Pepsi Wants To Snackify Drinks and Drinkify Snacks

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Pepsi should use those exact words in its advertising campaign, because, boy, does that sound appealing."

Lol!

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Wait, so it's like mush basically. That sounds horrible. May have to get some strictly to see how horrible.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I would like to smackify whoever came up with those stupid terms "drinkify" and "snackify". Also, the high-fructose-corn-syrup slurry they're likely to dump into those bottles will have as much relation to real fruit as fruit has relation to the surface of Venus.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Angus565 said:
Brian Hendershot said:
Finally! I no longer have to chew my food! Now I just need someone to poop for me and I'll be set for life!
Sir, I like the way you think!
Personally, I think the next step is to convert food to lasers...
Thanksgiving will be awesome!
Thanksgiving with Lasers would make that holiday ten times more awesome. Anything with lasers would be ten times more awesome actually.

Just think. If we got people to poop for us we could even solve the whole unemployment crisis! Everyone wins!

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
The Wall Street Journal quotes Nooyi as announcing, "We see the emerging opportunity to 'snackify' beverages and 'drinkify' snacks as the next frontier in food and beverage convenience."
Okay. So. Paste. Gotcha.

The first one sounds alright maybe. With their sugar and calorie count I've been looking at drinks as full blown snacks for a long time. But the second one. Brings to mind images of liquefied Doritos and peanut butter and jelly slurry.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Is it weird that the word "drinkify" repulses me but I don't really mind the word "snackify"? Hell if I had the time I'd try and snackify every food - what can I say I'm a snack person.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
I'm sorry Pepsi, but no. You're not allowed to coin neologisms until your depth of literary knowledge and contribution to culture is at LEAST on the same level as James Joyce, and if you think for one second that that dishwater you market as a beverage is as valuable an addition to human society as Ulysses, then think again. I don't think I need to remind people which one has a holiday in celebration of it...

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
Soooooo... they invented applesauce and made up stupid words to describe it? Good job Pepsi! That'll go over real well, I'm sure.

Jackpot

Mar 21, 2008
stealing articles from penny arcade is the forefront of modern internet journalism.

Godspeed!

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
CaptainCrunch said:
They should spend their time on more profitable pursuits, like caffeinated bacon - or baconated grapefruit.
No kidding. Here I am drinking coffee with my bacon like some sort of savage. At a waffle house now less.

toastMonger

Jun 16, 2010
maswell said:
smoothie?
Yeah, looks like they "came up with" smoothies. Or possibly exceedingly thick smoothies with added preservatives. I'd put the Pepsi marketing department up there with car insurance marketing companies for groups I'd most like to see inexplicably swallowed by the earth, possibly having their office "quakeified" or "tornadonated".

Honestly if anyone has the money to buy this they should probably go get Bolthouse Farms smoothies (or make their own).

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
You know those articles that came out a couple of years ago about how American-based companies were hiring foreign CEOs because US business schools tended to turn out greedy idiots who would happily ruin a company rather than manage it intelligently because they're all about short term profit and stupid gimmicks?

Indra Nooyi is from India. We no longer have a monopoly on idiot CEOs.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Mmm... Soylent green apple.

I picked up some 'Drench' spring water 'with blackcurrant and apple' - as it was stupidly cheap and I hadn't tried it. They go all out on how 'healthy' this stuff is, then I looked at the numbers.

Per 100ml-Drench fruit water | Pepsi
Sugar 9.2g | 11g
Calories 95 | 115

Hardly worth going 'healthy' is it?