PC Gamers Beat Console Crowd to Bad Company 2 Vietnam Map Unlock

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
shaboinkin said:
vallorn said:
just as a point i think they should remake BF:2142 with the new engine... mainly because of Titan fights with destructible buildings would be all kinds of awesome.
You are my friend, kind sir.
and you are mine good sir... FOR THE FROSTBITE TITANS!

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Nouw said:
In NZ, the prime reason for restricting a game is blood. Although if it's RTS it can make exceptions (or it's rated M in Austrailia) but for shooters, blood=R16.

Not allowed to play Restricted Games, and so what I'm saying is that if they removed the blood it would be 'M' and I'd be able to buy it as I planned to.
Weird.

They do realize that there is absolutely no evidence that the books people read, the movies people watch, nor the games people play provide any influence on who they are as a person right?

That the entire stigma is fabricated by people with little to no understanding of psychology or reality as a whole?

If not somebody should probably enroll your lawmakers back into college. I don't think they got enough learning done while they were there. If they didn't go to college I'd suggest getting new lawmakers. If the college they went to was merely for law, well, send them to regular college.

At any rate, fascinating stuff. I wonder if it could have been passed by having green blood in it? Thanks for the update :).

Tiny116 said:
insanelich said:
BUT PC GAMING IS DEAAAAAAAAAAD!
PC Gaming is far from Dead, it's just no longer mainstream.
And it doesn't surprise me at all that PC gamers beat other consoles to the punch
Hate to sound like a smug asshole (especially since I play consoles more) but I don't think PC gamers have lost anything by being not mainstream. FPS lost their appeal the moment I got to play one online and met "The average FPS player."

It almost made me a pessimist, quite nearly.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Erm...a person I know said it's a load of bollocks that the PC market won because they had severs purely for team based actions. Whereas, the 360 players are stuck waiting to join games which have five people on each team. Doesn't help you can only comminicate with your squad, no one else. Still, at least the console players will get their eventually.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Hybridwolf said:
Erm...a person I know said it's a load of bollocks that the PC market won because they had severs purely for team based actions. Whereas, the 360 players are stuck waiting to join games which have five people on each team. Doesn't help you can only comminicate with your squad, no one else. Still, at least the console players will get their eventually.
in this case i think independent VOIP programs may have something to do with the PC's increased teamwork.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Le Tueur said:
So I guess there is no need to defibrillate the PC community then?
I kinda wanna make a Horatio comic out of that one. Thank you for making my day more fun, sir.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
<insert comment about PC gamers not being the master race because we have to deal with the disease known as DRM, which we brought apon ourselves and PC Jesus gave it to us to realize our pirating ways and to halt it so we can get a cure>

Honestly I HATE BBC2. All I feel in the game is pure hate whenever I play this game. It may be because I'm not all that good at it, but come on! 50 bullets the the chest wont kill some one, but a lucky shot to my head will kill me? Also does this play any different from BC2 (besides the weapons or environment)

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Fenring said:
Is anyone surprised by this? Larger teams and the generally more organized teams on PC would logically dictate more "team actions."
Also modified servers and the such *whistle*

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Nouw said:
Guess PC Gamers wanted to try a bit harder. I could help with that if Bad Company 2 didn't have blood in it... YOU LOST 1 CUSTOMER WHO LOVES BAD COMPANY DICE!

I guess it's far more popular on the PC, being that console owners haven't even reached a quarter and arguably not even half combined.
But think of the children!!!

Back on topic;
I was just thinking should I buy this expansion... Or not, well Ill go buy it next Monday 14,95 ain't that much...
Pc gamers like to work for their goal bit more, and we choose the communities and people we play with faster and better than usually on console (Don't know for sure since I don't own the current Gen consoles, or games, I simply can't afford to pay 80euros a XBOX or PS3 Game, instead of 50 euros for PC...)

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Hardcore_gamer said:
PeePantz said:
Being released to the PC a few days before obviously gives them an unfair advantage.
The scoring did not start until after the consoles got the game as well, the news article even says so.
Why quote me if you didn't read my post? That wasn't even close to my point, and I am well aware.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
theultimateend said:
Nouw said:
In NZ, the prime reason for restricting a game is blood. Although if it's RTS it can make exceptions (or it's rated M in Austrailia) but for shooters, blood=R16.

Not allowed to play Restricted Games, and so what I'm saying is that if they removed the blood it would be 'M' and I'd be able to buy it as I planned to.
Weird.

They do realize that there is absolutely no evidence that the books people read, the movies people watch, nor the games people play provide any influence on who they are as a person right?

That the entire stigma is fabricated by people with little to no understanding of psychology or reality as a whole?

If not somebody should probably enroll your lawmakers back into college. I don't think they got enough learning done while they were there. If they didn't go to college I'd suggest getting new lawmakers. If the college they went to was merely for law, well, send them to regular college.

At any rate, fascinating stuff. I wonder if it could have been passed by having green blood in it? Thanks for the update :).
Well that's what I'm pretty sure of anyway. And I think even alien blood counts, the Starship Troopers game has green/yellowish blood and it's labelled R16...
Austrailia had something strange going on however, all the Halo games except the new Reach was M (which NZ shares at times. Once again, Halo having blood got R16). I wonder why they 'upped the ante.'

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
Skjutentrast said:
Calico93 said:
This is because alot of people got Blops for christmas, thus arent on BFBC2. And theres alot more PC Battlefield players, myeh im not surprised.
Btw this vietnam pack is AWESOME.
Lolno.

The PC have 54,951,555 hours played.

Xbox have 94,868,509 and ps3 89,996,493 hours played.

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/globalstats?platform=ps3

So yeah. Alot of good statistics on that page.
Considering those stats are probably from before Vietnam was released, I don't think that's too reliable. In the hype, I played BFBC2 alot, I hardly play it anymore, due to new releases.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Does the game still run like crap on normal PC's? Ran like garbage on mine because of the particle effects and I will not play unless I can turn the damn dust effects down so I can play without lagging horrifically every time a grenade goes off.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Blights said:
Skjutentrast said:
Considering those stats are probably from before Vietnam was released, I don't think that's too reliable. In the hype, I played BFBC2 alot, I hardly play it anymore, due to new releases.
Nope.avi

Released an hour ago, PC has about half the amount of hours played. Face it, this victory was staged by people running modified servers. Even if the hours on PC were even anywhere near the consoles it is still to suspiciously fast.