Overlord 2

ninja steve

Jul 4, 2009
BolognaBaloney said:
Good points, please do us a favor and follow Peter Molyneaux around slapping the back of his head whenever he starts to think about fable 3.
or better give him a note pad of a good game and pray to every god ever thought off he doesnt f**k it up

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I don't normally comment on ZP stuff (although I do watch it religiously), but if you see this yahtzee, do this some more. Your writing is even better then some of your ZP work, so yeah, more Extra Punctuation would be awesome, if you can find the time to add to your ZP work.

Kstreitenfeld

Mar 27, 2009
megalomania said:
Kstreitenfeld said:
bodyklok said:
Extra punctuation? Sorry Yahtzee, I like you and all. But, I'm not really the reading type. Maybe if you put it all in a short video with animations and dick jokes I'd look at it, but for now...
You don't have to read it, he already makes videos, why does this need to be video based also?
I think Bodyklok's post should have ended

/sarcasm

That clear things up for you?

OT: I really liked reading this; I like that Yahtzee will admit when he has changed his mind about a game he played earlier, of course it is much funnier to be continually scathing of every aspect of a game, but it takes much bigger critical balls to turn up the next week as say 'I was wrong about X' than just to let it pass with the rest of the proverbial poop he flings.
How do you know he was being sarcastic? Do you read minds or something? You honestly give people in general to much credit to just assume he was being sarcastic.

megalomania

Apr 14, 2009
Kstreitenfeld said:
megalomania said:
Kstreitenfeld said:
bodyklok said:
Extra punctuation? Sorry Yahtzee, I like you and all. But, I'm not really the reading type. Maybe if you put it all in a short video with animations and dick jokes I'd look at it, but for now...
You don't have to read it, he already makes videos, why does this need to be video based also?
I think Bodyklok's post should have ended

/sarcasm

That clear things up for you?

OT: I really liked reading this; I like that Yahtzee will admit when he has changed his mind about a game he played earlier, of course it is much funnier to be continually scathing of every aspect of a game, but it takes much bigger critical balls to turn up the next week as say 'I was wrong about X' than just to let it pass with the rest of the proverbial poop he flings.
How do you know he was being sarcastic? Do you read minds or something? You honestly give people in general to much credit to just assume he was being sarcastic.
My never-ending faith in humanity lets me hope he was being sarcastic! Otherwise he is just another ADHD riddled teenage boy with the attention span of a fruit fly that will be found on XBox Live teabagging his victims and screaming incoherently down the microphone. But I didn't think we tolerated those sorts at The Escapist...

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Always something new on the Escapist. I personally don't mind reading (actually, I love it) and I was always interested to see how Yahtzee did in the written word (well, extremely critical, as always).

I think you have to examine this game in context. One of the frustrating thing about the original Overlord was that your minions collected armor and weapons and became much more stronger over time, but then ultimately were killed off by the nearest boss. I always wanted to be able to resurrect my minions, not because I cared about them (although, to be frank, I did care that my most armored minion died), but because it was better to have stronger minions, and I lost all those stronger minions eat the end of every level, leaving me weaker for it.

I thought the mistresses were pretty arbitrary, though. It was really the minions I care about.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Jesus, might this be the thing that makes Yahtzee realise that not all of his fans are complete arses with a extra helping of cheese.

DAMG

Feb 16, 2009
I find humor in that what you stated is - oh, so obvious. Yet, developers try to state what they think is - oh, so obvious. Whatever, it's the consumer's fault for not realizing shit, and do something about it; most of you twats are happy with mediocrity. I am too because I can't make games. Until then, or until some other cool guy makes some good shit, we'll just have to wait.

Did that make sense?

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Quadtrix said:
I'm hoping since the Prototype vs. InFamous challenge, developers are taking a close look at Yahtzee's complaints and making a mental note of them for their future titles.
The chance of a game developer actually looking at anything anyone says on the escapist is nil. They would be doing themselves a favor, but they still wouldn't do it.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Kstreitenfeld said:
bodyklok said:
Well I think most people are used to his video reviews and think they are funnier in video form. Plus this is just to elaborate on his videos, I think he should just make his videos longer.

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
Wait - what character was Yahtzee talking about and in which Joss Whedon show? All of them? Say it ain't so!

My favourite critic bashing my favourite (television) writer... Am I really the only Firefly fan here wondering if Yahtzee hates Firefly?

imkerrusin

Jul 9, 2008
CapnJack said:
Wait - what character was Yahtzee talking about and in which Joss Whedon show? All of them? Say it ain't so!

My favourite critic bashing my favourite (television) writer... Am I really the only Firefly fan here wondering if Yahtzee hates Firefly?
Actually, he hates Joss Whedon. He explains it too in one the casts he was on. One of those big debates about Joss Whedon.

Though he's got a point about Whedon and his characters. They are all the same concepts just in different bodies. (though I would have to say, Mal and Inara would be more like Buffy and Spike than Buffy and Angel.)