PC Version of New Deus Ex Developed by "Partner" Studio

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Void(null) said:
josemlopes said:
Well, maybe its for the best, these guys are the ones that make sure that you dont find "Press RB to reload" in the game so... and since their previous works have been ports I guess that its ok.
Have you played any of those ports?

Not exacrly the best.

Guardian of Light alone is absolutely hell on a mouse and keyboard... and the PC practically invented ARPG's.
I was hoping that those guys were good. Oh well, I do have an Xbox 360.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"I can tell the PC fans that, actually in the office when I'm playing the game I don't play on Xbox 360 or PS3, I play on the PC," he said. "It's shaping out to be very good. It's on the same level as the other platforms." Eidos will talk about the PC-specific changes "eventually," he added.
While I am more of a PC-gamer than console-gamer these days, shouldn't you play it on all three equally? Not pointing any fingers though, just making a light-hearted statement.

Anyways, I hope it's good~

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Well, this is a bad news. I have a high-end PC, but this news actually sealed the deal - I'll buy it for my PS3. I'll have to spend bonus cash on it (I dunno about the rest of the world, but in Poland console games are about 50-100 Zloty [about 15-30 $] more expensive than PC games), but this info just reeks of a shitty port, and if there's one thing I hate in the gaming, it's shitty ports...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I consider this a good thing. There is no reason to assume that anything else is different about the game besides the company handling the PC version. They should develop the exact same game in the end, but optimized for the PC. I didn't like Kane and Lynch 2 as a game, but it did run very well and looked pretty goo to boot. So, this pretty much ensures this isn't a port, since it's not being developed by the same exact team. I repeat, there is no reason that anything about the game should be different, besides PC only coding, which is good.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
WaaghPowa said:
Perhaps it really will be as good as they say?
Yes, hiding the fact that the PC version was outsourced and stating "but it's ROOLY ROOLY GOOD" when you finally admit to it is always a good sign.

What it's a good sign of is probably best left unmentioned, though.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
From the looks of it in the gameplay demo at gamespot they added iron sights, effectively killing the stat based gunplay. They also made take downs stylish and time consuming which means no longer can I make a person unconscious when they are in a group. It is no longer a matter of bashing on his head with a club. Its like pressing a context sensitive button when near that guy. But the art style is absolutely delicious.
One thing I can say is that the fans of the first ones will be disappointed but not by much.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
WaaghPowa said:
Perhaps it really will be as good as they say?
Yes, hiding the fact that the PC version was outsourced and stating "but it's ROOLY ROOLY GOOD" when you finally admit to it is always a good sign.

What it's a good sign of is probably best left unmentioned, though.
Hey, I've been waiting for this game for over over 6 years and I was TRYING to be optimistic for a change. gawd :p

But yes, the fact that we're just learning about this outsourcing is very unnerving.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Bull-Fucking-Shit...

I was already skeptical about the less than stellar gameplay demonstration but this has just crushed any hope I had for this game on PC...

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Erm not sure if this is good news, though on the other hand they are investing in our economy. ;-)

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
WaaghPowa said:
Hey, I've been waiting for this game for over over 6 years and I was TRYING to be optimistic for a change. gawd :p
When 'Eidos' and 'PC' are put together in a sentence optimism is not a natural or logical reaction. In fact, it comes much closer to 'trying to alter reality purely by force of naivety'.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Guhungus said:
But if you think about it, wouldn't that mean Eidos Montreal didn't feel confident enough in its ability to port it properly - that they'd need to privately contract a studio that is dedicated to ports. Doesn't seem too bad...
Or you could read it as Eidos Montreal just didn't give a fuck enough about the PC version to be arsed.

Also, is it just me (it's not) or is it really odd that it's always the PC version gets the sharp end of the outsourcing stick despite the fact that programming/coding wise the PC and the 360 are far more similar to each other than either is to the PS3?

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
Guhungus said:
But if you think about it, wouldn't that mean Eidos Montreal didn't feel confident enough in its ability to port it properly - that they'd need to privately contract a studio that is dedicated to ports. Doesn't seem too bad...
Or you could read it as Eidos Montreal just didn't give a fuck enough about the PC version to be arsed.

Also, is it just me (it's not) or is it really odd that it's always the PC version gets the sharp end of the outsourcing stick despite the fact that programming/coding wise the PC and the 360 are far more similar to each other than either is to the PS3?
"Dont you know? Those Dirty PC gamers are ALL pirates that want to steal our games! Plus they demand intelligence and depth from a game! Shooting Arab terrorists isnt enough apparently. The Gaul of them! We dont have time to think of that stuff!
Better to focus on the larger console crowd. Port it to PC later if we have spare time. Hell, hire some bottom feeder company to save time! We've got hookers ****!"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Well now, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. If these guys are just contract programmers who aren't doing anything more (or less) than what they're told, all should be well. I don't take it as a particularly encouraging sign, but I don't think we should rush to judgment on it either. Everything I've heard about it from very trusted sources tells me that the game, on consoles at least, is positively HOT.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Well now, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. If these guys are just contract programmers who aren't doing anything more (or less) than what they're told, all should be well. I don't take it as a particularly encouraging sign, but I don't think we should rush to judgment on it either. Everything I've heard about it from very trusted sources tells me that the game, on consoles at least, is positively HOT.
PC Version of New Deus Ex Coming from "Partner" Studio
PC Version of New Deus Ex
PC Version

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Andy Chalk said:
I don't think we should rush to judgment on it either.
This is the internet, if we don't rush to judge things as soon as possible other people will judge them before us, ripping from us the opportunity for some quality pontification and doomsaying.