hit this nail right on the head. It is different to celebrate the death of people who's only crime was not believing in your religion than celebrating the mass murderer that killed just because people didn't believe his way.

Silentwindofdoom

Feb 21, 2011
JWAN said:
Plurralbles said:
THE_NAMSU said:
Can I just say,

"bombing the US more"

We've had a lot of near misses though.
Considering how eager and willing these radicals supposedly are the actual threat they seem to pose is rather minor. How hard is it for them to fly into some craphole south american country and then infiltrate their way into the states to do some naughty things?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Mostly, I don't give a damn, but really...

People were dancing in the streets when the towers came down. Horrible people are on both sides of the fence.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
In my honest opinion, I agree. Regardless of whether it was Osama Bin Laden who died or some innocent killed in the shooting, we should NOT be celebrating anyone's death like this. Anyone's.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Kashrlyyk said:
The civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan are killed by the nutcases who believe that 30 virgins await them in heaven if they blow up a school bus full of toddlers.
Civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan are being killed by way of collateral damage as a direct result from NATO combat operations. The civil war which has erupted in Iraq and the bombing of places of business and government in Iraq and Afghanistan are the direct result of the removal of both Saddam and the taliban as stabilizing forces.

Both Private first class Joe Smith and Muhammed the insurgent carry responsibility for their actions but as does the United States government for kicking these wars off in the first place.
The vast majority of civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan were caused by suicide bombers, car bombers and other violence perpetrated by terrorist organizations and not coalition munitions. (I feel I should remind you that the United States was not the only country with attack aircraft in the sky) It should also be noted that Afghanistan is much more stable than Iraq and there is significantly less violence there than in Iraq. As for Iraq it should be noted that this would have occurred any way when Saddam inevitably fell from power. The region isn't stable and it isn't all our fault. Granted the reasons for the Iraq invasion were dubious but once again if you wish to create that thread you are welcome to do so.

Kashrlyyk said:
Canid117 said:
And who flew jet liners into civilian structures? ...
Want to know why the did that? Watch this video: http://crooksandliars.com/2007/08/23/daily-show-three-generations-of-america-to-the-rescue
I am well aware of recent world history thank you very much. I think you should take a look at the video again and tell me where it explains why Al Qaeda declared war on the united states. He gives it one sentence and doesn't go in depth. Granted the Daily show is (sadly) more reliable than certain other news stations but it is still a comedy show. The reason Osama Bin Laden declared war on the United States is more or less jealousy on the part of Osama Bin Laden who was furious with the United States for "Taking his place" in helping to defend Saudi Arabia from an Iraqi invasion in the 90s. Osama Bin Laden is to blame for 9/11. He and his associates alone.(it should be noted that we cut ties with him when he declared us to be Satan worshipers who should be slaughtered in the 90s.