PETA Gives Award to "Animal-Friendly" Adult Swim

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Wait a minute...why didn't Deer Avenger get that award? That game was hilarious.

But yeah, it seems PETA completely missed the point.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
And I'd like to give the Formica Archonis Award for Best Use of Emperor Genitals (FAABUE Genitals) to Adult Swim's Viva Caligula.

(PETA = real-world trolls. Don't feed them.)

Apr 28, 2008
lacktheknack said:
SinisterGehe said:
And hold on!!! Animals like eating other animals, why ain't PETA hunting down the wolf that killed 8 sheep last summer in Finland?
They were briefly considering weaning all carnivores onto "humane" food. Yes, really.

Here's the one big question, though: WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE PLANTS?!
Kind of like this:

OT: Oh PETA... making fun of you is like beating a dead horse.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
I'm a strange animal. I don't eat meat, but I hate just about 99% of everything PETA does. Nothing they do makes any sense at all, and they're fucking morons. But...I don't really have a problem with this. I think it's a good thing that PETA has taken a step away from the bat-shit insane things that they do (all of which have questionable morals) and taken a step forward in commending the things that they enjoy. Perhaps they've realized that bashing everyone else because you don't share their beliefs is detrimental, and encouraging those that you do like might make people open up and begin to take you more seriously.

...but chances are high that they are morons and they just missed the point.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
poiumty said:
these games encourage players to give animals a break and stop eating, wearing, and shooting them
*sigh*

Can we have like a country somewhere built for these types of special people who do not understand reality? Just stick'em in with the WBC, the hippies, the spirit healers, the Flat Earth Society and Jehova's Witnesses.
Heh, that'd be a great place for vacation.
Maybe we could just trick them into going to North Korea? Put up some false name signs, say they are devilish bastards who hate animals and god but are willing to change and love doing drugs... it could work.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Adult Swim was honored in the "Most Animal-Friendly Video Games" category for the games Polar Bear Payback, in which the player helps a polar bear hunt down and maul baby seal hunters, and Tofu Hunter, a parody of games like Deer Hunter.
Soo...mauling humans=OK, but killing animals=OMFGWTFISWRONGWITHYOUPOORBABYANIMALSCANNOTDEFENDTHEMSELVEYOUFUCKINGMURDERER!!!
*sigh* Gotta love PETA, 'cause at least they are consistent - insofar as they are being hypocritical assholes. Nevermind the whole euthanasia business...

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
thethingthatlurks said:
Soo...mauling humans=OK, but killing animals=OMFGWTFISWRONGWITHYOUPOORBABYANIMALSCANNOTDEFENDTHEMSELVEYOUFUCKINGMURDERER!!!
*sigh* Gotta love PETA, 'cause at least they are consistent - insofar as they are being hypocritical assholes. Nevermind the whole euthanasia business...
They're VERY consistent as long as you realize one thing. PETA doesn't love animals. They hate humans! Everything they do is vehemently anti-human and almost none of it is pro-animal. That's just their cover story.

These are the people who think pet ownership is an abomination, and the best thing for animals is to be released into the wild or put out of their misery, even in preference to living with a human and being taken care of. So little girl with a kitten = slavery, little girl with a DEAD kitten = good!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
so its EVIL if a human hamrs a animal but the other way around is ok.....what the shit?
hopefully some of the PETA members get mauled by a hamster or something

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Hur-rah?

I dont know, is receiving an award from PETA really that special? Especially with the public opinion there is about them.

Personally (and this is me being me, whihc is usually me just liking to aggrivate someone for no real reason), right after the award, i would have put up a flash game like that tofu hunter, only its an endangered species thing or something. Just to piss PETA off and because it would be hysterical.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Formica Archonis said:
thethingthatlurks said:
They're VERY consistent as long as you realize one thing. PETA doesn't love animals. They hate humans! Everything they do is vehemently anti-human and almost none of it is pro-animal. That's just their cover story.

These are the people who think pet ownership is an abomination, and the best thing for animals is to be released into the wild or put out of their misery, even in preference to living with a human and being taken care of. So little girl with a kitten = slavery, little girl with a DEAD kitten = good!
PETA's activities and stances actually make more sense from that perspective. Still the "releasing animals into the wild" bit is just unfeasibly retarded. How could any sane person expect something like a cow to survive? But let's not get too off-topic with the PETA bashing here. Let's just leave it at killing humans=good, killing animals=MURDER, euthanizing animals because they feel like it=fine&dandy.
It's just a shame that us vegetarians are so often lumped into the same pile as those degenerates...

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
lacktheknack said:
SinisterGehe said:
And hold on!!! Animals like eating other animals, why ain't PETA hunting down the wolf that killed 8 sheep last summer in Finland?
They were briefly considering weaning all carnivores onto "humane" food. Yes, really.

I don't remember what was the name of the movement where the followers weren't allowed to eat ANYTHING living, they can only eat, mushrooms that have dropped their spore, fruits that have dropped on to the ground (seed must be left to the ground), nuts and stuff like that... If we all would eat like that we wouldn't that be nice? :)

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
So...

Wait.

Either PETA is being very stupid, or they're trying to garner respect from Adult Swim's fans by backing them - which is also pretty stupid.

Conclusion: PETA is stupid.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
SinisterGehe said:
lacktheknack said:
SinisterGehe said:

I don't remember what was the name of the movement where the followers weren't allowed to eat ANYTHING living, they can only eat, mushrooms that have dropped their spore, fruits that have dropped on to the ground (seed must be left to the ground), nuts and stuff like that... If we all would eat like that we wouldn't that be nice? :)
Hmm...half of that apple has been eaten by birds, and ants are crawling all over it. Tonight, we feast! What's that? You've found some fungus of questionable toxicity? Yippie, a wonderful side dish indeed!
The dietary choices of some people scare me >>