PETA Plays Pokemon

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
who taught PETA flash? who? whoever did you have some explaining to do.

when do the copywrite charges start dropping I mean like hardcore. Pokemon is a registered trade mark so is their likenesses. I mean Nintendo could probably crush PETA financially without even sweating. unless Nintendo is afraid that their Redmond office will get firebombed or something.

Tamrin

Nov 12, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
Have you ever really thought about what actually goes on in Pokemon? It's basically dogfighting for kids. You trap the little beasts, stuff them into tiny cages, "train" them to make them more powerful and dangerous, and only let them out when you want them to fight for your entertainment. Nasty stuff, really.
And profit. Entertainment and profit. Afterall, when you are challenged by others like yourself and your Pokemon defeat theirs you do win money.

Daaaah Whoosh said:
I thought PETA was for the euthenization of domesticized animals, not the freeing of them.
teebeeohh said:
wait wouldn't peta kill every last pokemon ever owned by a trainer?

Try as they might I think they will never reach their intended goal of 100%.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
PETA support Eco-terrorist groups like ELF (or is it ALF?)

Why would ANYONE support PETA?

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Toilet said:
OH NO WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE DIGITAL ONES AND ZEROS!

THINK OF THE ONES AND ZEROS!
You, sir or ma'am, have won the internet.

A tip of the hat to you for bringing the lulz to my day.

Krat Arona

Jul 12, 2010
I'm no Nintendo fan anymore, but GOD I hope Nintendo sue these stupid fucks into the ground.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
...I actually beat that game (only 4 trainers). I know you shouldn't feed the trolls, but this is just so tongue in cheek funny I couldn't stop LOL

So trolling well done, PETA. I applaud you without sarcasm.

Oh, the reciept for Pokemon White 2 came to my inbox. Yay, can't wait!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Hey, Nintendo, unliscenced use of your biggest IP right there by an internet hate figure.

Go nuts!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
gardian06 said:

when do the copywrite charges start dropping I mean like hardcore. Pokemon is a registered trade mark so is their likenesses. I mean Nintendo could probably crush PETA financially without even sweating. unless Nintendo is afraid that their Redmond office will get firebombed or something.
EvilChameleon said:
This won't stay long with Nintendo's copyright lawyers on the case.
gigastar said:
Hey, Nintendo, unliscenced use of your biggest IP right there by an internet hate figure.

Go nuts!
It's a parody that wasn't made for monetary gain (That is, they aren't selling it).

Pokemon: Black and Blue is doubly protected. Nintendo can't do nothin'.

Captcha: Fair Play

Very close Captcha, but it's actually 'Fair Use'.

Carlos Storm

Mar 13, 2012
Why are you even bringing this up and giving attention to this? is it really that slow a newsday that you're giving PETA exactly what they want?

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
I have a game parody in response to PETA's attention-grabbing.

It's called THE GAME: PETA edition.

The rules are as follows:

1. If you think about PETA, you lose.
2. If you talk about PETA, you lose.
3. If you write about PETA, you lose.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
...That's not a proper Pokemon card. It's a Trainer card, but it has HP, which means it's a Pokemon. It has three attacks, which only appear on Pokemon, but they all cost the same and all do far too little damage (Pokemon cards do damage in multiples of 10). If it's a Pokemon, it should have more stats across the bottom. If it's a Pokemon, it should have an evolutionary stage. I've seen better bootleg cards than that - ones that can't spell words like "deck".

Oh, and the protest is stupid. But you knew that.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Regiment said:
...That's not a proper Pokemon card. It's a Trainer card, but it has HP, which means it's a Pokemon. It has three attacks, which only appear on Pokemon, but they all cost the same and all do far too little damage (Pokemon cards do damage in multiples of 10). If it's a Pokemon, it should have more stats across the bottom. If it's a Pokemon, it should have an evolutionary stage. I've seen better bootleg cards than that - ones that can't spell words like "deck".
It's worse than that. In the game, Ash is weak to water attacks. He can't be an electric type!

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
Oddly enough, these little parody games that Peta keep making aren't actually that bad, gameplay wise.
If you skip all the story it's not a bad pokemon rip-off.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
Kopikatsu said:
gardian06 said:

EvilChameleon said:
This won't stay long with Nintendo's copyright lawyers on the case.
gigastar said:

Go nuts!
It's a parody that wasn't made for monetary gain (That is, they aren't selling it).

Pokemon: Black and Blue is doubly protected. Nintendo can't do nothin'.

Captcha: Fair Play

Very close Captcha, but it's actually 'Fair Use'.
no. Nintendo does have right to sue. because it is using the name of a property that they have trademarked, and using it without authorization. maybe if it was a small viewing, or such, but they are potentially gaining profit from it through page hits, and requesting donations which is still considered profit. the same way that Happy Birthday is still under copyright, and technically the holder of that should receive royalties every time it is sung.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
el_kabong said:
I have a game parody in response to PETA's attention-grabbing.

It's called THE GAME: PETA edition.

The rules are as follows:

1. If you think about PETA, you lose.
2. If you talk about PETA, you lose.
3. If you write about PETA, you lose.
I hate you, I just escaped the Game...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

OT: While for once, Peta is kind of right, it is dog fighting for children, when the series itself explores this concept, as Pokemon did in Black and White, your criticism is meaningless.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It'd be more poignant and interesting if it hadn't already been pointed out over the course of the last decade by numerous sources to the point where its mundane. This is like making a "batman is gay" joke. It's been done to death.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
gardian06 said:

If they did not do it for Mario, they wont do it here.

Sadly, the media, for the most part lies. I know, I just "shocked" everyone with that "water-is-wet" idea. Anyway here is how it would go.

Nintendo sues, PETA goes too court, media sides with PETA because that is what liberals will do (Fox will side with no one, but will point out some of the PETA-killing), Nintendo gets bad press, liberals will pay PETA's court costs lawyer fees and however much Nintendo won (because they would win), Nintendo loses all the winning trying to recover from bad pres, and PETA will still be getting more and more donations.

In the end PETA wins because the F***ing wind bags in Hollywood (Paris Hilton, Gorge Clunny, ect) will keep giving too PETA because they never bothered too find out what PETA believes. And when Fox News tells them, well we all know Fox news lies. FYI, no other media outlet will say a D** thing.

And crap like this is why I am losing more and more hope that Americans will wake up and start DEMANDING honesty. Not just from the media, but politicians (ALL politicians), their employers, Banks, Police, Hospitals, Scientists, Everyone in the WORLD.

*steps off soap-box*