PETA Plays Pokemon

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
It's hilarious because Team Plasma is basically PETA if they had the budget for cool medieval and/or ninja outfits, technologically advanced giant castle super-fortresses, and brooding technicolor-haired leaders.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
There's some amusing parallels to draw between PETA and Team Plasma, besides the whole 'animal liberation' thing. Like how they're both a scam.

PETA would sooner kill animals than see them saved. They have no problem with animals getting murdered, so long as humans don't benefit from the murder in some way. Hence why they euthanize the vast majority of animals they get their hands on. They're not actually out to save animals at all.

Likewise, Team Plasma make claims they're going to liberate Pokemon, but, towards the end of Black/White 1, it's revealed that it's all a lie. The pokemon they 'liberate', they actually keep for themselves. And you can see examples of them treating pokemon very poorly throughout the whole game. The only member of Team Plasma who's actually legitimate is N, who bails on the organization at the end.

So, it actually makes perfect sense that PETA would use Team Plasma as heroes in their parody-troll game, and it's amusing to anyone who actually plays the game how much that really says about PETA's own motives.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Pokemon were quite merrily fighting one another constatnly, and the big ones were destroying the world until humans were introduced as a control agent, weren't they? I could have sworn that's one of the game's storylines... Shouldn't PETA be freeing humans from the pokemon world so the pokemon can get back to their natural behaviour; wontonly destroying themselves?

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Honestly, in this case I don't see the problem on their part. It's pretty obvious they're not actually going after Pokemon here, just parodying it to try to get the point that there are actual problems out there. I mean, how many groups of geeky friends haven't joked about the fact that Pokemon is basically about child negligence and animal abuse? I really doubt PETA is stupid enough to actually try to protest Pokemon... but then again, this is PETA, so who knows.

JoshuaMadoc

Sep 3, 2008
Why can't somebody just start a shooting and bombing rampage in all PETA facilities and offices already? It's like watching a little kid enjoy peeling off scabs and laugh as the scabs leave copious amounts of bleeding before licking the blood.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Wow PETA. I think I speak for a bunch of people when I say, "It took you this fucking long to criticize Pokemon?" Seriously, every one and their dog has made this joke already. Did they just see Egoraptor's video for the first time or something?

I mean, really. "Lolz Pokemon is just dog-fighting." was the "Cake is a Lie" of its time.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
While it's true I am the master of a bunch of monsters designed to fit in my pocket, be unleashed upon a moment's notice, and are, for profit I might add, meticulously trained to do battle like a pack of hunting wolves, I am actually giving my Pokémon the most beneficial lifestyle they could ever have.
You see, there's this little thing called "happiness". And not only it is an emotion that can be felt by Pokémon, its growth can actually be numerically and statistically charted. There's a number of ways you can foster and elevate happiness, but the most common and most effective way is to embrace the lifestyle you're so quick to shun: embark on a journey to raise your Pokémon into a lean, mean domination machine. Take the time to level it up. Show the effectiveness of your mutually beneficial relationship by fighting towards and earning badges. Feed it vitamin supplements to raise its combat strength and effectiveness. They actually appreciate the fact you'd take the time to do these things. Not only are they content with it, they're positively ecstatic at the idea of becoming your personal unstoppable monster.
So I want you to take the time to think: whenever your Pokémon, that you keep shackled to its inferior life of being excluded from human interaction and forced to never grow from its wild beginnings, is curbstomped by my healthier, happier, stronger, and all around superior buddy, ask yourself as you bathe in its tears and sorrow: who's the real monster?

So Team Plasma PETA, if you're going to decry what I do for being unethical, I might just award you with a little "hypocrite" badge.
And then I will promptly stomp you into the ground and take the badge back as part of my campaign to be the very best. Because that's just how I roll, and according to statistical and empirical evidence, my Pokémon couldn't be happier any other way.

This has been a satirical response to PETA's (hopefully) satirical Pokemon parody. Both of us are aware that Pocket Monsters are not real animals and vice versa. I just felt like whacking down the in-universe argument.

Fun conjecture: If you take the "battle as a means to grow a healthy symbiotic relationship between Man and Pokemon" approach, then Team Rocket's "Tools of War" philosophy might actually be on higher moral grounds than Team Plasma's "Liberate" philosophy.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
...well, at least this one makes sense. Sure, a it's been said to death, but at least they're finally starting to make some form of...coherency.

So, what can I say that hasn't been said? Talk about PETA and you lose, took you long enough, PETA kills more animals than they save, they're not directly attacking the series etc, etc...well, at least I can offer this. If you want to see what's in the game without playing it, have this:

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
please tell me i'm not the only one who read that and thought "who Da fuq is professor Juniper"?

two words folks Professor Oak, the senile but kindly old man who sends you on your journey, always

and his grandson, Clitoris (Who's name i helpfully reminded to the senile old professor after he forgot)

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
But Pokemon taught me to fight for what is right, against people who would want to enslave a friends and travelling buddies. It also taught me to be nice to animals...Clearly I've been playing it wrong...

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
PETA really seem to like being PR parasites, leeching off of other's fame by being giant douchebag trolls.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Gilhelmi said:
PETA are trolling.

Do not feed the trolls.

That is all.
You know the phrase "never attribute to malice what could be attributed to stupidity?"

Just saying.

CaptainMarvelous said:
It's getting to the point Nintie might actually be able to claim libel/slander
Not entirely sure you understand the concept here.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Gilhelmi said:
PETA are trolling.

Do not feed the trolls.

That is all.
You know the phrase "never attribute to malice what could be attributed to stupidity?"

Just saying.
Hmm, are trolls malice for the sake of malice, or are the trolls just stupid?

It is interesting too contemplate. Not for long because after I learned the truth about "them". I refuse too let them have the honor of letting me think.

My thinking on something is a high honor that I give too those who worthy of my thoughts. Heck, most things are worth of that. "they" are on a very short list.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
If you all really cared about animal rights you would all be vegans and would support PETA, if you can honestly say that you value the flavour of meat above the suffering of animals, then I will not only respect you, but also call you an abhorant human being.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
it's funny, because in black and white, Team Plasma are PETA, they are hypocrites and say all Pokemon should be set free when they want all the best Pokemon for themselves.

This is hilarious, but have PETA no sense of fun?

FYI I Am Some Guy

Aug 24, 2010
I saw the title, and my first thought was "Well this'll be good." Turns out I was right, for the sarcastic definition of good. I wonder if Nintendo can pull a McMillen here, and just troll PETA into submission. Wait, McMillen planned that...

ima420r

Aug 14, 2008
PETA is one of the biggest trolls on the intrawebs. Just ignore their stupid thing and move along.