People are bitching way too much about the XBONE

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Neither look that great. I literally only have 4 games for my 360, and half of those are because of OCD. Plus, I like to be able to play my games and not have to rely on Microsoft to do so.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
The-Traveling-Bard said:
When Microsft basically says.

"Don't have connection? Too bad. Go play the 360"

.. Yeah, I think people have every to complain about for the months to come all the time. That's all.
They didn't "basically" said it. I think it was quite literal:

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
The games I am most interested in are cross platform; watchdogs, mgs, the division, thief, battlefield, destiny

Out of the exclusives (I don't care about other shooters but if i did it would be killzone vs titanfall+Halo - I guess xbox wins due to halo popularity)

I'm not into racing games...but driveclub will be free on PS4.
I would rather play the PS4's free game blacklight retribution then xbox's world of tanks

Then out of the games that look interesting it's [infamous 2, 1886] vs [dead rising 3, Quantum break]. Another difficult choice. But I have seen some infamous 2 gameplay and it looks good. much better then the deadrising 3 exclusive.

Killer instinct? We have mortal kombat, street fighter, tekken already. I doubt killer instinct is worth the trouble.w

I think the PS4 edges it..and when you add price, kinect, drm, potential power (unless you believe the cloud is a real thing and expect cross-platform games to actually use it) ....then the PS4 destroys the xbox one.

BlackMageBob

Nov 28, 2009
What annoys me is that people seem to be ignoring the massive anti-consumer actions Sony has undertaken over the years.

PSPGo, anyone? How about not being able to use your paid-for DLC for PSP games with their vita-store counterparts? Does everyone forget the radio silence over the PSN outage? And outage, mind you that led to the compromise of every PSN user's financial data. Data that we were told was hashed...with unsalted MD5. And they waited nearly two weeks to tell anyone that the data had been taken. Then we were faced with the subsequent removal of the other OS option for the console...and the removal of backwards-compatibility shortly after the first wave of consoles.

Sony is not a good company with a good consumer protection track-record. This is a marketing ploy, nothing more.

PC or bust! Steam for all! All hail the Penguin!

EXos

Nov 24, 2009
As a PC gamer I've checked the specs of both "new" consoles and my year old PC runs circles around them.

So I am kind of happy with these both. ^^ Any cross platform I can play on highest settings at 1920 x 1080.

I'll stop trolling for a second and say that all in all; the PS4 seems to be returning to what a console was all about. "Pick it up bring it to a friend with a couple of games, plug it into the tv and PLAY SOME SODDING GAMES!"

However. Keep in mind that sony has shown already that they can switch around and stab you in the back just as quickly. And while their console doesn't need to be online doesn't mean the publishers will agree with it.

Don't celebrate until you have either of them in your hands.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
You have to think down the line with the games too, not just the launch titles (the ones we'll forget about in a year). Sony has opened to doors to the indie developing world. For those who don't have a PC, having a PS4 will offer them the absolute flood of amazing indie titles that we've been enjoying on PC, namely Don't starve shown at the presentation. Microsoft has already said "no publisher, fuck off" regarding this matter.

Being the more powerful system, the 3rd party multiplatform games should look or play better on PS4 as well, an absolute flip from this generation. Also, Sony has tons of internal studios and 2nd party devs, Microsoft hasn't really done much on that front outside of Halo/Gears and the handful of XBLA titles.

That was just discussing the games. Never mind the lower price, no DRM/used game restrictions/Kinect bla bla, and I can absolutely see why the landscape looks the way it does. I know "journalists" are supposed to be "objective" and shit, but at the same time we want them to be consumer advocates and look after our best interests. The screenshot in the OP is them doing just the latter description of the job.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
No just becuase there are twice as many of exclusives that I don't care about(even halo) dosen't mean I should overlook the vbox one doing all the thing's I dislike about the pc world while doing none of the good(other than looking pretty).

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
BTW. you added project spark to the XBO list. That is also on the PC
you added Fantasia which is xbo & 360
But you missed out titanfall

In that case add the PS4/PC titles;

Blacklight retribution
Daylight
Planetside 2
Transistor
the witness
warframe
Project thunder

PS4/PS3/PC titles:

DC universe online
Primal carnage
final fantasy online
Diablo 3

oliver.begg

Oct 7, 2010
MinionJoe said:
I agree. People should stop complaining about what they perceive to be potential problems with upcoming products. That way, word of mouth about those problems won't spread and companies can sell more units to unsuspecting customers.

I mean, it's not like most countries have anti-slander laws that prevent the spreading of purposefully false and/or malicious rumors or anything.

*cough*

I think I've strained my spleen. It's not used to producing that much sarcasm all in one go...
that would require people to be pulling things iut of thin air, not quoting senior microsoft personal

its not slander if its a in context quote

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
Oban said:
How much is Microsoft paying for creating an account and making these kind of posts nowadays?
I dunno, we got enough of that shit on 4chan that we started ignoring every post that didn't include "Xbone." Microsoft has a policy where their people can't refer to it by that title, so the only people who do are ones guaranteed not to be paid by them.

