PC Battlefield 3 Lacks Key FPS Feature

Stavros Dimou

Mar 15, 2011
That's a clear attack against the internet/lan cafe business.

There are cafes with computers that have installed games on them,and people who either don't have internet connection on their homes or powerful enough computers to run games,play multiplayer games there.

Cafes buy a copy of the game for each computer,and they authenticate one game for each computer,and the costumers never get to see the serial number or passwords of the authentication.
If the game requires you to log in to a website,they won't be able because the cafe wouldn't have the password of their accounts in public view,which means that a player would have to buy the game himself to play it.

Greedy E.A. saw that more than one players get to play for each activated of their games,and want to fight it.

Sharing your computer is considered evil by publishers...

petergriff06

Mar 25, 2011
Senarrius said:
petergriff06 said:
Senarrius said:
petergriff06 said:
Once in game you can change settings but only once you have spawned.

Just to clarify there is a server browser, it's just part of Battlelog so to start searching for a server to join you just have to open a new tab/your web browser, join one and boom it's loading the map, no waiting for a menu to load...
Only once you have spawned? usually after making plenty of changes including adding loads of AA and AF you need to restart.

This all seems like a major step backwards to me.
Changing them did not require a restart but there were no detailed options only resolution and low, medium and high.
That seems really useless to me, only low, medium and high?!

What is this, a pc game or not. It seems we'll have to go dig around the config files to get anything done, that's if they even bother having any we can use, considering they want this to basically be a browser game from what it sounds like.
I'm assuming there will be more options in the retail release, it was only Alpha :)

n19h7m4r3

Sep 9, 2008
EA says that a lot and usually disappoints.

I'll wait till after the game is out and see what users and reviewers say before buying it now.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Frapple said:
PS. You don't need to close the game and open it again to change server, simply alt+tab (which is super quick) to Battlelog & find a new one.
That's what I thought. It does sound less completely insane.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
This is a massive step backwards. Who's the fuckin' idiot who thought this was a good idea?

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Whoa! A lot of negativity surrounding this! Honestly people, I played the Alpha and it REALLY WORKS WELL. This article does make it seem somewhat bad, but it really isn't. (Well, unless you swap servers every 5 seconds, then there'll be a lot of alt-tabbing for ya I guess. >_> )

Seriously, calm down.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Frapple said:
Could you please do some research before posting this sensationalist crap & causing people to react as above?

BF3 doesn't have a server browser because BF3 doesn't have a main menu.

Everything is controlled through the Battlelog website, VoIP, server browser, friends list, community forums, stats...everything.

Battlelog is fucking awesome. Seriously.

PS. You don't need to close the game and open it again to change server, simply alt+tab (which is super quick) to Battlelog & find a new one.
This.

Seriously guys I'm not even a PC gamer but I can read the damn article, it's all there. But of course frothing at the mouth at a perceived slight is just so much fun.

Tis curious mind you, however the thought of getting the lobby screen back (oh BF2MC how I missed you) is beautiful for consoles. I seriously missed that.

Now, can they do something about getting parties larger than 4? I have a dozen friends who'll be on this game, wouldn't mind playing with them all and not just 3 at a time.

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
EA:DICE, Battlefield 3, is she... alright?
DICE: In your greed, you killed her.
EA: http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Senarrius said:
That seems really useless to me, only low, medium and high?!

What is this, a pc game or not. It seems we'll have to go dig around the config files to get anything done, that's if they even bother having any we can use, considering they want this to basically be a browser game from what it sounds like.
Well, alpha and beta versions do often have very limited graphical options, so that makes sense. And from what I've heard in a Gamescom preview the graphics are made with the PC in mind, then toned down for the console version.

All this stuff is so conflicting. On one hand, they seem to really care for the PC platform, but I'll have to wait and see whether all this is very user friendly. Alpha reports at the moment seem to swing back and forth between good and bad.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
You know, the more I think about it, the more I, kinda like the idea. I would prefer if they go back to an in game browser, but if it works like the Free2Play Battlefield games, except it has a browser and not just play now, than this might not actually be too bad.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I wasn't gonna get either BF3 or MW3 this fall, but this move may slaughter their PC sales... Looks like MW3 might win the battle.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
Wow,.. you guys really, really don't want people to buy this game, do you?
Battlefield 3 is no doubt a superior game to MW3, but I for one would find it difficult to recommend BF3 to anyone that planned to run it on PC. EA have just cocked it up in so many ways.

Damnit EA, just when I thought we could be friends.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
Considering pretty much everyone who actually played the "alpha" has said Battlelog is a superior service to any other server browser put out to date I'm a bit more willing to believe them than knee jerk forum goers and hysterical news posters.

The ABSOLUTE ONLY concern this should raise is if single player is also accessed through a website only. That would basically make it Ubisoft's DRM, which is terrible.

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
Im not sold on the whole BF3 hype train anyway. I will be buying both, but I think ill end up with my familiar COD love affair.

Xangi

Mar 4, 2009
Wasn't buying it anyway, not my type of game. Seriously though, is there some kind of "retard-itis" going around in mainstream developers lately? Seems everyone who makes major money off their games is doing stupid things with them.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Okay, now they are just trolling.

Seriously! First they announced they won't use the most spread digital retailer and now this? Are they trying to piss off the PC croud?