Osama Bin Laden Celebrations labelled "Disguisting"

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
thehype097 said:
I bet you guys were super pissed when the munchkins sang, "ding dong the witch is dead", in the Wizard of Oz too. Those munchkins were dicks eh?
You just won the game.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You know what the real joke is? This is probably the best thing to ever happen to Bin Laden; Killed by American soldiers.

His "martyrdom" will probably only increase the violence caused by these fruitcakes. Too bad they couldn't catch him alive and put him in his own Roast show.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Necromancer Jim said:
It's not celebrating the death of a person, it's celebrating the defeat of an enemy, and this is how humanity reacts to such things. People rejoiced when Hitler died. Italians celebrated Mussolini's death. It's not bunnies and sunshine but that's how people are.

[sub][sub][sub]Captcha: Titanyo science[/sub][/sub][/sub]
If the death of Bin Laden resulted in a an immediate end to the War, then yes.

But there is still a war going on, and Al Queda is hardly a super-organized political party like The Nazis or The Fascist Party. They're not going to just surrender now that their ostensible leader is gone.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
thiosk said:
Hey man don't be so harsh here. Lots of great things came from australia! Like... Kiwis! No wait. Uh theres the Flight of the Chonchords! No, wait. Shit. Hey! They filmed the lord of the rings the... oh.. shit. Hum.
Just give them time. While they're good at stealing culture from New Zealand, it's still a slow process.

neonit said:
remember when people celebrated 9/11? they were barbarians. WE are soooo much better.
It's already been mentioned numerous times in this thread, but if you can't see the difference between celebrating the deaths of thousands of citizens and the death of one mass murderer, there's something seriously wrong in your head.

Personally? I'm not an American, and I don't live in the U.S. It's not an event I'd physically celebrate, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who does. He deserved a lot worse than death in a firefight.

Also, the typo in the thread title is extremely annoying -_-

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
ImmortalDrifter said:
Jonabob87 said:
xen·o·pho·bi·a
   [zen-uh-foh-bee-uh, zee-nuh-]
?noun
an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

I didn't convey the opinions of America, I created a strawman based around the people who are celebrating a death and mocked it.
Actually you did, by using the term of "America" instead of say "people celebrating" you were defining the entire country under a banner based on the action of a small group of people.

And I neither fear nor hate you, I respect whatever country or culture you come from. But you can't throw around stereotypes and generalizations and expect someone who isn't part of said stereotype (but loves his country none the less) to just let you say that.
Fair point, but you can't deny that "Since you're not American, shut the hell up" is a xenophobic statement. It's tantamount to saying "You're not American? Well then you're not entitled to an opinion."

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Denariax said:
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:
Am I seriously the only American who punched someone out for celebrating this? God damn people, and I'm asked why I'd rather see it descend into anarchy so I can get the hell out.
Why would you punch someone out for celebrating the death of someone that given the chance would have annihilated you and your family? FIne you don't have to celebrate but don't stop people from celebrating.
Because a death is still a death, and celebrating a death makes me no better than the man who celebrated someone elses.

So yes. They have free will to celebrate what they want, just as I have free will to beat them senseless.
If you are punching someone out right now for the celebration of the death of one of the worst piles of scum that ever walked this earth then you should check yourself. If that thing had the chance he would have killed me, my family, my friends, everyone I have ever met simply because I wasn't a muslim. He has killed innocent men women and children. You don't have to celebrate his death but come on you must understand why others are celebrating. The guy was scum and the world is better off with him gone. The fact that you punched someone out over his behalf makes me want to vomit.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
Sentox6 said:
thiosk said:
Hey man don't be so harsh here. Lots of great things came from australia! Like... Kiwis! No wait. Uh theres the Flight of the Chonchords! No, wait. Shit. Hey! They filmed the lord of the rings the... oh.. shit. Hum.
Just give them time. While they're good at stealing culture from New Zealand, it's still a slow process.

neonit said:
remember when people celebrated 9/11? they were barbarians. WE are soooo much better.
It's already been mentioned numerous times in this thread, but if you can't see the difference between celebrating the deaths of thousands of citizens and the death of one mass murderer, there's something seriously wrong in your head.

