Our Covid Response

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I've never had one quite that stupid.

But I do know that when you're in deep shit, you can guarantee there'll be a letter through snail mail at minimum. Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs don't send vital messages threatening legal action by texts from random phone numbers.
Nor are even they so polite as to alert you via phone that they are planning your arrest unless criteria X, Y or Z is fulfilled by way of iTunes cards.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Had my booster shot today. Moderna this time, instead of Pfizer. Also, no soreness in my arm.
Had my first Pfizer shot in November; I had some soreness at the injection site for a couple of hours, but nothing beyond that. My second shot, three weeks later, I had the same soreness, but woke up the next morning feeling like crap. Had a fever, and body aches. It lasted the better part of a day, but was gone with 24 hours. For my booster in May, I'm probably going to stick with Pfizer just because it's the devil I know, even if it makes feel ill. I don't want to mix-and-match; my logic is that a Pfizer booster should work best atop the initial Pfizer vaccines, but I've no study or knowledge to back that claim up.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Had my booster shot today. Moderna this time, instead of Pfizer. Also, no soreness in my arm.
Pfizer for my first two, moderna for the booster on Tuesday. Had no side effects for the first two. My booster I wanted to die last night. Alternating between fever and chills getting less than an hours sleep at a time.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That video of that yahoo trying to "arrest" the police officers is some of the funniest shit I've seen in weeks.
There's something about those videos that feels so British policing. It's not that British police can't be a bunch of dreadful arseholes (and are more frequently than anyone would like), but it is the policing by consent training where they often try to have reasonable discussions with unreasonable people, sometimes at great length.

Reactions: Silvanus and CM156

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

You can get COVID and then get COVID again, what the hell are we doing with this 'living with the virus' bullshit?

Reactions: MrCalavera

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
My house hold ended up catching covid. Three got sick three didnt. We're all boosted. Everyone got over it in a day or two. I didnt get tested, but there wasnt much point as Im not going any where and I feel fine. If I caught it I didn't notice.

I'm over it. End quarantine and social distancing. Pass a law that says if you dont have a vaccine card/record and you have covid symptoms you can't enter hospitals. If they don't want to vaxx they can stay at home and drink bleach if they want.

The issue isn't deaths. People are free to die from covid if they want. Filling up hospitals and demanding we take care them when they get sick is what's fucking everyone over.

I realize none of this is ever going to happen, but a boy can dream.

I have my card in my pocket and my phone. I'm happy to go to a system. People who compare having a card around to the Holocaust say that about everything.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Pass a law that says if you dont have a vaccine card/record and you have covid symptoms you can't enter hospitals.
As karmatic as it would be; hospitals can't do that. If they could, they'd already had done it for people who smoke, are overweight/obese, consume drugs or live unhealthy lifestyles that cause severe preventable illnesses.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I liked the reply 'How pro-life of them...'
I can't wait to hear spin about how it really is the pro-life stance to take because vaccines cause the death of millions of living viruses or something similar.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020

American republicans are some of the dumbest pieces of shit around. Fuck any piece of shit who carries water for anti vaxers.
Well, if progressives move away from these states they would be thinning their own base and soon become politically irrelevant? Gotta look at the opportunities of such truly amazingly stupid and dangerous policies.