Parents call cops, worried their son forgot to take his medicine. Cops shoot him to death.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
So in one report he was the pristine innocent victim doing nothing wrong, who was run off the road and shot to death. In another report he was wanted in connection with a hit and run earlier that night and attempted to ram the police officer. In the 3rd report he was wanted in connection with 2 hit and runs, threatened to ram fire trucks and then ram the police. All reports consistently said he was forced off the highway.

It would be nice if we could actually see this dash-cam that caught everything on tape, because there is a lot of misinformation going around. I'm going to call shinanigans on this. Seems like the kid presented a danger, threatened others, failed to comply with police commands and got shot. Police don't just run cars off the road, the kid failed to see two police cars attempting to pull him over twice? Police also don't shoot suspects that are just sitting there not making a move.

But any chance people can take to blame cops right? Because it's more likely that cops forced some innocent person off the road and shot him to death right?

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
and i thought it was just British police that got overexcited and shot people
it's just as well the average bobby doesn't get a firearm

i really cannot believe everything this article says
it must be biased
because if all this really is exactly how it happened then it's the most fucked up thing i've heard in the whole of today
plus the fact he WASN'T reprimanded suggests there must have been something else going on which justified it
but if the article is to be believed (and it has no reason not to be) this is a tragic waste and a complete fucking shambles which needn't have even happened in the first place

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
HUnh....

I'm sorry, the Utah thing bothers me, cause thats a mormon state, and the mormons dont have the most... peaceful history. yeah, I know, Salt Lake City isnt prime Mormon territory. Besides, it seems like anytime I read a murder story its always out of Utah.

Krion_Vark said:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705322062/Did-blood-sugar-lead-to-tragedy.html
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705321660/Officer-kills-driver-in-chase.html
Though I'm more inclined to believe these.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
bdcjacko said:
2) Who call the cops to make sure their adult son may have forgotten his medicine?
If it's for diabetes, it could cause his sugars to spike, or fall drastically, resulting in him passing out. If the parents knew he'd be driving, it's reasonable for them to have done what they did.

Apr 28, 2008
Krion_Vark said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
[link]http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/03/21/35070.htm[/link]
I just.....
Fuck..... Just read the damn article you guys.
First off took place almost 2 years ago.
Second the guy was suicidal.
Third WTF is that site you gave
Here is 2 other articles:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705322062/Did-blood-sugar-lead-to-tragedy.html
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705321660/Officer-kills-driver-in-chase.html
Thank you for linking these. Hopefully people read them before commenting.

Oh who am I kidding, no they wont.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I'm sorry but that has got to be one of the funniest thread titles ever.

Time to leave before this thread gets anymore convoluted... Or turns into an America vs The World flame war

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
The Wykydtron said:

Time to leave before this thread gets anymore convoluted... Or turns into an America vs The World flame war
The two links I posted would put an end to that but hell no body reads anything but the OP so yeah this would become a flamewar

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
DuctTapeJedi said:
bdcjacko said:
2) Who call the cops to make sure their adult son may have forgotten his medicine?
If it's for diabetes, it could cause his sugars to spike, or fall drastically, resulting in him passing out. If the parents knew he'd be driving, it's reasonable for them to have done what they did.
After reading some real article, I found out that they called because he was suicidal and not just taking the wrong meds. Cause again, at 30, you know what you are doing and you don't need mommy and daddy calling the police just for a pill.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Okay

Cops need to be sent to death
The precinct should be sued for all they have
The state government should dissolve all members of the precinct and prevent every member, regardless of gender or job, from serving in law or anything related to law or firearms.

People like them make me ashamed to be an American

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Hectix777 said:
Okay

The state government should dissolve all members of the precinct and prevent every member, regardless of gender or job, from serving in law or anything related to law or firearms.

Read the rest of the thread please, the original article is very skewed and leaves out some key details. Of course some that can read objectively and not just looking to make fun of America would notice that.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Hectix777 said:
Okay

Read one of the two articles or both posted by me and not the OP for a better view of the story.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Krion_Vark said:
The Wykydtron said:

The two links I posted would put an end to that but hell no body reads anything but the OP so yeah this would become a flamewar
Hey i did read them, but you know not everyone has the power of speed reading like myself so it's bothersome to read two whole articles *gasp*

And goddammit i said i was leaving! Good day sir! XD

Nerdygamer89

Dec 21, 2009
OP: you have posted a news story on a website nobody has ever heard of, by an author nobody has heard of, which makes sensationalistic, verifiably false claims for which there is no outside citation provided.

I hope you never have to write a research paper.

Kaisikudo

Sep 30, 2009
Janey Mack... That's horrible.

No doubt people are going to start questioning the rights of Police owning firearms because of this.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Kaisikudo said:
Janey Mack... That's horrible.

No doubt people are going to start questioning the rights of Police owning firearms because of this.
You know that article is leaving out key information, like how the guy tried to run over the cops, right?

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Wait, instead of shooting the tires of a slow car, they pulled a maneuver that could have killed him, and then one of them shot him for no reason?

What the fuck?

edit: Stop quoting me. I get it.