PC Battlefield 3 Lacks Key FPS Feature

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
This didnt work well in the alpha and I'm not seeing this work well in the full version, what are they thinking

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
So close, EA and Dice! You almost managed to go 24 hours without saying something fucking stupid, and you blew it! Gorram it!

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Good thing i'm getting this on console i suppose.
Pretty much this. I was already going to, but I'm just adding to the already fairly big list of reasons at this stage.

vermin_

May 16, 2011
Oi, You tits.

Did u actualy read this post? Stop fuckin panicking:

Could you please do some research before posting this sensationalist crap & causing people to react as above?

BF3 doesn't have a server browser because BF3 doesn't have a main menu.

Everything is controlled through the Battlelog website, VoIP, server browser, friends list, community forums, stats...everything.

Battlelog is fucking awesome. Seriously.

PS. You don't need to close the game and open it again to change server, simply alt+tab (which is super quick) to Battlelog & find a new one.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
thirion1850 said:
Just... how hard did the train hit them? Seriously. At least they didn't forget shooting.
Then next week we see this headline

Battlefield 3 to lack shooting

You know,because EA thought it would be such a great idea at the time.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Why are people so angry about this? You people are never happy with anything, are you? Seriously, you spend weeks talking good about the game, then one thing comes up that you don't like and suddenly you refuse to buy it. Seems very childish to me.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Love you too, EA.

Sizzle Montyjing said:
*slow-clap*
Well done EA, well done.
I know consoles are a lucrative market and all, but have you stopped trying to get money out of the PC gaming crowd?
They offer you money, you decline and slap them with your genitals.

Good thing i'm getting this on console i suppose.
Because dickery is the only language they speak, I suggest you buy it used from Gamestop. I know I will.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, i won't start screaming in dismay yet, I'll wait till the game actually comes out. There's a chance that it'll actually be something even better. So what I'm trying to say is, we'll see.

dropZero

Feb 10, 2011
Funny. Sometimes it seems EA is purposefully trying everything it can to make its PC fans hate it even more than they already do.

TheComfyChair

Sep 17, 2010
Played the alpha. Used battlelog. Found it better than all in game server browsers ever made. Alt-tabbing to it was far faster than anything in bad company 2 or battlefield 2.

Stop whining. The reason they're still using it was because all the thousands of alpha testers said it was good. Which it is.

it's just a bit weird at first.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Frapple said:
Could you please do some research before posting this sensationalist crap & causing people to react as above?

BF3 doesn't have a server browser because BF3 doesn't have a main menu.

Everything is controlled through the Battlelog website, VoIP, server browser, friends list, community forums, stats...everything.

Battlelog is fucking awesome. Seriously.

PS. You don't need to close the game and open it again to change server, simply alt+tab (which is super quick) to Battlelog & find a new one.
curious, how does Origin fits into this? Because it would be pretty ass it has to re-authenticate everytime the game quits out, etc.

Looks like you're in the know so please let me know how it all fits. Because right now i'm having a serious crisis.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Battlefield 3 sounded so good to begin with too..

I mean, im sure the gameplay is still as good as it looked like before but seriously, are EA really trying this hard to piss PC gamers off?

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
C95J said:
Why are people so angry about this? You people are never happy with anything, are you? Seriously, you spend weeks talking good about the game, then one thing comes up that you don't like and suddenly you refuse to buy it. Seems very childish to me.
People complaining about fans or "gamers" that complain seem to be forgetting one, minor, tiny, little detail:

The companies are expecting us to PAY for the game, and, in most cases, pay means a lot of money, even for somebody with a decent income.

So when X wants me to PAY for Y game that lacks Z feature, and that Z feature is rather important to me, I have every right to be unhappy and to say "I will not buy Y product since it does not cover the Z feature, which I desire".

Seriously, folks seem to forget that THE COSTUMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. The logic is -THIS- easy: Guess what, I'm the costumer. I want a main menu. No main menu? Find another costumer.

Fewell

Aug 12, 2011
I played BF2 lots. Like a lot of lots. I still have it installed and still play it. If they managed to capture any of the old magic, you're not going to be bouncing around servers. You'll find a few good ones and stick with them.
I stopped paying attention when they confirmed 3d spotting so I don't know if they've released info on what the matches will be like but a 30 minute match would be super fast for bf2. This game ain't halo or call of duty, when you get 64 players on a conquest map you can expect hour long matches. You simply do not bounce around like on the games where you play a lot more, faster matches.