Over-hyped video games

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
for me it was Halo:ODST. I'm not even a Halo junkie, more or less a CoD junkie, but i was genuinely excited for ODST. The game is still very fun, but it appeared to be more of an expansion and it just didn't live up to my expectations. I was expecting a much better campaign and i was told that MC wouldn't be in the game, but lets be honest: he was just wearing an ODST set of armor. Has anyone else been let down like this before?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Bioshock

I was expecting a steampunk version of Half-life 2 with all the gushing this game received.

Dec 14, 2009
Okami... oh wait...

I suppose I really overhyped Dragon Age for myself. But that's ok, because it's an awesome game.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Pretty much every game, and even wider, every product is overhyped, thats whats hype is about. To make something look much more appealing to the masses while covering the flaws, and im yet to see a flawless product.
No matter how much i like any of the developers and how much i enjoy the games, there always are things that could be done better, with more thought put into it or just delayed month or two to polish it.

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
Anything from Lionhead? And also MW2. I enjoy playing it, but the way it was hyped you would have thought it was the Second Coming.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Gotta go with everyone favourite, Modern War.... do I even need to finish?

Would also throw Halo 3 into that mix aswell

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Bioshock, Modern Warfare, Mass Effect, Halo 2, Halo 1, Halo Wars, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, Wii Version of Twilight Princess(Gamecube version blows it away COMPLETELY) Super SMash bros brawl... and many others.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
I have to agree with whoever said Halo Wars. How that game managed even mediocre reviews is beyond me. I regret buying it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Ocarina of Time.

Finally played in in December...WTF?! This is THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME?

Wow...umm...Nostalgia is powerful. It's good, but not the best game ever.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Crayzor said:
Anything from Lionhead? And also MW2. I enjoy playing it, but the way it was hyped you would have thought it was the Second Coming.
A good point there but you should have said Anything Peter Molyneux talks about..like Project Natal for example

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
bioshock2
i was like HELL YA IMMA BE A BIG DADDY!!!
but it wasnt as satisfying as i hoped

Sev72

Apr 13, 2009
The concept of over hyped seems silly to me. Its the marketing teams job to make you think their product will be the best thing ever. This goes for anything, not just video games.

On that note, Peter Molyneux needs to shut up, because if I listen to him it is like he spins a golden web of promises and well done trailers about a game that serve only to mask its glaring normality.