Parents call cops, worried their son forgot to take his medicine. Cops shoot him to death.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Not fired? He was not fired?!?!? Give that crazy murderer the death penalty.

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
You know, I find it rather offensive that people are criticizing America as a whole. Not all of us are gun toting hicks who drink beer all day and drive our pick-up truck like hell all over the country roads... Just look at how much more "civilized" California is...

OT: I demand more sources before I give an opinion on this matter good sir!

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Mad1Cow said:
Krion_Vark said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Why does America give it's morons guns again?
Because if you actually do research into it like I did in my earlier post you will find out a lot more about it and that the Courthouse News Service is retarded and should not be read seriously.
Even so, if the police where to have used a tazer instead of a gun, they could have more of a chance of say arresting him if he had done wrong or giving him psychiatric help since he was obviously suicidal...I'm not saying the guy who died was in the right, but if you reach for your gun first and not some other means to stop the guy, you're sorta in the wrong job. In the police especially, the gun should be a LAST RESORT choice and is often the reason why in certain countries they don't give the police guns.
And I go again with the MORE RESEARCH schpeal. In 2009 Tazers for police were still new and NOT widely used.
Also as a last resort this can be seen as because the car could have had all the windows rolled up and that my friend would not be good thing for a tazer since they have no ability to go through things like glass.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
theheroofaction said:
Not terminated?? Not terminated?? If the salt lake city police could do anything right this officer would have been executed.
-Ulven- said:
Tel me again why guns are a necessity?
Nimbus said:
Not fired? He was not fired?!?!? Give that crazy murderer the death penalty.
So do you guys just believe everything you read on the internet?

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Krion_Vark said:
Mad1Cow said:
Krion_Vark said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Because if you actually do research into it like I did in my earlier post you will find out a lot more about it and that the Courthouse News Service is retarded and should not be read seriously.
Even so, if the police where to have used a tazer instead of a gun, they could have more of a chance of say arresting him if he had done wrong or giving him psychiatric help since he was obviously suicidal...I'm not saying the guy who died was in the right, but if you reach for your gun first and not some other means to stop the guy, you're sorta in the wrong job. In the police especially, the gun should be a LAST RESORT choice and is often the reason why in certain countries they don't give the police guns.
And I go again with the MORE RESEARCH schpeal. In 2009 Tazers for police were still new and NOT widely used.
Also as a last resort this can be seen as because the car could have had all the windows rolled up and that my friend would not be good thing for a tazer since they have no ability to go through things like glass.
This is just an aside, but I love hearing when a police tazers someone and that person dies and then the media jumps all over the police because they need more training and shouldn't be using tazers all willy-nilly. And tazers get the raw deal and there is a call for even less non-lethal methods.

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
Krion_Vark said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
[link]http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/03/21/35070.htm[/link]
I just.....
Fuck..... Just read the damn article you guys.
First off took place almost 2 years ago.
Second the guy was suicidal.
Third WTF is that site you gave
Here is 2 other articles:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705322062/Did-blood-sugar-lead-to-tragedy.html
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705321660/Officer-kills-driver-in-chase.html
Why is every other person on this thread ignoring credible sources???

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
bdcjacko said:
This is just an aside, but I love hearing when a police tazers someone and that person dies and then the media jumps all over the police because they need more training and shouldn't be using tazers all willy-nilly. And tazers get the raw deal and there is a call for even less non-lethal methods.
Yeah I do find it funny. I said it in a previous post but my dad is a state cop in Mass. He does not carry a tazer because of the funding behind it and they are usually the last in the country to get the stuff a couple of weeks ago he said pepper spray still works and its less lethal than a tazer.

And as a side note I told him I want him to taze me when he does get a tazer. I wonder if he will actually tazer me.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
jumjalalabash said:
Krion_Vark said:
I just.....
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705322062/Did-blood-sugar-lead-to-tragedy.html
Why is every other person on this thread ignoring credible sources???
Because its the internet. Hell every source is a credible source here. I mean if someone got their information off 4chan it is considered credible and YES I have seen that on here before and laughed at the absurdity.

CommonSense1013

Mar 24, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Use tragedy to make sweeping statement about a country; typical escapist forum rat.

[Time to leave before this thread gets anymore convoluted... Or turns into an America vs The World flame war]

Agreed.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Wha-wha-whaaaaat?

Wait, stupidity is one thing but why did this happen? What the fuj!?

He got asked to give him meds so he ran him off the road and shot him? It's pretty damn obvious something isn't being explained.

