Parents call cops, worried their son forgot to take his medicine. Cops shoot him to death.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Diamondback One said:
Yes, because stopping someone with in a car with their windshields up that are tested to absorb impacts for the driver's protection is totally going to be possible with a single tazer. Before they run you over with that car in a suicidal rage. Brilliant. (In case it was too well concealed for you to notice, it was sarcasm.)
A day to day hazard of policing to be sure.

Or, to rephrase, in what context would a police officer be standing in front of a car attempting to stop it on foot? This isn't GTA.

GWarface

Jun 3, 2010
Acrisius said:
Yeah, I was just thinking "only in america" lol.
The worst part is that it isnt just in the US this happends...

NeutralMunchHotel said:
He thinks America is a police state!
Well, if you arent just trolling me, i challenge you to prove me wrong...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
bdcjacko said:
1) Is courthouse news service a reputable new source? Looks kind of low budget and fake.
2) Who call the cops to make sure their adult son may have forgotten his medicine?
3) Why didn't the cops just pull him over? It sounds like they immediately tried to run him off the road. That sounds fishy to me.
4) Then completely unprovoked the cops all open fire? Again sounds fishy.
I agree.

It takes a lot to get cops to actually shoot someone. And this is one of those things where I squint at the fishy news source and say bull shit.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
I have never said anything like this before on this site, because I don't like to swear, but:

WHAT THE FUCK?! SERIOUSLY!
If this is true, WHO THE HELL HIRES COPS IN AMERICA?!

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
HerbertTheHamster said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

Not sure how to embed, but this is very relevant.

I also love how the article makes the family's response seem so uncaring.
To be fair, they seem to be quoting the official complaint, which was probably put together by the legal group representing the family.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Im gonna wait until we have all the information to make a call on this, thank you very much. I would suggest everybody else starts doing the same thing. Goddamn.

Drake_Dercon

Sep 13, 2010
Fuck... I'm just glad this kind of incident is so rare.

Forget reprimanding the cops, they should be tried as soon as possible.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
*shrugs*
You know I'm actually surpised more of this doesn't happen. I mean really. There are good people and bad people everywhere. Some of them can be cops.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
Krion_Vark said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
[link]http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/03/21/35070.htm[/link]
I just.....
Fuck..... Just read the damn article you guys.
First off took place almost 2 years ago.
Second the guy was suicidal.
Third WTF is that site you gave
Here is 2 other articles:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705322062/Did-blood-sugar-lead-to-tragedy.html
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705321660/Officer-kills-driver-in-chase.html
I completely agree with this, what a slanted post to begin with, even I myself was going to rag on the cops here, but once you know more, it starts to make sense.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Rylot said:
Normally I'd ***** about the thread title being biased, but uh, yeah that's pretty much what happened. Hope to god the cop gets criminal charges brought against him.

Edit: or maybe not.
Um...just wanted to say, I love your avatar.
[sub]I love the Rubeer bandits..[/sub]
OT: Seemed off at first, and then I read the other articles. SO my overwhelmingly apathetic response to the whole situation is no w more seemingly justified.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Um... what?!? If I had been the parents I would have beat the crap out of the officers regardless of jail time. That is some serious bullshit there man. But then again, corruption and misdeeds win out again.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Not terminated?? Not terminated?? If the salt lake city police could do anything right this officer would have been executed.