PC Version of New Deus Ex Developed by "Partner" Studio

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
valkeminator said:
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops, First time I bought the game and played on Single player, I can't believe my BRAND NEW PC with GTX 465 and i5 could not run the game on High setting considering the graphics are just more or less the same with Modern Warfare... and I can play other games on high settings mostly. Turns out it IS a bad port... tsk tsk. And again, in house porting. nice work Treyarch.
Your problem is underlined.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Christ, you people like to cry a lot. Anyone would think that the news post said, "Eidos Will Shoot Your Dog."

I really don't see what all the wailing and gnashing of teeth is about. That really doesn't sound so bad. Besides, the PC ports of K&L2 and Guardian of Light were fine.

*shrug*

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
Lucifron said:
valkeminator said:
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops,

*Snip*

Treyarch.
Exactly what I'm trying to say.
maybe this outsourcing isn't that bad after all.

... on the pessimistic side you can say any game that has the word PC PORT on it is basically doomed.

May 25, 2010
Doom972 said:
Sound like this is going to be a repeat of Deus Ex: Invisible War.
The original Deus Ex was so great because it was developed for the PC and so the limitations of the consoles weren't a problem.
But the game was ported to PS2, mostly intact. That certainly says something, doesn't it?

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
Irridium said:
Granted Kane and Lynch 2 wasn't that great either. Since if you wanted to play on a LAN, you need to use a 360 controller. And this is not mentioned anywhere.
The fuck?
How... Why... wh... the fuck?

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
valkeminator said:
Lucifron said:
valkeminator said:
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops,

*Snip*

Treyarch.
Exactly what I'm trying to say.
maybe this outsourcing isn't that bad after all.

... on the pessimistic side you can say any game that has the word PC PORT on it is basically doomed.
I agree. If Nissex or whatever they're called just do what they're told, then maybe we'll be fine.

Even so, the only who will be able to tell us for sure, is time.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
jeretik said:
This was never going to turn out well, people. Keep in mind that the guy in command is not Warren Spector and he doesn't have a clue about Thief and System Shock; therefore, he cannot make a good Deus Ex game.
Your right there, Thief 4 is equally fucked, I once read a quote that the dev in question thoght that Invisible War didn't have enough action.
We. Is. Facked.

Brother Pain

Dec 17, 2008
Right, so game is developed for console first (not surprising, but still not good), it's being ported to pc by the people who ported amongst other things Tomb the unplayable mess that is Raider Underworld. Well, at least

I was cautiously optimistic, but after the gameplay video and this news, unless I hear specific good news for the pc version, I'm waiting for the bargain bin or a Steam sale...

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
Brother Pain said:
Right, so game is developed for console first (not surprising, but still not good)
Unfortunately, most of the games we have today is mostly geared to focus on Console first... I'm quite disappointed to be honest. It is acceptable I guess considering the market situation now, but I hope someone out there finally mastered the art of porting games, or a game engine that allows easy and optimal porting between PC, 360 and PS3...

I challenge for those engineers out there to make porting disaster a myth!!!

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
the fact that it is being ported by another company is perfectly fine....

the fact that it isnt developed for the PC first and then ported to consoles raises some suspicions however. this seems eerily reminiscent of the direction they took with dues ex 2. id say "youd think theyd learn by now", but ive long accepted that publishers are mentally incapable of such a feat.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
It seems like claiming the pc port is "great, just great" and then it turns out to be a big load of bollocks is quite common.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
May just save me the money, then.

I remember the Saints Row 2 port far too well... I still have nightmares.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Ominous news. Though LCatGoL played well on the PC. so maybe...

still very ominous. Homefront didn't fair too well on the PC and that was dev by a different team too >.<

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
guess as a PC gamer, i should be thankful that they even consider making it play on the PC. <.<