CommonSense1013 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Use tragedy to make sweeping statement about a country; typical escapist forum rat.

[Time to leave before this thread gets anymore convoluted... Or turns into an America vs The World flame war]

Agreed.
Ditto >_>

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Krion_Vark said:
bdcjacko said:
Yeah I do find it funny. I said it in a previous post but my dad is a state cop in Mass. He does not carry a tazer because of the funding behind it and they are usually the last in the country to get the stuff a couple of weeks ago he said pepper spray still works and its less lethal than a tazer.

And as a side note I told him I want him to taze me when he does get a tazer. I wonder if he will actually tazer me.
Don't taze me bro

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Irridium said:
Krion_Vark said:
I just.....
Thank you for linking these. Hopefully people read them before commenting.

Oh who am I kidding, no they wont.
Oh, oh! Pick me! Pick me! I read them!

Then again I almost always read the comments and linked articles. I bet I could post a link to an article about proper pony maintenance, say it was some cop walking into a bar and shooting five underage drinkers in Atlanta, and have the first five people respond with "only in America, dah, hur."

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Krion_Vark said:
Mad1Cow said:
Krion_Vark said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Erm I'm pretty sure The Hangover was joking about the police having tazers and that film came out in 2009. I'm also pretty sure that's when they started selling certain tazers to women, either that or around early 2010. I'll find a source when I can be bothered.
Anyway back to the main point, there are other options then just killing him. Now to my knowledge they were by his pick-up truck when he was off-roaded. They were no negotiations (and don't say they had reason to not negotiate because a guy went on a killing spree in Britain and they still pulled out the megaphone rather than the gun when he had a gun and was threatening the cops.) and also if the window was down he could have shot the glass or simply the tyres. OH NO I'M GONNA GET RUN DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE SO MANY FLATS!!!

I've also been studying policing methods before and came across what they used to teach you in the academy (about the 70s). They too used to always ALWAYS scream out the gun is a last resort weapon. The example they use is that there is an asian at an airport, holding a bag with wires in it. You approach him to ask him to put the bag down, he still keeps walking. You start running up to him, he starts running away. You scream for him to stop, he STILL keeps running. Until eventually someone says "I shoot him". That guy was a foreign electric maintenance man, looking to gain some experience in other industries and now he's dead, you've got to go to court to face his family and you will go to jail for life for misconduct. They used to teach it, I'm pretty sure it's not taught anymore, probably just a lesson in firearms usage and then saying "please only use this as a last resort" which is not going to stop people from using it. The point is police are too trigger happy nowadays and take a life for granted.

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
bdcjacko said:
Krion_Vark said:
Mad1Cow said:
Krion_Vark said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I'd like to point out they sold tazers to women for self-defence. So I find this quite hard to believe. Even my dad who works in the police hasn't heard of any of these cases so if they do exist they're VERY rare.

Dec 14, 2009
CommonSense1013 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Agreed.
Did I say that Americans are morons? No. I simply asked why America gives gun to idiots.

If you use a gun in a scenario like this, and end up killing someone, you're a moron.

If you give police guns then they're just that much more likely to use them in a situation that doesn't demand it.

Try to play the wounded stereotype better next time, 'kay?

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
For people who will no doubt be demanding evidence for tasers being sold to the general public:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0YihXE6xzo

I know it's a little ridiculous but I remember hearing the pink stinger story and I'm pretty sure by searching for it in like the BBC you'd find a news report on it. Also check the date of the video, clearly before 2009.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
GWarface said:
Acrisius said:
Yeah, I was just thinking "only in america" lol.
The worst part is that it isnt just in the US this happends...

NeutralMunchHotel said:
He thinks America is a police state!
Well, if you arent just trolling me, i challenge you to prove me wrong...
The term police state describes a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive.

If you think for a second that the US government is running a police state, take off your tin foil hat and thank God you don't have to live in North Korea or a Middle Eastern dictatorship. The fact that you are even allowed to post that the US is a police state is proof enough that you have freedom of speech.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Mad1Cow said:
Again I say research more.
If you shoot out the tires when a car is at a dead stop it can still go pretty freaking well. It will cause near irreversible damage to car which is VERY expensive to fix.
Also we do not know how many times Joey was shot but it is actually taught to aim for NONFATAL areas to subdue. But then again Joey was behind a 2 ton killing machine.

Also I am pretty sure that the reason they don't teach it with your example anymore because of the fact that the person WOULD NOT be in jail for life because even in that example he followed all procedure and only discharged his weapon as a last resort.