Someone defending Xbone and calling it XboxOne? Paid off. Someone making a rational post either way and calling it Xbone? Probably normal guy.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
Jago1130 said:
Fact 1. the supposed out of control drm is no worse that what we've had on PC's basically forever.
Except that's wrong. Nothing except the bullshit recent services like Origin (which are awful, and universally hated) are as bad as the DRM on xbone. Even services like steam are LEAGUES better, for one reason - they have competition. Every decision they make has to take into account the fact that PC users can simply opt to use a different service if they're even slightly miffed at anything Steam does. If you're locked into Xbone and you're miffed at what Microsoft is doing, guess what? You're 110% fucked.

So... no, stop pretending that the XBone is "no worse" than what we've had on PC. Because it is worse. It's roughly on par with the most hated services currently available on PC - and the fact that nobody uses them gives you an idea which ones they prefer.
2. I will still be able to buy a game, put it in my machine, and enjoy it. Just like today, only I will also be able to more easily share that with my buddy than PS4 will be able to.
Unless you're in Japan. Or Russia. Or China. Or India. Or Argentina. Then they won't work at at all. The TV features also won't work to their full stated extent in any country outside the US. Also, if Microsoft's servers ever go down for an extended period (like they've been known to in the past) you'll be locked out of playing any games for the duration of the outage.

And considering that you're not actually BENEFITING from this DRM pyramid scheme, why are you defending it? Yeah, let's pretend that Microsoft's servers will be 100% stable. Let's pretend (while we're in fantasy land) that you never have any kind of internet outage. Let's pretend that Microsoft will have streaks of goodwill toward a playerbase it detests so much it's made an entire console specifically to remove their rights and force them to obey its every command. How does any of this actually *benefit* you? You're aware that the daily online check isn't for your benefit, it's an added inconvenience simply to make them money and to ensure you aren't doing anything shifty or playing games you aren't supposed to?

How do you DEFEND that stuff? It's already bad, and it's already completely unnecessary. But what you're doing, even if you don't realize it, is giving Microsoft permission to keep going. By rationalizing the cock in your ear, by claiming it's not THAT bad, by claiming Steam has also somehow had a cock in your ear for years (that you apparently continued to use despite being able to swap over to cockless services), you're enticing Microsoft to step up their game. They'll see it's okay to strip you of your game ownership rights because you're okay with them placing a higher priority on personal profit than on consumer happiness/rights/console functionality.

When they see you have zero regard for your rights as a consumer, that's when they start putting shit in like a camera that must be on during all gameplay sessions, recording your every... wait, shit.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
My money is on Sony. Call me a fanboi but i liked their exclusives always more and i bet in the long term they will still invest in exclusives while Microsoft simply don`t. They can keep their DRM spy tv system. The xbox isn`t a console anymore with the 500bucks you can upgrade or invest into a pc, which makes way more sense to me. If you still want to support Microsoft make sure it runs on windows.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
meh to both until they're released.

btw what's with the explosion of Xbox one threads lately???

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
MinionJoe said:
oliver.begg said:
that [slander] would require people to be pulling things out of thin air, not quoting senior microsoft personal

its not slander if its a in context quote
Ah, but according to the OP, quoting Microsoft executives is still "complaining" and we shouldn't do that because exclusives!

:)
Thanks for missing the point and thanks for not reading what I wrote.

The exclusives thing was just one example of how the media was using the fan reaction to atract clicks.

Here is another example of the media blindly going for the "PS4 is god and the XBONE is cancer materialized".
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/10405-The-Playroom-is-the-Coolest-Tech-Demo-You-Will-Ever-See

Somehow that is "The Coolest Tech Demo you will ever see", that... You can even see my post there.

People seriously need to get down to earth for a moment, Sony seems to be doing a great job with the PS4 and Microsoft is certainly doing a terrible job with the XBONE but thats it, going after everything that is shown on both sides and just automaticly claim that that the things on Sony's side are awesome and the things on Microsoft's side are terrible is just wrong.

And I never said that people shouldnt complain, just not complain about things that never really did anything wrong or arent different from the competition (while not complaining about that same aspect on it).

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
TehCookie said:
When DRM doesn't let you play a game it doesn't matter how good it is. I've learned my lesson with Steam. I'm going to use my precognition powers that says the PS4 will have more JRPG exclusives later one and that's my favorite genre.
Totally agree. Although I've built up a large library of steam games, I've been reminded several times just what the DRM on Steam does.
For all it's good reputation, it's bitten me in the ass several times.

To the point that I now check to see if there's some other way of getting a game that doesn't rely on steam.
Sure, if it includes a steam key i'll still install it, because steam has some advantages...

(And if the alternatives have DRM too, then I might get it on steam anyway, but eh...)

But I look for DRM-free alternative these days, because DRM is just getting to be too much of a pain.

Definitely avoiding anything that seems like steam only worse... >_>