PC Gamers Launch Crysis 2 Petition

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
I would sign, but I don't plan to buy it until there is a major drop in price. Kind of like I'm doing with Black Ops, Civ 5, New Vegas, and so on. It's just not practical to buy it at 60$... in all, it will be a while.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
signer #304 here.
From the jungle to the city I love superpunching aliens right in the mouth.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Exort said:
There is no clear goal for this petition, maybe that is why no one signs it.
It's a gesture of support, and a pledge to purchase a legal copy of the PC version. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i pledge to buy the PC version of crysis 2 but only if my computer can play it without any problems so unless i get a demo i may have to settle with a console version

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Rocket Dog said:
I HIGHLY doubt an "honor" code will stop pirating.
not with that attitude

be positive bro

no, I'm not THAT stupid, of course I know that piracy will always exist, but there's nothing we can really do about it

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I will maybe get Crysis 2 if I feel safe about running it on my computer. I never played the first one, but after seeing a bit of gameplay videos, it does look intriguing.

Good for the PC crowd, I wish them the best of luck with their petition. This restores a few decimal points in my faith in humanity.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I want to make a snarky comment, but being a PC gamer myself and realizing that a negative attitude won't get anything anywhere, I'll refrain from making said snarky comment. On a brighter note, it's nice to see not everybody has become a completely cheap bastard.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
petition
n
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a written document signed by a large number of people demanding some form of action from a government or other authority
2. any formal request to a higher authority or deity; entreaty
3. (Law) Law a formal application in writing made to a court asking for some specific judicial action a petition for divorce
4. the action of petitioning
vb
1. (tr) to address or present a petition to (a person in authority, government, etc.) to petition Parliament
2. (intr; foll by for) to seek by petition to petition for a change in the law
[from Latin petītiō, from petere to seek]

But what they hell, lets go ahead and add "A pledge to do something superficial" while we're at it.
This is why nobody takes online petitions seriously.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
I will be dedicated to buying Crysis 2 as soon as I get a functioning PC demo. Until then, no dice.

Apr 28, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Shame for them. I mean, man what a waste of their hard work. A game like Crysis probably costs millions of dollars and has lots of risk attached and...man. I mean, just wow. I guess the console link will make it easier for them but you gotta see the positives here. Maybe...just maybe this is a sign. A sign...that they shouldn't be sticking to the PC. A sign to show them a new way, a new way in these troubled times. A new way exclusive to console, where they could developed new and exciting games. Drop the Crysis franchise and embracPLEASE MAKE A NEW TIMESPLITTERS!
What he said.

Specifically about the new timesplitters part.

And don't let EA have any say in its development. They'll just try to make it like Call of Duty.
Rocket Dog said:
teh_Canape said:
fuck it, if a sue warning doesn't prevent gamers from pirating, the honor code will
I HIGHLY doubt an "honor" code will stop pirating.
Well, at best it'll turn a few pirates into buyers, at worst its no more effective then current anti-piracy methods, but it has the benefit of being much cheaper.

Point is, nothing will ever stop piracy, and the sooner Publishers get that through their thick skulls the sooner they can find ways to at least reduce it. And not in the form of more pointless and useless DRM.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Count me along the people who will buy it legally...

Just in a few years, when the price drops on steam.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
I wonder how many people who signed this have already pirated it to play or will before the official release. Not saying they couldn't do that and then buy the release when it hits of course. Just be curious how many people would reach out with one hand while using the other to start the torrent is all.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I'm not signing this. It's absolutely nothing to do with me, and PC piracy is absolutely not my problem. This is a Crytek internal discipline problem (as a Crytek employee must have leaked it) and I'm sick of enthusiastic PC gamers taking the blame for piracy as though collective responsibility exists, but only when it's us naughty PC gamers stealing everything all the time. I'm going to blame pirates and corporations. Pirates for being weak-willed and opportunistic, and corporations for fostering an atmosphere of resentment by denying demos and lumping honest customers with draconian DRM. Let's be frank here, there's 3 groups. Pirates, publishers/developers, and paying PC gamers. The first 2 are to blame for piracy, and the third is punished for it every time. I'm not apologising for their screwups any longer.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Ditto.....I still need to finish Crysis and Crysis Warhead, anyway; this is one I can wait until its $20 or less to snag. Nothing personal....but unless reviews suggest the game has some serious Wow factor to it, I just don't have the money to plunk down on yet another generic shooter about an augmented super soldier/space marine dude (super soldier in this case). Like I said, Steam has taught me one important lesson: save that purchase money for the holiday sales!

Edit: As for the pirates....well, I wish they'd all go muck up someone else's hobby, but given that I am not convinced these guys would ever pay for anything they download anyway, all I can say is, "Thanks for making PC gaming once again the hotspot for the IP criminal dregs, guys, please go away now and stop messing it up for the rest of us legitmiate gamers who understand that the development costs of these games don't appear spontaneously out of thin air." Not that I can afford $60 games these days, unless they are seriously impressive....but that's not an excuse to go pirate the thing. Steam Sale FTW!