Personally? I'm not an American, and I don't live in the U.S. It's not an event I'd physically celebrate, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who does. He deserved a lot worse than death in a firefight.
Okay so he set in motion events that ended in the death of 3,000 people. Then again George Bush set in motion events that brought about the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi and Afghan civilians.

koga88

May 19, 2009
Jonabob87 said:
koga88 said:
It does feel wrong that we are celebrating a death of a person but then again it was also the death of someone that had attacked our nation without a care in the world about who died. There is a very large difference between targeting a military base and accidentally killing a few civilians that happened to be visiting family members or that lived nearby than an attack that blatantly was set for civilian life.

Sure you can crunch numbers all you want and sure you can say that America is horrible for celebrating someone's death but a large amount of people criticizing here aren't even American to begin with so it is easy to say you are better than people cheering in the streets. But it can also be said that if the same thing were to happen to your nation, would you be saying the same exact thing? Or would you apologize for your brash actions towards the person who killed your fellow countryman and offer him a reward?
Al-Qaeda attacked lots of places all over the world, just so you know. Off the tip of my tongue they attacked Glasgow, London, Madrid, Israel and Pakistan. There's more but that's all I can think of right now.

Is anyone else partying because of this? No.

(To be fair the Glasgow bombing was a huge failure, and one of the attackers essentially just set himself on fire)
There may not be partying in the streets as rampant as what you will find in the U.S. but there are probably still people cheering for the man's death in these nations. Maybe some of them are truly saddened by his passing, but a lot of these countries are a lot more reserved compared to the U.S. Israel and Pakistan both are near the hotspot that is the middle east so any overt celebration could paint them as easy targets.

London and Madrid also suffered at the hands of this man true, but it would be ignorant to think that they aren't celebrating his death at all. They just as well may not be, or their celebrations are not as publicly viewed as those by the U.S. currently. Unfortunately I don't know much about Glasgow so I can't comment there.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:
It's not celebrating the death of a person, it's celebrating the defeat of an enemy, and this is how humanity reacts to such things. People rejoiced when Hitler died. Italians celebrated Mussolini's death. It's not bunnies and sunshine but that's how people are.

But there is still a war going on, and Al Queda is hardly a super-organized political party like The Nazis or The Fascist Party. They're not going to just surrender now that their ostensible leader is gone.
You think I don't know this?

It's probably not going to change anything, but it's an excuse to feel optimistic, so might as well take it.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:
Am I seriously the only American who punched someone out for celebrating this? God damn people, and I'm asked why I'd rather see it descend into anarchy so I can get the hell out.
Why would you punch someone out for celebrating the death of someone that given the chance would have annihilated you and your family? FIne you don't have to celebrate but don't stop people from celebrating.
Because a death is still a death, and celebrating a death makes me no better than the man who celebrated someone elses.

So yes. They have free will to celebrate what they want, just as I have free will to beat them senseless.
If you are punching someone out right now for the celebration of the death of one of the worst piles of scum that ever walked this earth then you should check yourself. If that thing had the chance he would have killed me, my family, my friends, everyone I have ever met simply because I wasn't a muslim. He has killed innocent men women and children. You don't have to celebrate his death but come on you must understand why others are celebrating. The guy was scum and the world is better off with him gone. The fact that you punched someone out over his behalf makes me want to vomit.
They don't hate us because we aren't Muslim. Here's why they hate us: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=24021

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Jonabob87 said:
Fair point, but you can't deny that "Since you're not American, shut the hell up" is a xenophobic statement. It's tantamount to saying "You're not American? Well then you're not entitled to an opinion."
True. I jumped the gun on that one and I apologize.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:

Of course they won't it is still a huge blow to them however. This is the guy who founded Al-Qaeda it is a huge demoralizing blow for them.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I don't see that anyone's death is a cause for celebration. Bin Laden was the poster boy for evil, and his death seems more a symbolic victory than anything else. Al-Qaeda is more than just one man, and there are people operating under this name in all areas of the globe.

My first thought when I saw the celebrations was how similar it looked to those extremists celebrating nearly 10 years ago. Whether you believe it to be the same or not, you're still celebrating someone being killed, and I don't think it's something to be celebrated. I'm not angry about it, but I don't agree with it.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Necromancer Jim said:
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:

You think I don't know this?

It's probably not going to change anything, but it's an excuse to feel optimistic, so might as well take it.
If you read to the end of my post, I DID say that I have no problem with people celebrating this; it IS a milestone (and a major one) on the way to ending this stupid war.

