PC Version of New Deus Ex Developed by "Partner" Studio

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Sound like this is going to be a repeat of Deus Ex: Invisible War.
The original Deus Ex was so great because it was developed for the PC and so the limitations of the consoles weren't a problem.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
Na na na na na na na naaa SCAPEGOAT!

[sub]Scapegoat[/sub]
[HEADING=2]Scapegoat![/HEADING]

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Void(null) said:
Andy Chalk said:
Well now, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. If these guys are just contract programmers who aren't doing anything more (or less) than what they're told, all should be well. I don't take it as a particularly encouraging sign, but I don't think we should rush to judgment on it either. Everything I've heard about it from very trusted sources tells me that the game, on consoles at least, is positively HOT.
PC Version of New Deus Ex Coming from "Partner" Studio
PC Version of New Deus Ex
PC Version
You didn't greentext. :/

OT: I shall reserve judgement until the game is in the possession of my PC friends and hear what they say about it. :/

StrangerThanFiction

Dec 8, 2010
So long as the gameplay and story is as good as the original and it is complex like a PC game should be, I honestly couldn't care less who is making it and where.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
IMO this is not good.

We all know what happens to PC games that get developed by Console Devs.

Not just that but the actuall team developing the game isnt calling the shots? Which clever chap thought of that stroke of genious?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Yeah, I reckon its gonna be a piss poor port. It'll need a PC thats 3 times more powerful than current systems to get a decent framerate.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Skorpyo said:
Sooo...

"Awesome new Deus Ex, which could possibly re-ignite the series, is being P.C.-ported by one of the worst studios ever."

Fan-fucking-tastic. I'll just go kill the last remaining hope I had and call it done.
Basically my thoughts. Although, from the gameplay trailer it doesn't look like it's really trying to be anything we haven't seen before. I suppose that's fine in a sense, it's just trying to be an FPS/RPG, and it's not Deus Ex's fault they're so common now...wait, actually, it sort of is.

I guess the thing that will hold this game back is the fact that everyone is going to compare it to how the original kind of blew everyone away, while the aspects that were so groundbreaking then are commonplace now.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
Balls.

I know the Kane & Lynch 2 port was a disaster, and the Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light port, while not awful, has a multitude of minor annoyances. (Really? There's no button on a wired 360 pad for the bombs? I have to use the keyboard? Prrrrretty sure the XBLA version wouldn't make me use a keyboard for those.)

Well, on the bright side, I won't be using a gamepad for Deus Ex. Unless I need one to download DLC or something.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Hmm I am wary but not devoid of hope. I've already put a pre-order in for the Augmented edition on PC, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Just because places like Infinity Ward and Treyarch are too stupid to realise that their franchise was established on PC doesn't mean Eidos will be.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
And thus, PC sales of the game plummeted with Eidos "having no clue as to why." I was getting it on console anyway, but PC gamers have a right to be mad. Deus Ex was born on the PC yet those gamers are the ones getting shafted.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
All they really need to do is get the controls done properly and they're all right. Though I suppose they'll screw that up anyway. Either way, it's console for me.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
I don't know what to think of this. On the one hand, it could mean that Eidos couldn't be arsed to make a decent PC port themselves. On the other hand, perhaps Eidos' expertise is mainly limited to consoles and letting the port be made by people who specialize in making PC ports. It could be a good thing.

Of course it's not encouraging that the game is designed for consoles first, but then again, what game isn't nowadays? I just hope that the damage can be undone by a good porting company (which I hope Nixxes is).

Imbechile

Aug 25, 2010
Hehehehe, I just love to see all the fanboy purists squeal and curse Eidos at every single opportunity. Because of those idiots I'm actually ashamed to be a DX fanboy and a PC gamer, so fuck you all!

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
Skorpyo said:
Sooo...

"Awesome new Deus Ex, which could possibly re-ignite the series, is being P.C.-ported by one of the worst studios ever."

Fan-fucking-tastic. I'll just go kill the last remaining hope I had and call it done.
the game should be made primarily for pc, but we ended with a console emulated game. great.

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
My first reaction upon reading the title was an overly long NNNOOOOOO!!! Followed with panic! and CHAOS! Right now im going to research how good is this company in porting, unless someone already have an experience on how these guys port games to PC.

Then again,

thethingthatlurks said:
*SNIP*
are at least getting a version that apparently wasn't ported by the dev team over a lunch break.
Well, that makes a bit of a reassurance if you think about it...

Although the only bad PC port experience I had so far (which I can recall on top of my head anyway) was (Titles are capped, they deserve a YELL for being such a horrid port.)

1. MASS EFFECT 1 (ported by Demiurge Studios I think),

2. ASSASSINS CREED 1 WAS PARTICULARLY A DISSASTER!!, Not sure who ported it but I believe its LIKELY its UBI's own port... (hence the good point its not a port made over lunch break, in house) note that I did not buy through Steam, bought it on retail instead.

3. Call of Duty: Black Ops, First time I bought the game and played on Single player, I can't believe my BRAND NEW PC with GTX 465 and i5 could not run the game on High setting considering the graphics are just more or less the same with Modern Warfare... and I can play other games on high settings mostly. Turns out it IS a bad port... tsk tsk. And again, in house porting. nice work Treyarch.

So for those who are dreading this decision, I guess we can all look at the silver lining ... At least its not going to have crappy console UI.

I just really hope they don't stuff up, they had a LONG delay already and im still having a high hope, I'm playing DX1 (yes I didn't finish it on PS2, and turns out PC is the way to go).

Doesn't matter if they're going to further delay the release, so long as it comes out as a MASTERPIECE, I'm willing to wait.

Edit:

Tldr; Not all in house ports are good either, take a look at CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS and ASSASSIN'S CREED1

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
mireko said:
To waylay our fears, maybe they should release a demo before release.

[sub]...[/sub]

Hah! Just kidding.
Stop fucking up my Thursday even more than it already is. :mad: