PC Gamers Beat Console Crowd to Bad Company 2 Vietnam Map Unlock

Wolfe90

Jan 1, 2011
Not to sound like a dick but this is to be expected. As a whole PC gamers do work as a team better than console players do.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Hats off to the PC Crowd.

Ah, still good on the console boyos too. After all, without the whole PC vs. console thing, gaming just wouldn't be a fun.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
nesto said:
they should subract 3,960,000 users statistics. Thats how many pirated Bad Company2 on PC this year.
Except they can't play online.
The PS3 and 360 pirated versions can, however.
Well, I don't know about 360, but the PS3 can.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Nouw said:
theultimateend said:
Nouw said:
In NZ, the prime reason for restricting a game is blood. Although if it's RTS it can make exceptions (or it's rated M in Austrailia) but for shooters, blood=R16.

Not allowed to play Restricted Games, and so what I'm saying is that if they removed the blood it would be 'M' and I'd be able to buy it as I planned to.
Weird.

They do realize that there is absolutely no evidence that the books people read, the movies people watch, nor the games people play provide any influence on who they are as a person right?

That the entire stigma is fabricated by people with little to no understanding of psychology or reality as a whole?

If not somebody should probably enroll your lawmakers back into college. I don't think they got enough learning done while they were there. If they didn't go to college I'd suggest getting new lawmakers. If the college they went to was merely for law, well, send them to regular college.

At any rate, fascinating stuff. I wonder if it could have been passed by having green blood in it? Thanks for the update :).
Well that's what I'm pretty sure of anyway. And I think even alien blood counts, the Starship Troopers game has green/yellowish blood and it's labelled R16...
Austrailia had something strange going on however, all the Halo games except the new Reach was M (which NZ shares at times. Once again, Halo having blood got R16). I wonder why they 'upped the ante.'
I'll leave this at the following since frankly there isn't much more I can add.

I am just overly amazed at the fact that this is a thing.

Like...I dunno I always hoped that it was just the US being ironically hyper sensitive. That we'd invade other countries and point out their issues while mirroring the exact same stuff in our own borders just observed with a different pair of glasses.

But like...to censor something because it actualizes the fact that we are living breathing things and that we bleed is just-I don't even.

Man. Seems like even the laws in Australia are poisonous :/.

At any rate, I'm sorry you miss out, Viva Pinata is pretty good? Go try that, it teaches you that to make babies you just dance with someone similar to you. (It's absolutely true)

(Note: I joke but I effing loved VP and VP2 >_>)

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Surprise = Minimal

Seriously, it seems like 80% of the PC gaming community is more sane than the entire XBL Community or PSN Community. I'm not surprised they work together more easily.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
Looks like DICE took pity on the poor consoles. [http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/12/30/happy-new-year.aspx]

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
UPDATE

Operation Hastings has been unlocked on 360 and PS3 now as a New Year gift for having our arses kicked by the PC folk.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/12/30/happy-new-year.aspx

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
theultimateend said:
Le Snippet
Alls a bit well though, I can finally play any restricted games this year(except 18 T_T which is a loss for only Left 4 Dead, Gears of War and other violent games I crave) so I'm looking forward to perhaps rent Bad Company 2 for my Xbox 360 and finally move on from Bad Company 1!

I WILL TURN THE SCALES! *Evil Laugh

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Canid117 said:
My internet should be fine. I can play Team Fortress 2 without any lag and the times the game would lag in BFBC2 was when stuff blew up. My Chipset is an ATI mobility Radeon 4200 series with an M520 series CPU at 2.30 GHZ according according my system information on control panel.
Well, there's yer problem: crap graphics card. Might not run even World of Warcraft at Medium at a stable frame rate, judging by some benchmarks I've found.

I hope that CPU is dual core as well, otherwise that's also your problem.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
If only the console gamers could put an end to this blasted console war and work together for this common goal, become brothers in arms just this once and fight for freeedoooom!

stewox

Dec 25, 2009
hehe the image was edited , the graphs don't show the real percentage visual-wise on consoles. See other sites.

PC !!!

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Canid117 said:
My internet should be fine. I can play Team Fortress 2 without any lag and the times the game would lag in BFBC2 was when stuff blew up. My Chipset is an ATI mobility Radeon 4200 series with an M520 series CPU at 2.30 GHZ according according my system information on control panel.
Well, there's yer problem: crap graphics card. Might not run even World of Warcraft at Medium at a stable frame rate, judging by some benchmarks I've found.

I've run Wow just fine on this system and MW2 ran like butter (though most of the MW2 lag is only of the variety you see in killcam) so I don't know.