What I'm not 100 Percent on is that people are being extremely rowdy about it, throwing parties, taking to the streets, and generally acting like nothing will ever be wrong again.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Maybe this should be viewed more from the angle that the anger has arisen from the celebrations due to the idea that America took the moral high ground. If once the goal of this standing has been achieved, and taking out a lynchpin of an entire network seems pretty high on the agenda, that American citizens are celebrating on the streets it could be seen as slightly hypocritical.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Id probably say that a city like New York has the right to blow off a bit of steam in knowing that the man who masterminded the op that scarred their city, but I do agree with peole to some extent that people could if toned down the joy a bit.

The only problem we may have to face now people, is the reams of nutters going on the charge for "vegeance attacks".

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
koga88 said:
Jonabob87 said:
koga88 said:
It does feel wrong that we are celebrating a death of a person but then again it was also the death of someone that had attacked our nation without a care in the world about who died. There is a very large difference between targeting a military base and accidentally killing a few civilians that happened to be visiting family members or that lived nearby than an attack that blatantly was set for civilian life.

Sure you can crunch numbers all you want and sure you can say that America is horrible for celebrating someone's death but a large amount of people criticizing here aren't even American to begin with so it is easy to say you are better than people cheering in the streets. But it can also be said that if the same thing were to happen to your nation, would you be saying the same exact thing? Or would you apologize for your brash actions towards the person who killed your fellow countryman and offer him a reward?
Al-Qaeda attacked lots of places all over the world, just so you know. Off the tip of my tongue they attacked Glasgow, London, Madrid, Israel and Pakistan. There's more but that's all I can think of right now.

Is anyone else partying because of this? No.

(To be fair the Glasgow bombing was a huge failure, and one of the attackers essentially just set himself on fire)
There may not be partying in the streets as rampant as what you will find in the U.S. but there are probably still people cheering for the man's death in these nations. Maybe some of them are truly saddened by his passing, but a lot of these countries are a lot more reserved compared to the U.S. Israel and Pakistan both are near the hotspot that is the middle east so any overt celebration could paint them as easy targets.

London and Madrid also suffered at the hands of this man true, but it would be ignorant to think that they aren't celebrating his death at all. They just as well may not be, or their celebrations are not as publicly viewed as those by the U.S. currently. Unfortunately I don't know much about Glasgow so I can't comment there.
I can promise you that of all the Londoners I know (many) none of them are celebrating Osamas death. In fact a huge number of Brits are staring in utter disbelief at the fact that people are celebrating in America. Passing around the video of John Cena announcing it live at a wrestling thing and everyone cheering "USA! USA!" and "Halleluia!" for some reason.

Stunned, is what we are.

Personally I am from Scotland, where we're doing much the same thing.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Denariax said:
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:

So vomit, and make sure your lung goes out with. I don't care what people in America think as they'd all murder their own just to get ahead in life. Every single person who laughed is no better than him, and in my opinion, should be put out the exact same way. So I will do my 'celebrating' on other people's faces. Continue.
Do you agree that him gone makes the world a better place, yes or no?

koga88

May 19, 2009
Denariax said:
koga88 said:
Denariax said:
Not going to say you were in the wrong for doing this. But what if the next person you saw legitamately lost a family member in the terrorist attack, or lost a family member or a friend during the war in Afghanistan. Would you punch them out too? How would you know if Joe Bob there isn't trying to cheer for the memory of his dead brother by celebrating the death of a public enemy? Does striking out in violence really make you any better than that anarchy you seem to be so pleased with?

Of course I'm not saying that they everyone celebrating has a right to do so but this is an emotionally charged event and to lash out with violence isn't the best way to respond to it. Though in the end the Taliban will probably do much the same.
Because I'm eventually going to get sick of it? If they bring that as an excuse I'll gladly do it. That's just hiding behind someone else's faults, and nothing but an excuse to get another beer.
Not going to lie, your view on the world certainly is much different than my own if you are so eager to hit anything that annoys you. Everyone mourns in their own way, including drinking though that is a problem in and of itself. It's obvious we'll never agree, especially with what appears to be a tendency to hit your fellow man easily for anything that you get sick of.

thehype097

Mar 10, 2010
Was the partying here really that rampant? I came home from work and saw a gathering at the White House on the news. I must've missed the flipped cars and riots mixed with out-door public group orgies. I really should pay more attention on my drive home.