Mystericwolf

Jan 2, 2011
I'm not sure if this is the same on the PS3, but I've noticed that you only have the ability to communicate with your 4-man squad when playing Rush or Conquest on the 360 - I'm fairly certain that PC users would be able to use alternatives for communication (Skype, X-fire, etc.)- and thus would be able to better coordinate as a team than their unfortunate console counterparts - whom have no choice but to play their games as independent groups of 2-4 man squads that can't communicate with the rest of the team. It may not be a huge issue, but I don't think it can be ruled out as a factor...

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Mystericwolf said:
I'm not sure if this is the same on the PS3, but I've noticed that you only have the ability to communicate with your 4-man squad when playing Rush or Conquest on the 360 - I'm fairly certain that PC users would be able to use alternatives for communication (Skype, X-fire, etc.)- and thus would be able to better coordinate as a team than their unfortunate console counterparts - whom have no choice but to play their games as independent groups of 2-4 man squads that can't communicate with the rest of the team. It may not be a huge issue, but I don't think it can be ruled out as a factor...
Yes, because the entire PC crowd opens Ventrilo when they play their videogames. It's all an elaborate conspiracy by the PC gaming master race to beat the console crowd at unlocking a map. :/

Or maybe it's the fact that every time I see someone walk up to a hotzone, he or she drops a support kit like ammunition, and a medkit to heal. When I played BC2 on consoles, they just played BC2 like they played Call of Duty, run n' gun, then wonder where their killstreaks went.

Canid117 said:
Delusibeta said:
Canid117 said:

I've run Wow just fine on this system and MW2 ran like butter (though most of the MW2 lag is only of the variety you see in killcam) so I don't know.
Bad Company 2 is a very demanding game. The game not only requires a decent GPU to run, but it also requires a decent processor. Even a dual core is barely enough to run it. If you do have a dual core, it should be at least a mid range processor. The physics in the game are what takes such power.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
insanelich said:
BUT PC GAMING IS DEAAAAAAAAAAD!
I snickered.

I also snickered when I saw the screengrab. It looks a tad pathetic (although I'm not sure for who).

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Zer_ said:
Mystericwolf said:
Yes, because the entire PC crowd opens Ventrilo when they play their videogames. It's all an elaborate conspiracy by the PC gaming master race to beat the console crowd at unlocking a map. :/

Or maybe it's the fact that every time I see someone walk up to a hotzone, he or she drops a support kit like ammunition, and a medkit to heal. When I played BC2 on consoles, they just played BC2 like they played Call of Duty, run n' gun, then wonder where their killstreaks went.

Canid117 said:
Delusibeta said:
Canid117 said:

Bad Company 2 is a very demanding game. The game not only requires a decent GPU to run, but it also requires a decent processor. Even a dual core is barely enough to run it. If you do have a dual core, it should be at least a mid range processor. The physics in the game are what takes such power.
my mac is a quad core. PWNED. it also has more video ram then an xbox and a ps3 combined. and about 32-64 times as much ram as an xbox

Cvstos

Dec 31, 2010
WoW is made to have relatively low system requirements. This is to get many, many computers all running it at once without any one person dragging down everyone in the area. Also to let people play it in cyber cafés and such. It inches up with each expansion, but during that time computers get faster, too. It does sacrifice graphics for this, though. The graphics in WoW aren't bad, mind, but they're far below what many non-MMO games are doing these days.

To really be able to say "well game X runs fine so game Y should too" you need to be comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Look for similar system requirements.

Here's what WoW requires.

Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon? 9500 video card or better
- 25.0 GB available HD space
- 4X DVD-ROM drive (Downloadable Installer also available)
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard/mouse

Here's what BC2 requires.

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
Graphics memory: 256MB
Free HDD space:
15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

Again, not even in the same league. In fact, here are the RECOMMENDED system specs for WoW.

Windows® System Vista64/Windows 7 OS:

- Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- 2 GB RAM
- 256 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 or ATI Radeon? HD 2600 or better
- Multi-button mouse with scroll-wheel

The *recommended* system specs for WoW aren't even as high as the *minimum* specs for BC2!

Also, as was pointed out, there are a lot of desktops these days that sell with mobility cards and CPUs to save cash. All-in-ones are particularly nasty about that, but other cheap desktops do it, too. A lot of desktops also sell with intel integrated cards, and at that point you might as well throw the damn computer out the window because you're not going to be able to play any game more demanding than solitaire.

Unless you really want a Mac or don't have local e-recycling, building it yourself (or finding a geek to do it for you) is the way to go. And if you don't have local e-recycling in your area, pester your elected officials about it until you do.